Author Topic: [Litecoininvest] Sketis.invest  (Read 22234 times)

Offline skinnkavaj

Re: [Litecoininvest] Sketis.invest
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »
So I bought shares for 2000 LTC and now the shares are worth 200 LTC. So I am like -90% on this investment and the worst part is that even if I hold now for long term hoping the shares one day could be worth 2000 LTC again, in the contract SKETIS can buy all my shares over 15% of market value in 5 months. So I am sure Ethera and the rest of the this shit company is going to screw me over again and buyback all my shares at a lower price.

I have tried to help Litecoininvest as much as I can and I chatted with the owner (Ethera) about implementing coloured coin to compete with Ciphertrade and to help with the legal issues (you could argue that you cannot shutdown coloured coins if they are issued in a decentralized way) , but Ethera did not want my help.

TLDR: Don't buy this shit. 

Offline turbooster

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 07:36:57 PM »
During regular operation BTC-TRADING-PT bounced between .1 and more than 1 BTC, too. The buyback clause is dangerous, I agree with you there skinnkavaj.
But right now it seems to me that everyone has very high hopes for CIPHERTRADE on little to no grounds: Kate misses deadline after deadline, Deprived (who stated that he considers to go to CIPHERTRADE but didn't confirm it - he would have been a good reason to trust in CIPHERTRADE) hasn't been around for quite some time now and also their prototype isn't even accessible yet.
Except for the buyback clause Sketis.Invest is the best we have right now.

Ethera you should consider doing a motion to prolong the time when buyback is impossible. Or maybe just pledge not to do it (the other founders, too of course).

Other than that communication has been very good!

Offline Ethera

• Litecoininvest - litecoin investment platform
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 11:20:29 PM »
We have no intention on taking advantage of this ltc value increase with forced buyback. We are here for a community and we are staying strong with this motion.
We are sorry skinnkavaj that you feel that we might abuse our contract rights, we have no plans on doing this. We are here for long and strong, not trying to scam anyone or make a quick buck. The ltc price increase in the unfortunate (As it might seem) time to the investors had nothing to do with it, as we cashed in for all the necessary operations before. I would like to say that it made me millions, but all I can say, we had a start and we still going strong with our project and the direction we wished and thought it will go.

As per colored coin implementation, we always saw it as a dodgy and non reliable stuff to throw our man hours towards, and I wouldn't like to post the messages here, but lets say, your "i am investor you should listen and do this or i will do this" message was not what we thought of a reliable and forward thinking partnership. It was more of a "pump and dump" coin attitude, just on another level, which was tried to be forced upon us. As we are not here for a short term "pump and dump" nor any scheme related to that, we didn't feel that we were going with that, and you got the answer about that. Please lets not go this unprofessional way. As per arguments why we were feeling like that.. Well, where are the color coins now...

We are sorry if you feel that untimely increase in ltc value suddenly made us thiefs, its not like we employ 3 witches and 2 future tellers to say when we have to release shares and the prices to put them on. We are always acting upon market at the given time only.

That being said, we are safely increasing the time of the contract "forced buyout" to at least 1 more year since given date (today is 2014, 13 of January), and since I am CEO, I doubt that I will pass the motion to go ahead with this rule ever. Once again, from the community to the community.

Neil

edit: My old archnemesis English grammar (I still feel I left some mistakes behind...)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:26:52 PM by Ethera »

Offline turbooster

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 12:48:01 AM »
We have no intention on taking advantage of this ltc value increase with forced buyback. We are here for a community and we are staying strong with this motion.
[...]
That being said, we are safely increasing the time of the contract "forced buyout" to at least 1 more year since given date (today is 2014, 13 of January), and since I am CEO, I doubt that I will pass the motion to go ahead with this rule ever. Once again, from the community to the community.

Neil

edit: My old archnemesis English grammar (I still feel I left some mistakes behind...)

Thanks a lot!

Offline Herp

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2014, 04:15:45 AM »
That's a very healthy attitude Ethera. I like it. Signals good things going forward.

