Author Topic: Spinoff from my RAM based FPGA miner - 25Khs at 5W usb dongle - Scriptor Solo  (Read 1313712 times)

Offline Chirale

what do you need in order to get them running?

is everything included?

Just wondered so I have everything ready when the scriptor arrives.

Only board is provided as far as i know, you will need:
- PC or (raspberryPI)
- Power supply
- USB and Ethernet cables

Good luck!

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear

is everything included?

- PC or (raspberryPI)
- Power supply

Good luck!

Hey,
I absolute owe you for this help.

We are trying to cope with pressure, in orders,  from last development in crypto-currency world. And Litecoin is the prince. We had a bet on this (well, I believe in 50 USD per LTC.. ) and also, our customers had one.. :D
Hopefully end of the week will solve everything. For the moment we won't touch any prices. We believe that our customers need to get their money back and be on profit.

Chris

Offline jhorn70

When do you anticipate people being able to order these again?  I would be interested.

Offline Totscha

Count me in. I'm interested in 4 scriptor 8X boards for start.

Anyone received these yet, or were only light versions shiped?

beekeeper: Since you're a guy with a good reputation, we wouldn't mind if you opened preorders on these. We're both from EU so 1-2 weeks for production + slowest shipping possible and I should have them before Christmas :)

Chirale: Eagerly awaiting the description how you and drfranz set up the board. Don't want to reinvent the wheel... ;)

Offline SVK

is everything included?

- PC or (raspberryPI)
- Power supply

Good luck!

Hey,
I absolute owe you for this help.

We are trying to cope with pressure, in orders,  from last development in crypto-currency world. And Litecoin is the prince. We had a bet on this (well, I believe in 50 USD per LTC.. ) and also, our customers had one.. :D
Hopefully end of the week will solve everything. For the moment we won't touch any prices. We believe that our customers need to get their money back and be on profit.

Chris

Hi Chris,

would it be possible to pay with paypal or any other secure payment processor(debit card/credit card) ?
Or maybe collect in person with cash in hand ? :)

Just would like to know if you plan to introduce secure way to pay for your product.
Thank you very much

Offline zoob

I am in if you plan on accepting PayPal for the upcoming batch!

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
Yes, we will accept paypal.
We also replaced chips with different speed grade for availability reason. We will publish results at end of the week. Should also gain several percents speed.

Kind Regars,
Chris

Offline SVK

Yes, we will accept paypal.
We also replaced chips with different speed grade for availability reason. We will publish results at end of the week. Should also gain several percents speed.

Kind Regars,
Chris

That's good news  :)
Get them out so we can test them - money are waiting  ;D

Offline drfranz

Count me in. I'm interested in 4 scriptor 8X boards for start.

Anyone received these yet, or were only light versions shiped?

beekeeper: Since you're a guy with a good reputation, we wouldn't mind if you opened preorders on these. We're both from EU so 1-2 weeks for production + slowest shipping possible and I should have them before Christmas :)

Chirale: Eagerly awaiting the description how you and drfranz set up the board. Don't want to reinvent the wheel... ;)

Hello guys,
I helped chirale with the scryptor8x light and actually it was quite straightforward.

We spent quite a bit of time playing with the python script, but then we realised that for the sciptor8x light boards the python script is not required! The light version has boot loader 1.0 that can't be switched into boot mode by the python script.
Anyway shorting the two pins highlighted in the image does the trick.
Here is the recipe:

---=== Ingredients ===---
a) 1 or more scryptor8x light boards
b) Bootloader installer (download it here)
c) Bootloader code (ver. 1.2 download it here)
d) Win machine

---=== Procedure ===---
a) Power off the board and connect the pins highlighted in picture with a pair of tweezers or similar. A jumper from an old hard disk or motherboard is a perfect choice. VERY IMPORTANT : Make sure the pins make good contact.

b) Power on the board
c) Remove tweezers and connect USB cable
d) Execute PIC32UBL.exe
e) Enable USB by clicking on the appropriate checkbox
f) Set VID (Vendor ID) to  0x1234 and PID (Product ID) to 0x2020.
g) Click on connect
h) Click on "Load Hex File" and select cy3_8_ctrl_cr05ltcgv12_bootloader.hex (bootloader 1.2, previously downloaded)
i) Click on "Erase-Program-Verify", the process should be quite fast (5 - 10 sec.)
l) Done! The board is ready to be attached to your favourite mining platform

NOTICE: 
This is the procedure for the Scriptor8x light. The procedure for the non-light version is on http://ltcgear.com/scriptor-software

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:42:14 PM by drfranz »

Offline Totscha

drfranz: Thanks for the set-up instructions. Am I correct that the board has B type USB port?

I'm also interested what is the recomended way to compile the moded version of cgminer on a raspberry pi. Beekeeper only has the source on the support site.

After that i guees i just use "./cgminer –scrypt -T -o <stratum-pool>:<stratum-port> -u <user> -p<password>" to start cgminer?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:09:51 AM by Totscha »

Offline rippy

Interested in the scriptor 8X will keep an eye out on this thread, great work mate!

Offline shubell

i was wondering if the modified cgminer detects the scriptors automatically on the fly while running or does it have to be restarted.

Offline RTB2011

Hey BeeKeeper, any advice for compiling your cgminer source on a rasberry pi?  I follow the directions in the zip on gentoo linux, but get this on the "make" phase:

.deps/cgminer-api.Po:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

Offline Totscha

I'd love to know that too.

Also what OS to run on the pi. Raspbian?

Offline RTB2011

Aha!  You left the hidden .deps directories in the root, in the lib, and ccan folders: removing these allows them to regen and it to compile on arm...  yay!

A simple "make clean" probably will do this on it's own... ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:51:31 PM by RTB2011 »