Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to mine LiteCoins from scratch! Both cgminer and GUIminer version  (Read 328354 times)

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
I think you have put an extra space( ) after the -w 256 command!

Offline Grannd

Hardly think that should make a difference, but I changed it and I get the exact same result.

Offline uaedroid

Is this command OK for Gigabyte R9-280X:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 -u uaedroid.1 -p 1234 --thread-concurrency 8192
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:11:12 PM by uaedroid »

Offline Dejotaa

• Tip for coffee: LefB3PaRRE8UAjMN5w3HvERnqFPEbVqWip
How I can mine with a NVIDIA graphic card?

Offline killjoykc

Gigabyte R9 280X - 660 kH/s reliably Is anyone getting higher (stable) hash rates with these cards?
Code: [Select]
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"hotplug" : "0",
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "950",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250",
"intensity" : "13",
"worksize" : "256",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192"

MSI R9 280X - 710 kH/s reliably
Code: [Select]

"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"hotplug" : "0",
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1020",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-powertune" : "-20",
"gpu-vddc" : "1.150",
"intensity" : "13",
"worksize" : "256",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192"

Offline Twentytwo

So I have two  Gigabyte 270X installed in my computer. Under "Device" in GUIMiner I have two listings, [0-0]Pitcairn and [0-1]Pitcairn. So it seems only one of my cards is mining. How do I enable it so that both are getting usage? Thanks!

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
How I can mine with a NVIDIA graphic card?

You need CUDA miner for nVidia cards!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

Offline iluvpie60

What am I doing wrong here? I can never get any LTC/FTC miners to actually mine. I had a BTC miner going but it was only gonna give me 7 cents per day rofl....

Anyways. I followed everything in the directions from this and downloaded everything I needed and I did everything. Still never connects.

HD Radeon 6870 with latest drivers and everything.

It makes no sense how I can never run these things. Either something in the directions needs to be more elaborated on or im a complete idiot.

Do I actually need to run the batch file to get this going? When I run the batch file it opens and closes within half a second and does nothing. I was trying to mine with another miner and maybe I have to delete all of the other miners from my system first?(even though they are stored in completely seperate folders.... i have no idea.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:50:56 AM by iluvpie60 »

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
yes, you do something wrong :)

You see host? You have put stratum.wemineltc.com . Do you see anywhere this server here??  https://www.wemineltc.com/gettingstarted

Atm i see this

Statum Servers:
World-Wide Server (VARDIFF 16-600): stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334
World-Wide Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:80
New Asia (Hong Kong) Server: stratum+tcp://hk.wemineltc.com:3333
Private High Hasher Server (Over 10MH) - Contact Us Via Support Ticket in Forums or Via Site Chat!
Bookmark Backup Site Link: http://www2.wemineltc.com
More Servers: Coming Soon

So pick one, lets say   World-Wide Server (VARDIFF 16-600): stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334

Which means you will have to put, as the guide says, world.wemineltc.com in host  and 3334 in port.

Try now :)

Offline iluvpie60

yes, you do something wrong :)

You see host? You have put stratum.wemineltc.com . Do you see anywhere this server here??  https://www.wemineltc.com/gettingstarted

Atm i see this

Statum Servers:
World-Wide Server (VARDIFF 16-600): stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334
World-Wide Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:80
New Asia (Hong Kong) Server: stratum+tcp://hk.wemineltc.com:3333
Private High Hasher Server (Over 10MH) - Contact Us Via Support Ticket in Forums or Via Site Chat!
Bookmark Backup Site Link: http://www2.wemineltc.com
More Servers: Coming Soon

So pick one, lets say   World-Wide Server (VARDIFF 16-600): stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334

Which means you will have to put, as the guide says, world.wemineltc.com in host  and 3334 in port.

Try now :)

This still will not connect. It will use my processors and it has run for 45 minutes without getting any shares and always says "connection problems"

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:34:44 AM by iluvpie60 »

Offline ConfusedChris

Maybe you entered the wrong password? It should be the (probably) simple one you entered at My Account/My Workers.
 :)

Offline RaylonS

Newbie questions

Does this process work on Windows XP? I can only find the AMD Drivers for Win7 forward.

Also, if I have an NVidia card is it still proper to set up those AMD Drivers etc? Doesn't make sense to my normal brain to be installing drivers for hardware I do not have.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Offline iluvpie60

Maybe you entered the wrong password? It should be the (probably) simple one you entered at My Account/My Workers.
 :)I actually used the same exact password for my worker that I used to create my account on the site. It is infact the correct password.

Do I have to port forward something in my router?

Offline uaedroid

If I will mine on two 280X using cgminer, do I have to run two .bat files for each GPU or one .bat file for the two GPUs?

Offline Friction

If you have a nVidia card do you still download AMD Catalyst 13.1 Software Suite and AMD APP SDK? I wouldn't think so, but I just want to check first.