Speaking of alt coins, Colored Coins lack proper backing, funding and so on. I'd say you might want to consider Mastercoin as an alternative to get the upper hand on Ciphertrade. They've decided to list PeerCoins and AnonCoins though I don't really see these two coins really having potential. Anoncoins maybe but Zerocoin is launching soon as an alt crypto and might steal the show.

So far only Mastercoin brings something to the table and has a very solid and smart team behind it. I'd say Protoshares is a 2nd place contender, but one of their main developers left team and also their business model is kinda` shaky, the way they wanna milk businesses, forcing dividend payments.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:19:08 AM by Herp »

Offline skinnkavaj

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2014, 08:43:06 AM »
We are sorry skinnkavaj that you feel that we might abuse our contract rights, we have no plans on doing this. We are here for long and strong, not trying to scam anyone or make a quick buck. The ltc price increase in the unfortunate (As it might seem) time to the investors had nothing to do with it, as we cashed in for all the necessary operations before. I would like to say that it made me millions, but all I can say, we had a start and we still going strong with our project and the direction we wished and thought it will go.

As per colored coin implementation, we always saw it as a dodgy and non reliable stuff to throw our man hours towards, and I wouldn't like to post the messages here, but lets say, your "i am investor you should listen and do this or i will do this" message was not what we thought of a reliable and forward thinking partnership. It was more of a "pump and dump" coin attitude, just on another level, which was tried to be forced upon us. As we are not here for a short term "pump and dump" nor any scheme related to that, we didn't feel that we were going with that, and you got the answer about that. Please lets not go this unprofessional way. As per arguments why we were feeling like that.. Well, where are the color coins now...

We are sorry if you feel that untimely increase in ltc value suddenly made us thiefs, its not like we employ 3 witches and 2 future tellers to say when we have to release shares and the prices to put them on. We are always acting upon market at the given time only.

Neil

Here is ChromaWallet I was talking about, out in beta:
http://chromawallet.com/
http://bitcoinx.github.io/webcoinx/

Offline Herp

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »
Can we get a status update Ethera and info about your plans?

I"m seeing a big shift recently in growth and popularity of some new coins. Might be worth considering expanding the exchange to allow stocks listed for more currencies. I wouldn't create a separate website for different currencies, like you've done with the BTC website, but consolidate it all into one, which would make that one more popular and make things easier to manage and such. Sketis sounds like good name for such exchange. This would also put you in a pretty good spot for a future migration to a decentralized exchange, which is the future, have to admit, because you'll have the companies, the customers and 1st mover advantage. So if you wanna migrate later on to a decentralized exchange you guys will have the upper hand.

Allowing some of the top 10 by market cap currencies on your exchange would open you up to lot of new cash that wants to find a home and grow Sketis. http://coinmarketcap.com Once you have these currencies in place, you can go to their forums and advertise Sketis there a bit. I'm sure many will flock like bees to honey to put those coins to work.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:28:42 PM by Herp »

Offline skinnkavaj

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 03:10:01 PM »
Herp: This is a really good idea. Please do this Ethera and you will be #1. 

Mrrr

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »
Hmmm yes yes. It seems that BTCinve* isn't really working out ATM (inhabited solely by the obv. LTC LT pt. and a scam attempt) so why not try and offer more under 1 flag. I see a lot of things happening with Invictus (Bitshares etc.), NXT and Counterparty and I can imagine interest from various 'long term' alt coins. So a flagship website that offers more than just LTC investments might be a good thing to pursue.
I like litecoininvest.com. It's relatively well designed, clean and more importantly: functional.

*Until Saint Thomas Island declares independance from the Virgin Islands. Then we'll finally have www.btcinve.st

Offline Ethera

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »
We have few ideas which we are working on, and I know that btc part was really slow, but thats more due to forums part and our slow reaction (for which I am sorry but we are still working for that front) with proposing btc co securities to list in our site. We will have bigger better and with more surprises within 2 months, we are working hard on it.

