Author Topic: SCRIPTA - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi  (Read 227267 times)

Offline Chirale

Re: Scripta - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
Bookmarked!
Tnx!
Good luck with your Scriptor8x order and happy mining!

Offline Chirale

Re: Scripta - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 02:50:32 PM »
Thanks for the distro, it looks nice!
I can't seem to SSH to the system, and I didn't really try to install a keyboard and screen over it. Any chances you will enable SSHD on a future release?

To access Scripta via SSH:
Used ID: root
PW: scripta
Port: 7722

Have fun!

P.S. we advice to change the root password with passwd from a system console.

Offline hover_skills

Re: SCRIPTA - Litecoin mining distribution for Raspberry Pi
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »
where do i download this? can i use it with my  gpu farm...

Offline Chirale

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »
Hover_skills,
You can download it on my first post. This is Debian distro for raspberry Pi able to run/manage the FPGA boards available on ltcgear.com
Good luck with your farm!

Offline drfranz

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 12:56:55 AM »
---=== Scripta Windows Installation Instructions ===---

Hi guys,
someone asked me for instructions on how to write scripta image on a sd card in a windows environment.

So here are the Windows instructions on how to install Scripta on Raspberry PI Model B + ScriptorX8 boards

- Download scripta image here
- Use 7Zip to gunzip and untar it
- Connect you SD card (at least 4 GB SD card is needed)
- Locate the name of the sd card device. Be careful to locate your SD card propely or you may accidentally erase important data
- Download Win32DiskImager
- Run Win32DiskImager, select the extracted image as Image File and the sd card device as Device
- Click on "Write"
- Check the progress bar   
- When "Done" appear on the status bar the process is over and your scripta image should be on the SD

Please refer to this post for further instructions on how to connect and run your scriptor boards.

drfranz

Offline Totscha

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 01:13:08 PM »
drfranz:

Thanks for this, was just about to ask how to do this :)

Offline PMB

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
Hi,

first of all thanks for a great release!

Second: Can we apt-get update / upgrade it?

regards,

P.

Offline drfranz

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
Hi,

first of all thanks for a great release!

Happy to do something useful for litecoin community

Second: Can we apt-get update / upgrade it?

Sure! Since scripta is debian-based all you need is to

1) log in as root (default pw is "scripta")
2) apt-get update
3) apt-get upgrade

please be careful because some config files where manually modified and during the upgrade apt-get will ask you if you want to install a new default file or you prefer to keep the old one. You need to keep the old file (answer 'N' to the question) which is also the default action for apt-get.

drfranz

Offline KarlB

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 02:59:42 AM »
I really like this, great work here. The stats and graphs look pretty good and the fact that I can log into it remotely if I forward the port on my router is really useful.

It's good that I can add a long list of pools, but it looks like it only switches pools if one is down.
I mostly mine on multipool, but I'm always checking the profitability of coins not listed on multipool and I switch frequently.
I'd like the option to be able to switch the current pool manually.
Even if I delete the pool, and add a different one and then use the reset miner option it still seems to carry on mining at the original pool.
The only way I've found to apply the change is to restart the pi, but I'd like to be able to do this remotely.

I'm a programmer and I would have a go at implementing this myself, but I don't seem to be able to find where the source files are to edit.
Do you have this on git hub yet? If not then just let me know where I should look on the SD card to find the appropriate files to edit.
Any work I do will of course be released to the community.

Thanks

Offline drfranz

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 03:38:30 PM »
I really like this, great work here. The stats and graphs look pretty good and the fact that I can log into it remotely if I forward the port on my router is really useful.

It's good that I can add a long list of pools, but it looks like it only switches pools if one is down.
I mostly mine on multipool, but I'm always checking the profitability of coins not listed on multipool and I switch frequently.
I'd like the option to be able to switch the current pool manually.
Even if I delete the pool, and add a different one and then use the reset miner option it still seems to carry on mining at the original pool.
The only way I've found to apply the change is to restart the pi, but I'd like to be able to do this remotely.

I'm a programmer and I would have a go at implementing this myself, but I don't seem to be able to find where the source files are to edit.
Do you have this on git hub yet? If not then just let me know where I should look on the SD card to find the appropriate files to edit.
Any work I do will of course be released to the community.

Thanks

Hi KarlB,
the feature you are talking about is indeed a nice feature to have integrated into scripta.
I'm planning to open a github account during this weekend and then I'll be happy to plan with you the enhancements. If, in the meanwhile, you want to start to play with the code and you need some help, just PM me.

drfranz

Offline LetUsLook

• Litecoin Association Member
    • LetUsLook
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 09:12:22 PM »
Got it running on my raspberry pi!

Looking really nice, and works like a dream :) I hope you put it on github so everyone can help you create the bests raspberry pi miner :D

~ Luc

Offline Chirale

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »
Got it running on my raspberry pi!
Looking really nice, and works like a dream :) I hope you put it on github so everyone can help you create the bests raspberry pi miner :D
~ Luc

Well done! Glad that is running smoothly. It would be great to get more people working on Scripta.
Please feel free to propose new ideas or features! Drfranz is working on the github.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:13:25 AM by Chirale »

Offline worldlybedouin

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »
Hover_skills,
You can download it on my first post. This is Debian distro for raspberry Pi able to run/manage the FPGA boards available on ltcgear.com

Please forgive my ignorance, but I've got a new 1M5 unit coming from the good folks at LTCGear.com...so does Scripta work for the new 1M5 units as well?  If so I'm hooked and can't wait till it arrives!

Offline Chirale

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »
Hover_skills,
Please forgive my ignorance, but I've got a new 1M5 unit coming from the good folks at LTCGear.com...so does Scripta work for the new 1M5 units as well?  If so I'm hooked and can't wait till it arrives!
Scripta works with all ltcgear products and probably also with the 1.5 MH/s units, but I believe that beekeeper is shipping units that are already configured and ready to mine with a different software. Bye

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 12:46:17 AM »
Can you add a power off button in GUI interface, and a reboot one? I could not find it. I recompiled today cgminer for your distribution and I was looking for power off button in GUI interface, I could not find it.
If manage to add those, please send me modified php files to add at my working distribution, please.. :D