Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to mine LiteCoins from scratch! Both cgminer and GUIminer version  (Read 314446 times)

Offline the midnighter

Did you install the APP SDK 2.8? I was having the same problem and I fixed it by uninstalling the drivers following this guide: http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/4/4/guide-how-to-completely-uninstall-amd-graphics-drivers.aspx?pageid=1 
then I re installed drivers and sdk. Everything work after that, give it a try.You also have to install the drivers before the sdk.

Yes, I did install the drivers. This is a fresh install of Windows. I found the line that GUIMiner Alpha is using to launch cgminer in the background, so I ran the same line in a console to see what happened..

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\Michael>"C:\Users\Desktop\Miners\cgminer\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -u myuser.1 -p password1 -o stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3334 --gpu -platform 0 -d 1 -w 256 -v 1 -I 18 -g 1 -l 1 -T  --thread-concurrency 6144
 [2013-12-16 00:06:47] Started cgminer 3.5.0
 [2013-12-16 00:06:47] Probing for an alive pool
 [2013-12-16 00:06:48] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 196

and then cgminer.exe crashes..

I've gone ahead and downloaded cgminer as per the second part of this tutorial, I'm having the same problem with both  versions 3.5 and 3.5.1 (I tried 3.5.1 just for shits and giggles..)

Seriously what the hell am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:25:52 AM by the midnighter »

Offline the midnighter

I've been cutting pieces out of the command line that GUIMiner Alpha sends, and I have it working by reducing the command sent
"C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Miners\cgminer\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -u myuser.1 -p mypassword1 o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:80 --gpu-platform 0 -d 1 -w 256 -v 1 -I 18 -g 1 -l 1 -T  --thread-concurrency 6144

to:

C:\Users\Michael>"C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Miners\cgminer\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -u myuser.1 -p mypassword1 o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3333 -l 18

and it works, what the hell?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:41:49 AM by the midnighter »

Offline Galvin

I used cudaminer since I couldn't get cgminer to work.  After 10 hours, I only mined 0.04%.  At this rate it would take over 200 days to mine one litecoin.  Not worth it, am I doing something wrong?

Hash rate is around 334.

Using windows 8.1, gtx titan.

Ok found at this is actually accurate.  So this isn't possible without buying new hardware.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:44:42 AM by Galvin »

Offline jtechguy21

I am currently running catalyst 13.9 will i have any issues lite coin mining??
Why is everyone using 13.1? 

I have a sapphire 7950 oc'ed to 1200mhz/1500mhz
What would be an ideal hash rate for me?

thanks

Offline thearahant

For the Step 3 with the AMD catalyst, this is only important when using AMD products correct?

I have Nvidia GTX 670 graphics and Intel CPU

Offline JRN

Hey all,

Just a quick question. I'm mining with an Ati Radeon HD6950 with shaders unlocked. But my temps are like 85C when mining at 428 KH/s. Is it therefore possible to set my GPU at 75%? Then I mine a little less fast but my temps are normal. I'm using GUIminer-scrypt-alpha.

Offline JKLtCn

Help please.

When I run .bat file

timeout /t 10
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -I 15 --thread-concurrency 8192 -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u JKLtCn.1 -p 123
PAUSE

I get a response that 'cgminer is not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Does this mean that my driver are not working. Using Catalyst 13.11 in Windows 7

Thanks

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
first of all; please chrck which version of cgminer you using! also you dont mine in our pool! are you sure you using correct ports? please use the quide step by step and report back ) please try our forums( weminecryptos.com ) for support!! we have a huge db of ppl which will help you out with any issue you may have!

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
fixed broken link for catalyst driver!

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
fixed some broken links!

Offline supernovae

I tried downloading & Installing the guiminer referenced in this link and it is infected with the Artemis! trojan (The guiminer binary in the zip file) - i tried registering in bitcoins website to notify the author but i can't post yet.  Just a heads up.

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
I tried downloading & Installing the guiminer referenced in this link and it is infected with the Artemis! trojan (The guiminer binary in the zip file) - i tried registering in bitcoins website to notify the author but i can't post yet.  Just a heads up.

Which A/V you using? Im more than certain that its false positive, since lot of A/Vs treat mining apps like trojans nowadays. Also given the fact that its pointed in their official topic(our GUI link) its highly unlikely they would infect that!!

Bottom line you can ignore the false virus infection :)

Offline Rajneesh

Hello there :) Thanks very much it was very helpful. Still I didn't get some things:

1) My GPU is an ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68B8)
Internal DAC (400Mhz)
Total memory 2740

Which GPU defaults shuld I put on GUIMiner? Is 5750, the lowest I found, correct?

2) I tryed starting mining with that speed with the server name you suggested ( global.wemineltc.com) and with some others I found on the "New User info" but I couldn't make it work.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thankyou!

Offline KIBLA`s

Hi all,
first of all I would like to thank WeMineLTC for this great guide.
Did not run at first , but I manage do setup and start it.

I have one question, can I do better than numbers in image,

?

Command line is;

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://freedom.wemineltc.com:3334 -u KIBLAs.x64 -p xxx -I 19,19,19 --shaders 1280,1600,1600 .

GPUs: 7870 +  5970 overall 3 GPU devices
Drivers: 12.8
SDK: 2.6
CPU: Intel C2D 6420
System RAM: 4GB

Also I have many HW errors, I`m digging for about 12 hours and HW is 9005
How to fix this?

EDIT:
I manage to fix this, I removed --shaders 1280,1600,1600 from command line, and lower intesity for 7870 to 17, and there is no HW errors anymore.
Now I have 266 Kh/s for 7870, and 341 Kh/s for 5970, is this OK?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:53:14 AM by KIBLA`s »

Offline KIBLA`s

I forgot to add, the cards operate on default values,
but when I oc, 7870 1150/1350 nothing happens, ks/s are the same ~ 270,
but when I oc 5970 850/1200 kh/s jump form ~ 340 to ~ 400.

I fish to make my performance better, form post above, withoute OC, at least not for now:D.