Neil

Offline Herp

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 11:41:06 PM »
We have few ideas which we are working on, and I know that btc part was really slow, but thats more due to forums part and our slow reaction (for which I am sorry but we are still working for that front) with proposing btc co securities to list in our site. We will have bigger better and with more surprises within 2 months, we are working hard on it.

Neil

Nice to hear you guys are hard at work. You seemed very hands on from the get go.

Check out this exchange.  https://crypto-trade.com/tradex/ipo Might serve as some inspiration for an exchange with more than 1 currency. They have listed securities in both btc and ltc and they also do currency trading. Their customer support is not as good as yours but idea of combining more currencies is very good, I think. People want that not dozens of accounts and I think eventually people will gravitate towards the exchange which offers most convenience and options. More currencies in 1 exchange also means more liquidity, trading volume and so on, more users etc.

Think about it. Doesn't make sense to people to have dozens of accounts on dozens of websites, an exchange for each currency. People want convenience not headaches and complications. Now more and more people own alternative cryptos. I now own like 6 or so, some own even more types. Litecoin is losing ground to some of these new comers and I think, Litecoin might be overtaken soon as doesn't stand out with any special feature. I think it's better to prepare because this future is coming and coming fast.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:45:45 PM by Herp »

Offline ragnarokdel

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2014, 10:59:29 AM »
are you going to add a motion option to the site? I dont believe it exists at the moment (Or I really need to get my eyes checked)

Offline Ethera

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2014, 11:41:29 AM »
Yes we are. As well we are preparing mega rework witch should be here within 2 months. That will be drastic fantastic.

Neil

Mrrr

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »
Yes we are. As well we are preparing mega rework witch should be here within 2 months. That will be drastic fantastic.

Neil

Make sure you whip your devs fairly though sufficiently. 2 days with 0 volume now you don't want to lose momentum. Hell, even mr. Benny himself said he'd hoped for some more enthousiasm for the BAH pt.

Offline Ethera

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »
Devs have nothing to do with it. I am proud of the devs who are working on this, as they have worked on world known projects for big companies and are I dare to say they are the best in the field.

What we have here is people waiting on ct, overvalued, right out of investors pocket money for which they get crumbs trading platform, which they hope will save them from cm fiasko (and all knights who say Ni I dare you to open cm statement on the predictions how much money you should be earning now). That with some kind of strange appeal that ct/cm leader has, which draws securities to their site (promises and bribes, which are well known and directly observed, same as with pushing some strange cryptos like anon coin, which they mined for lot but you never saw it) is the answer why people not participating more in our site.

As well we don't spend direct money on advertising while we feel we can improve our site a great deal, which we are working on now. We don't spent money received from dumping our shares on being vip supporters and stuff like that. What we do is we work hard to bring a good product, where our delivered promises (all can say something but then fail at it, its wide known fact) and steady platform speaks for itself.

Add to that the magnitude of ltc/btc  lost on previous exchanges, people are weary of where to invest and how to do it. No one wants to fell cheated or risk with hard earned cryptos. We understand that and not trying to force them or bring the dirty ways to fight the competition. As well we don't have countless zombies who were fooled by false promises, who act as ambassadors and floods the topics. And as you know the psychology of mass works against us in this matter.

All we can do is always deliver what we have promised, do it on the highest level and keep constant communication and customer service at the highest level. I think that speaks for itself most of the times.

And yes, after the rework we will go more than just staying passive, we just don't feel that not earned stability and professionalism should be rewarded upfront, or hyped alot. As long as we can see that we are staying on the course of highest level of professionalism we are happy. When we feel that the platform is ready for full hype, as we delivered what we fully can refer to as "platform which belongs in this world" then we will go for it. For now, we delivered a working stable product, which we are constantly improving and doing it with the help of community, listening, applying, improving.

As well as we are doing everything we can to be fully legal. Cannot say more at this point, but I think within 2 months you will be surprised.

Neil