Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to mine LiteCoins from scratch! Both cgminer and GUIminer version  (Read 314445 times)

Offline Mr. Friendly

I'm doing something wrong, and I don't know what. I've followed the instructions for GUI miner...it just stalls and then exits.

I tried it with cgminer, cmd window flashes up and immediately closes.

I'm really getting frustrated with this.   >:(

Offline conciencia despertá

someone can I please say to undermine settings with guiminer?.
I already registered on wemineltc.com and create the worker.
host, port, etc?
I have to put mine with guiminer, newbies, thank you very much...

alguien me puede por favor, decir la configuracion para minar con guiminer?.
ya me registre en wemineltc.com y cree el trabajador.
host, puerto, etc ?
tengo que poner para minar con guiminer, nobato, muchas gracias...

Offline ReDeYeS

Please, do not be angry at me. I have tried to find  around the forum with no Answer.   I AM A NEWBIE PLEASE UNDERSTAND. I NEED HELP

I have a Laptop HP 2000 AMD with GRAPHIC CHIPSET (INBUILT) AMD RADEON HD 6310 GRAPHICS
Processor is AMD E-300 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.30 GHz
Installed Memory RAM 4.00GB
WINDOWS 8 , 64-BIT OS.

I have download the AMD-APP-SDK AND AMD CATALYST 13.11 AND THE GUIMiner-scrypt alpha

Now I opened it, put in
Host: stratum2.wemineltc.com
Host: 3334
DEVICE( I HAVE TWO) [0-0] loveland and [0-1] AMD E-300 APU with Radeon (i have tried both, non is mining)
I put in my username and password as suppose.

Then i have tried all the GPU default and also tried it without any of them.

PROBLEM: IT KEEPS SAYING CONNECTING.....

IT IS NOT CONNECTING AND NOT MINING OBVIOUSLY.

I NEED ASSISTANCE!!!

QUESTIONS:
1: Can i mine with this laptop?
2: If yes, am i missing or getting the set up wrong?
3: If no, what and what do i go and get immediately to start Mining LTC
4: Can i use a GPU card on a laptop (so 1 can go buy)?

I promise to compensate LTC wise when i start mining to anyone who assists me.

If need be, i will give you team viewer, to help me with the settings.

Thank you and Go bless.

Mike

ERROE

2013-11-30 16:43:16: Running command: "C:\Users\Mokolo\Desktop\GUI-LTC-MINER\cgminer\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -u coolandnice.1 -p solotime -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 --gpu-platform 0 -d 0 -w 256 -v 1 -I 20 -g 1 -l 1 -T  --thread-concurrency 12404
2013-11-30 16:43:16: Listener for "Default" started
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:16] Started cgminer 3.1.0
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:17] Probing for an alive pool
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:18] Maximum buffer memory device 0 supports says 234881024
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:18] Your scrypt settings come to 812908544
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:18] Error -61: clCreateBuffer (padbuffer8), decrease TC or increase LG
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:18] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:18] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:18] Try restarting cgminer.
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": [2013-11-30 16:43:18] Network diff set to 114M
2013-11-30 16:43:20: Listener for "Default": (1s):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  U:0.0/m  WU:0.0/m

Offline Rampage

I have downloaded and followed all the instructions, but when i double click "guiminer.exe" nothing happens. So I am kinda stuck.
Anyone have a suggestion?

Offline ConfusedChris

I'm doing something wrong, and I don't know what. I've followed the instructions for GUI miner...it just stalls and then exits.

I'm really getting frustrated with this.   >:(
Same issue here. Is it because I am trying to dig with a plastic spoon? (Radeon HD 3450)
Is it worth trying cgminer with my i7-2600k? What would be the settings?
Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline Barbarconan

For those having problems starting cgminer;
I tried numerous times to start it, clean installs, reinstalling drivers, etc...
come up with the solution, installed amd 13.11 beta drivers and amd sdk
used cgminer 3.5.0 version,
at first I only configured a .bat file with user name and password along with pool information
executed it and gave me windows error and shutdown
at this step you should see a .bin file created, don't delete it and try again
you may find yourself trying 3-4 times more and than it works perfectly! I don't remember where I saw this but the errors we get is because optimization that cgminer tries to do. After 3-4 tries it becomes stable.
after you successfully start it, you can try settings for your graphics card in .bat file

Offline prensel

Same problems here.
Installed fresh Windows 7 Pro, installed R9 290, followed this guide to the letter but after hitting Start it keeps wating with 'Starting' and finally it says 'No servers could be used! Exiting'

Any help ?

Offline kinitex

• Coin Police
Sounds like you're entering the wrong details to connect to your pool. Check you have the right pool address, and port. Most don't like adding the http://

Offline ted091020

I am having trouble getting the GUIMiner to work. I have followed the tutorial, downloaded the drivers, made an account on wemineltc.com, downloaded the GUIMiner-scrypt alpha and entered the following parameters. I keep getting the result "No servers could be used! Exiting.

I have played around with a few different settings and a few different Hosts, but I get the same result every time.
My GPU is actually an AMD 5770, but in this picture it is set to 5750 just because I was trying different settings.

If anyone can see what is wrong here or have any ideas what it might be, your advice would be much appreciated.

Offline Choops

Hi Folks,

Followed the tutorial as best I could, added my miner etc. (using GUI-Miner scrypt)

However whenever i start, i get a crash with the following. GUI Miner doesnt crash however.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   cgminer.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   517d4469
  Fault Module Name:   cgminer.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   517d4469
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   000266be
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   2057
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Offline IEcansuckit

I am having trouble getting the GUIMiner to work. I have followed the tutorial, downloaded the drivers, made an account on wemineltc.com, downloaded the GUIMiner-scrypt alpha and entered the following parameters. I keep getting the result "No servers could be used! Exiting.

I have played around with a few different settings and a few different Hosts, but I get the same result every time.
My GPU is actually an AMD 5770, but in this picture it is set to 5750 just because I was trying different settings.

If anyone can see what is wrong here or have any ideas what it might be, your advice would be much appreciated.

I have the same card an settings as you but I noticed you need to set the host as:

stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com

but it's not working for me anyways. Try switching your host to that and see if it works.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:07:32 AM by IEcansuckit »

Offline ted091020

I have the same card an settings as you but I noticed you need to set the host as:

stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com

but it's not working for me anyways. Try switching your host to that and see if it works.

I was actually doing that at first and was getting the same results. But then I re-read the tutorial where it said this:

"Locate guiminer.exe and run it. GUIminer will run, and will give you some fields to complete. In host, we put the server we chose WITHOUT HTTPS or tcp://  or port. So we will put global.wemineltc.com
in Port we will put 3334, in username field we put our workers name(in our example, Tutorial.1) and the password we created for it( in our case, 1234). We make sure that the stratum box is ALWAYS on
YES and we can select from some pre-defined settings for our GPUs! In our case, our miner has 2x GigaByte 7950 cards, so we selected that one, and it fills all the other fields like thread
concurrency,worksize, vectors etc automatically."

So I have tried it with and without the tcp:// and both ways give me the same error.

Offline Grannd

I've followed this guide but I'm also having problems, the GUIminer hangs on "starting" like this:

I've already tried deleting all my AMD drivers and installing them again together with the SDK and rebooting in between, don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
To all those people who have issue with the GUIminer, could you please try the CGMiner guide since it provides better debugging? And paste a screenshot of the cgminer after you run it !
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:21:13 PM by WeMineLTC »

Offline Grannd

No succes, the CGMiner screen just disappears, so I added a pause at the end of the code, but it doesn't show any errors at all