Author Topic: UK LTC Watch Thread  (Read 5770 times)

Offline AT101ET

UK LTC Watch Thread
« on: November 26, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
Decided to begin a thread watch for LTC users in the UK.
There's been a lot of talk about when LTC would hit $10.
Today, it has risen above the £10 mark!!!  :) :) :)
I'm only sad that I didn't buy more when they were cheaper.
Anyway, any chance they'd rise to £15 per LTC in the next week?

What do you think?

--------------------
P.S I use www.litecointicker.co.uk to check on prices.

Offline BitcoinFridge

• LA Development Team
Re: UK LTC Watch Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
Anything is possible,  ;D keep in mind the price of crypto's tend to advance in a parabolic fashion followed by a correction before gaining momentum and rising again.

It's exciting when prices head up vertically but its also character building during the times between the big up swings.

Recall how many people likely cashed out at a loss when Bitcoin dropped from $30 down to $2.

Future price ............. You could dismiss me as overly bullish, but by the end of 2014 I see Bitcoin valued at £5000 and a litecoin weighing in at £500+ simply because Bitcoin and Litecoin's market cap needs to increase enormously to allow the big hitters to even enter the market, when they do even those quoted prices could look small .

Offline AT101ET

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:49:41 PM »
WOW!
LTC is going crazy.
It's hit £12.47... EDIT, now £12.56 (all time GBP high)
Thread will be updated.

Offline AT101ET

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »
Looks like the £15 mark was reached easily. (£20.67 HIGH)
What are the reasons for the huge price jump?
And please don't just reply:
china.

:)

Offline ltcguyuk

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 11:37:27 PM »
$30 today!
Where do you buy coins in UK?

Offline Cueboy147

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »
Have been using litecoinlocal.org and bitbargain.co.uk.

Offline AT101ET

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 10:38:19 AM »
$30 today!
Where do you buy coins in UK?

I bought all my coins using litecoinlocal.
I started when everyone selling had 0 feedback, but bought all my LTC from one member that was honest and a pleasure to deal with :)

Offline bassrock

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 11:34:06 AM »
It's up at £31 at the moment. I bought at £10, and I'm wishing I'd spent a bit more.

Offline domjgreen

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 11:40:32 AM »
Good to see some other uk people here, I bought all my ltc from bitbargain.
You have to take a markup but its quick and pretty secure. Ive been looking out for what is the best method for withdrawal in the uk, and I think depositing ltc to kraken and then withdrawing in euros seems to be the best rate. Does any one know any better ?

Im not planning to withdraw for a long while but its good to know the best option in the uk

Dom

Offline bassrock

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 12:34:52 PM »
I think what I'm going to do is, when and if the price drops a bit lower, buy a bundle of litecoins and use them purely to sell to other people on litecoinlocal. Then I'll have some reputation points so that when I want to cash out I should be able to find buyers.

Alternatively, as you said go through another site. I'm currently pending approval on bitstamp so that could be an option.

Offline AT101ET

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 12:42:10 PM »
As you guys said, it's great to have others in the UK.
I guess we're all in the same boat. We should have bought more when prices were lower.
However, there was no certainty that this would happen then.
And in a years time when LTC may reach £500 (being very optimistic), then we're all going to say. I should have bought more when they were at £30/LTC.
Its a risk... One I'm considering  ;D

Offline silverzx

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »
Another UK member here! Somerset to be specific!

I can't believe how fast they're shooting up, wheres the best place to buy LiteCoins within the UK? BitBargain?

Also are they still minable with GPU's (I have a ATI 7850 2GB card) or have they moved onto other expensive equipment yet?

Offline nwbitcoin

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »
I'm in the UK, and have been very impressed by the rise in Litecoin over the past few weeks.

I would guess its reached its peak for now, or maybe just stopping for a breather! It reminds me so much of the way Bitcoin went mad earlier in the year.

However, the important element is how its linked to Bitcoin. The mathematical price of Litecoin should be 25% of the Bitcoin price, although that would only be true if it was also as widely available - which certainly isn't the case at the moment. We are going to see a lot of peaks and busts over the next year or so!

I've been selling on Litecoinlocal (Geek) which isn't brilliant, but is as good a way to get your sterling into Litecoins as exists - and it will only get better! ;-)

Offline davmp

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 04:45:23 AM »
Unfortunately, BitBargain doesn't list this until you register and try to become a seller but they REQUIRE photo id, utility bill, and custom photo verification AND they will only accept UK/EU photo ids. 

So anyone like me, a US-expat living in the UK, is out of luck and can never use this site.

EDIT (a long time later): After multiple back and forth emails, BitBargain is willing to accept a UK Work Visa as id, so as long as you have one of the newer bio-card work visas you should be ok.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 06:57:58 AM by davmp »

Offline PeriPeri

• What goes up, etc.
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
Also, Bitbargain don't let you become a seller if you have a nationwide  bank account... Which is a bit of a hassle because I don't really want to change it.