Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to mine LiteCoins from scratch! Both cgminer and GUIminer version  (Read 330739 times)

Offline afedelejr

Just a quick question. When running the GUIMiner, only my CPU's are showing up. The graphics card is not showing up. I have a ATI Radeon HD 5700.

The options for the device are as follows:
[0-0] Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-3570
[1-0] Juniper     <--- I have on idea what device this is
[1-1] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570

Any ideas?

Offline newuser11

I got it to work somehow.  I wrote a start.bat file from scratch(referring to scrypt-readme.txt from cgminers folder).  I didn't put any options after username and password and it magically started working all of a sudden.  I slowly added other options and ran it for like half an hour at +400kH/s.  I tried playing around with more settings and deleted a .bin file cgminer generates.  fml, it is not working after that.  I've no idea wtf is wrong here.  irritating ****. 
anyways, thanks for all your help.

Hello,

i got exactly the same problem and same card, please can you post your start.bat file content.

Thank you.

Offline user112233

Hello,

i got exactly the same problem and same card, please can you post your start.bat file content.

Thank you.

Hey, I think I figured it out.  Try this. 
Make a new .bat file and just put first 2 lines in it
Code: [Select]
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
Run it once.  when its over, run your normal start.bat file with no options first.
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.wemineltc.com:3335 -u miner.1 -p 1234
if it works, it'll start mining at a very low hash rate(it sets minimum possible intensity).  But you have got it to work.  then you can start addition other options to it.  I only set the intensity, cause setting thread intensity crashes it. 
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.wemineltc.com:3335 -u Tutorial.1 -p 1234 -I 16^this is what I am running and getting +400kH/s.  but I can't increase intensity further cause my gpu is at 83C.  I don't have a custom cooling setup so I wont risk.  You can experiment with intensity and thread con but if it crashes just revert back.

If this method fails, just run your normal start.bat file, wait for like a couple of seconds and close it before it can crash.  then run again.  <-- my original method that worked lol.

Offline user112233

Just a quick question. When running the GUIMiner, only my CPU's are showing up. The graphics card is not showing up. I have a ATI Radeon HD 5700.

The options for the device are as follows:
[0-0] Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-3570
[1-0] Juniper     <--- I have on idea what device this is
[1-1] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570

Any ideas?

1-0 Juniper is your graphics card.  select it. :)

Offline ankey7

Hi,

Newbie here. I've install the GUIMiner-scrypt alpha. What is the host should i be using as i'm currently mining it from lite.coin-pool.com.

Thanks

Offline Anddos

Offline Anddos

I followed this exact tutorial and when i run the bat,it just crashes

I am using this for my .bat file

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 -u Anddos.1 -p x --thread-concurrency
24000 --lookup-gap 0 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 256 -I 13 -g 1

Here is images of my video card info

Before i tried this tutorial i was using

cgminer.exe --scrypt -I 13 -u Anddos.Worker1 -p x -o stratum+tcp://lite.coin-pool.com:3333

and this was working fine and getting 275KH on the cgminer display

Thanks if you can help
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:03:14 PM by Anddos »

Offline Anddos

Update now i am using catalyst 12.8 Drivers and there is no crashing,what i want to know now is why do i get alot of HW: errors with

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 -u Anddos.1 -p x --thread-concurrency 24000 --lookup-gap 0 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 256 -I 13 -g 1

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
You are using wrong settings! the settings yuo use is for the 7950 GPU, while yours is 78xx (i dont knwo which model you have!). That is why you get h/w errors! Chekc the ideal settings for your card!

Offline Anddos

I am using this now

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 -u Anddos.1 -p x --thread-concurrency 8000 --lookup-gap 0 --gpu-engine 860 --gpu-memclock 1200 --gpu-powertune 20 -w 256 -I 13 -g 1

I am getting a steady 275kh

I used https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117221.0
to figure out the amount of threads i needed

Offline WeMineLTC

• Donator
    • WeMineLTC
perfect! Welcome aboard!

Offline SirJaxxy

Is anyone mining Litecoins on Windows 8? Seems cgminer v3.5.0 crashes on Windows 8 and the latest version v3.8.3 dose not mine Litecoins as it will not allow the --scrypt parameter. If any of you know how to mine litcoins on Windows 8 please let me know.

Offline calcrc

Hello, I just got started with litecoin. I have followed the tutorial guiminer scrypt alpha says ( Unexpected extra commandline arguments )  Strating.

Is it normal ? I have a HD5700 series graphic card. Did I do something wrong ? Any help would be apreciated. Thank you

And now I get ( No servers could be used ! Exiting )  Are there any other host address's also.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:05:45 AM by calcrc »

Offline nanoprobe

Excellent guide. Set up a 7970 on cgminer but I'm only getting about 450Kh/s. I tried a bunch of the script set ups for my card from the hardware comparison sites but can't get the hash rate higher. From the comparison site I should be getting 600+Kh/s. Any suggestions.
Win7 Pro. 3770k@ 4.2Ghz. Gigabyte GV-R7970 OC 3GB. 13.11 driver SDK 2.9 (Originally tried 13.1 driver and SDK 2.8, No difference in hash rate)
Thanks.

Offline hwezdarik

hey guys,
Great tutorial.. Have a question for you, I have 2x 7950s and so is there something else I should do in order to fully utilize both gpus for litecoin mining ?? Thanks a lot for ur responses :)