Author Topic: SCRIPTA - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi  (Read 239716 times)

Offline aminkorea

Re: SCRIPTA - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2014, 01:10:05 AM »
I just found this thread and haven't had time to read all 5 or so pages, so this may have already been asked and answered, but I am wondering if Scripta will work on the 1M5 miners from ltcgear. 

Thanks

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2014, 11:52:18 AM »
I just found this thread and haven't had time to read all 5 or so pages, so this may have already been asked and answered, but I am wondering if Scripta will work on the 1M5 miners from ltcgear. 

Thanks

It's supposed to, but the new firmware changes that Chris (aka Beekeeper) released breaks Scripta compatibility (I think -- or so I assume from one of the earlier posts regarding cgminer not working right).

Offline Chirale

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »

Thanks
Beekeeper has installed scripta on The 1M5 units And possibly (but we have to ask him) modified slightly the cgminer. To answer your questions scripta should run fine on the 1M5 units, the only problem is that need to be optimised with the scriptor8x full boards and beekeeper had to tell us how to get 300kh/per board. Firmware + some special settings in the cgminer???
Tnx

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2014, 01:39:13 AM »
Its great job, running like a swiss clock. Thank You guys.
As about the modifications done to cgminer, I will will transfer final files tomorrow to Chirale, they are only small modifications in timeouts and scan times, but as I said, packed together with MCU and FPGA it's running like a clock.

Chris

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2014, 02:27:30 AM »
Its great job, running like a swiss clock. Thank You guys.
As about the modifications done to cgminer, I will will transfer final files tomorrow to Chirale, they are only small modifications in timeouts and scan times, but as I said, packed together with MCU and FPGA it's running like a clock.

Chris

Really glad to hear this news Chris!  Now I'm even more impatient to get my 1M5! ;D

Offline mrbojangles

« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2014, 05:11:21 AM »
Hiya, so worldly, you have multiple 5-chip gridseed miners on a usb hub working with a raspberry using Scripta and minerd?

I will have a similar setup and just wondering.

Thanks.

Offline mrbojangles

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2014, 06:10:31 AM »
Chirale, any plans for a remote monitoring solution to remotely monitor scripta instances?

Thanks.

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2014, 12:47:56 PM »
Hiya, so worldly, you have multiple 5-chip gridseed miners on a usb hub working with a raspberry using Scripta and minerd?

I will have a similar setup and just wondering.

Thanks.

Yep...running stability all last night.  :)   Don't forget to donate to Scripta if you use it...the stability is worth it in my opinion.  See: http://imgur.com/5f6Nfxb

I know a few hours isn't conclusive, but the graph does seem to indicate its running better.  I'll keep my eye on it the rest of the day.

Offline mudflap

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »
That is way smoother! Look forward to seeing it after a day or two longer..... Might have to get a PI on order!

Is the BTC side disabled now?

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »
That is way smoother! Look forward to seeing it after a day or two longer..... Might have to get a PI on order!

Yep, the BTC side is disabled...I don't know what the right command line parameter is to run the BTC chips.  If anyone knows, I'd be happy to test that out as well.

Offline maardein

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
Just ordered an extra PI for this purpose :)

The smoother hashrate looks good!

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

Yep, the BTC side is disabled...I don't know what the right command line parameter is to run the BTC chips.  If anyone knows, I'd be happy to test that out as well.

Ok so I started playing around with RasPi and cgminer for it...here's a post of my findings (or lack thereof):  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.msg5465107#msg5465107

I hope this helps Chirale & DrFraz on their modifications with Scripta to support these miners.

Cheers!

Offline mudflap

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »
Just looking to grab a PI and can someone confirm this is the right model?

Seems a little cheaper than usual as well!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PT4GGC/?tag=ho01f-21

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
Just looking to grab a PI and can someone confirm this is the right model?

Seems a little cheaper than usual as well!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PT4GGC/?tag=ho01f-21

Looks like the right one...It is a RasPi Model B just like the one I bought (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SQQF9C/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)...so I think it should work.

Offline mudflap

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »
Thanks bud, on order