Author Topic: Flower Technology - The World's Premier Scrypt ASIC Miner  (Read 463505 times)

Offline kinitex

• Coin Police
Re: Flower Technology - The World's Premier LiteCoin ASIC
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 08:43:38 AM »
If you need any testers, or any help in general, hit me up. I'm not too far from you either being in Burlington ;)

Offline Totscha

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »
It's nice to hear of another scrypt ASIC startup. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

But in all fairness, you're not the first. These guys have been working on it for a while now: http://alpha-t.net/news/

They also predict shipping in mid 2014. So it will be fun watching who ships first :)

Offline Chirale

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
Definitely interested...and watching!

overed

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »
More FPGA = More ASIc = More ppl = Higher market cap = Sky rocketing price = Maybe new Hawaii home  ;D

Offline zoob

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »
Colour me interested, relatively local too.
I am willing to make a trip out to see these devices when prototypes are ready :)

Offline Brock

• Scammer
    • LiteCoin ASICs
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 05:29:49 PM »
Haha I appreciate all the home spirit!

Unfortunately we will be working with a company based in the UK for manufacturing, but as soon as a prototype has been made you can sure as hell bet we'll ship it to North America to test it!  And of course we'll invite everyone over to see :)

overed

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 08:40:07 PM »
Haha I appreciate all the home spirit!

Unfortunately we will be working with a company based in the UK for manufacturing, but as soon as a prototype has been made you can sure as hell bet we'll ship it to North America to test it!  And of course we'll invite everyone over to see :)

Nice, come to Switzerland, the heart of EU to attract EU customers :)

Offline aqrulesms

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 09:46:34 PM »
Personally, I don't believe that Litecoin is expansive enough to have any significant interest in terms of people buying into ASIC for the time being. ASIC miners for scrypt would be more expensive to manufacture and possibly the R&D will also be higher. It's hard to justify buying ASIC for mining at this point.

Offline Brock

• Scammer
    • LiteCoin ASICs
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 02:46:22 AM »
Personally, I don't believe that Litecoin is expansive enough to have any significant interest in terms of people buying into ASIC for the time being. ASIC miners for scrypt would be more expensive to manufacture and possibly the R&D will also be higher. It's hard to justify buying ASIC for mining at this point.

Well we have to start sometime!  Being ahead of the game just means whoever gets their ASIC first gets incredible profit, as nobody else will have the same efficiency or mining power at their fingertips.  You may not be ready, but a market cap of $481,442,042 says otherwise.

Offline JTR

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 08:14:06 AM »
LTC ASICs wont be such a gamechanger like ASICs for BTC. They will do about the same Hashrate like a gpu for less power. So lets see how expensive they are?
If I look at the Scripter Solo I have my doubts...

Offline Totscha

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 08:36:25 AM »
Litecoin is actually much better for a professional miner. Why you ask?

Well the R&D cost for a [ltc] ASIC are about the same as for BTC. The production cost is higher beacause fast RAM is expensive.

So an [ltc] ASIC will not be much faster than a high end AMD GPU ($ per kHs), but it will consume much less power. Because let's face it GPUs are pretty awesome at hashing, they're just not optimized for it. This means the difficulty will not skyrocket like it did with BTC. To increase the difficulty by a factor of 10, you need to add 1 million 7950 GPUs of hash power. Don't know about AMDs production capabilities, but a startup ASIC manufacturer will not get this kind of production capabilities anytime soon.

So when we get our [ltc] ASICs and if prices don't drop drasticaly, we can mine profitably for a couple of years. The next gen of ASICs will not be much faster, maybe 20-30% better, not 1000% like in BTC. So they won't make first gen obsolete, just less profitable. Also the first one to get the new tech will not make a fortune in the first month, they'll just make ROI 20-30% faster.

That's why an [ltc] ASIC is a much 'safer' investment IMHO.

Offline Grinny

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »
watching

Offline GnomeX

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »
watching

Likewise.

Where in Canada?  I would be interested in seeing this in person when the time is right.

Offline Brock

• Scammer
    • LiteCoin ASICs
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »
I've updated our website and main post with some new info!

We had a press release scheduled for today, but I feel we will be better off letting the public know what we are up to in a few weeks when we can give better info.  It's all up in the air for now!

What we will clarify:

-will we sell our units, or just mine on them ourselves, or offer mining contracts?
-what size units will we make? (5 megahashes or 50 megahashes)

Let me know what you would like to see from us as a company.  Do you want expensive super-hashing beasts or cheaper more efficient chips?