Author Topic: SCRIPTA - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi  (Read 230539 times)

Offline Chirale

Re: SCRIPTA - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »
Can you add a power off button in GUI interface, and a reboot one? I could not find it. I recompiled today cgminer for your distribution and I was looking for power off button in GUI interface, I could not find it.
If manage to add those, please send me modified php files to add at my working distribution, please.. :D
Under miner commands you should have start/stop (cgminer) and a reset (should reboot). Power off is a feature that we didn't need! Hopefully the Miner is always up and running! :)
I'll Speak to drfranz and get him to contact you regarding the php. He was working on the github anyway and hopefully online soon.

Offline drfranz

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 10:05:32 AM »
Hi beekeper,
we are going to add those commands in the next days,
I'll keep you informed.

Bye

drfranz

Offline Chirale

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »
1.5MH unit (x5 scyptor8x full) from ltcgear.com hashing away running scripta! Quite cool! tnx beekepeer!

https://vimeo.com/85574290

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
1.5MH unit (x5 scyptor8x full) from ltcgear.com hashing away running scripta! Quite cool! tnx beekepeer!

https://vimeo.com/85574290

Yep, this is exactly what I wanted to see...thanks to both Beekeeper and Chirale!  I'm really looking forward to getting my 1M5!

Offline Skitzman69

Re: Scripta - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 12:03:32 AM »
To access Scripta via SSH:
Used ID: root
PW: scripta
Port: 7722

Have fun!

P.S. we advice to change the root password with passwd from a system console.
It's generally NOT a good idea to allow direct root login via SSH, if someone gets in as root you are toast.  It would be much better to restrict root SSH access and just use the user:pi that exists, then su if you need root.  It seems you also changed the default pi password (from raspberry), is there a reason for that (i.e. did I just break something by changing it)?

Thanks,

Offline Chirale

Re: Scripta - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »
To access Scripta via SSH:
Used ID: root
PW: scripta
Port: 7722
Have fun!
P.S. we advice to change the root password with passwd from a system console.
It's generally NOT a good idea to allow direct root login via SSH, if someone gets in as root you are toast.  It would be much better to restrict root SSH access and just use the user:pi that exists, then su if you need root.  It seems you also changed the default pi password (from raspberry), is there a reason for that (i.e. did I just break something by changing it)?
Thanks,
You are absoluely correct, and probably it is one of those things that will be changed in future release! This was the easiest way to set it up, infact we adviced to change the password from a system console! If you want to be extra-safe you can disable the ssh. Hopefully the github will be up soon and you are welcome to apply these changes if you like. Happy mining!
P.S. I don't think you broke anything!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 07:34:17 PM by Chirale »

Offline DrJetico

• It's nice to be irritated. It's a joyous thing!
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 10:46:14 PM »

Dear Litecoin community,
We are proud to present Scripta! The Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi.
Scripta is fully integrated with available FPGA boards for litecoin mining (ltcgear.com). It includes system web user interface, email notification issues, backup service and system update. The project is debian-based and is entirely open source. We are planning to upload it to github in the near future. This is our first release so please let us know what you think! You can download the image here.
Donation to the project are welcome! Address: Lcb3cy5nPnh3pQWPCpa55Zg8ShZj5kUHYC
Special thanks to MineForeman for the mining web interface and part of the donation will be given to minepeon project.
Twitter: @scriptamining

Features:
- Mining with cgminer
- Email notification issues and automatic recovery
- Scriptor8x FPGA support
- Fit on 4GB SD card
- SSH access
- Web user interface
   - Graphs of hashrate
   - Realtime stats from cgminer
   - Easy miner configuration
   - Miner control: Reset, start and stop
   - Quick selection of largest mining pools
   - Graphs intervals options
   - Update service
   - Backup service

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:01:35 PM by DrJetico »

Offline Chirale

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »
Can you add a power off button in GUI interface, and a reboot one? I could not find it. I recompiled today cgminer for your distribution and I was looking for power off button in GUI interface, I could not find it.
If manage to add those, please send me modified php files to add at my working distribution, please.. :D

Done! Now possible to shutdown and reboot your Raspberry PI from the web-interface!
Good luck beekeeper (ltcgear.com) with your 1.5MH units!
We will soon upload the github with the latest version of Scripta.

Offline KarlB

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 01:25:38 AM »
Shutdown and reboot would be very useful. I will format my SD card and re-flash it with the new image tomorrow.
Any news on the git hub?
In the meantime, what path on the SD card should I look in if I want to edit the PHP files? I could not find them.
Thanks

Offline Chirale

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
Shutdown and reboot would be very useful. I will format my SD card and re-flash it with the new image tomorrow.
Any news on the git hub?
In the meantime, what path on the SD card should I look in if I want to edit the PHP files? I could not find them.
Thanks

Hello Karlb!
The new version of scripta is not ready yet, but I can ask drfranz to send you the php file and you can add these changes. The github has been delayed a bit (hopefully up in the next 7-10 days) because the guys are putting huge effort in getting gridseed units running on Raspberry Pi.

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 09:56:47 PM »
Any news on the git hub?
Thanks
... because the guys are putting huge effort in getting gridseed units running on Raspberry Pi.

Am I reading this right??? the Gridseed (red heatsink miners) may be soon supported by Scripta????  No more janky chinese version of the custom CPUminer??   :)

Offline Chirale

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 11:25:07 PM »
Any news on the git hub?
Thanks
... because the guys are putting huge effort in getting gridseed units running on Raspberry Pi.
Am I reading this right??? the Gridseed (red heatsink miners) may be soon supported by Scripta????  No more janky chinese version of the custom CPUminer??   :)
You are correct indeed! drfranz running Lightiningasic units on raspberry PI... more news will follow!
http://vimeo.com/85853611
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:52:25 PM by Chirale »

Offline poopypants

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
How is the work coming along with Scripta and raspberry pi?  I am curious how much power one gridseed usb cell is using when mining with this software?  I ask because I do not have the Wiibox controller that comes when you buy 10 gridseed units, and since I am not using that controller and have the cell plugged into my Windows PC it draws 47 watts when only mining scrypt.  The unit should only draw 7 watts when only mining scrypt but apparently I am told that the CPUminer program turns on the SHA-256 cores and keeps them ideal even when not mining Bitcoin.  I am disappointed with the unit so far and would love to hear how you guys are progressing with the program.  I would love to get my hands on the software if it works with the gridseed chips.  Thanks for the hard work and let me know.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:04:28 PM by poopypants »

Offline Chirale

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »
How is the work coming along with Scripta and raspberry pi?  I am curious how much power one gridseed usb cell is using when mining with this software?  I ask because I do not have the Wiibox controller that comes when you buy 10 gridseed units, and since I am not using that controller and have the cell plugged into my Windows PC it draws 47 watts when only mining scrypt.  The unit should only draw 7 watts when only mining scrypt but apparently I am told that the CPUminer program turns on the SHA-256 cores and keeps them ideal even when not mining Bitcoin.  I am disappointed with the unit so far and would love to hear how you guys are progressing with the program.  I would love to get my hands on the software if it works with the gridseed chips.  Thanks for the hard work and let me know.
Hello! drfranz is working on it and it should be ready in the next couple of weeks. Over the w/e we will hopefully upload the github.  tnx

Offline Tathata

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 02:33:56 AM »
1st post.... hope I can get an answer, do you think this will work with the ASIC usb miners coming out? Maby already tested by some and you know?

Really just want to run the miner off my router and as small as possible with rasp/usb hub is the way to go small set and forget without leaving a high watt PC on 24/7.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:45:20 AM by Tathata »