Author Topic: Spinoff from my RAM based FPGA miner - 25Khs at 5W usb dongle - Scriptor Solo  (Read 1280732 times)

Offline hozer

Chips are on fly to here, and we assemble them here. 7 working days, sorry guys, we didn't expect the demand..

Famous last words.. Here's another idea.. if I pay in LTC, can you hold my LTC in a wallet until you ship, and if the USD/LTC price goes up, increase the quantity? I think this is really the only sane and fair thing to do or you'll get slammed like Butterfly Labs and everyone will be unhappy

Can you give some details on the FPGA used, and if I could at some point load other bitstreams on them? I would be pretty quick to buy a lot of FPGAs I can do something else on them if an asic scrypt miner craze starts happening in 6 months or a year.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
Can you provide video evidence of the units you are actually shipping to customers and provide more details? The prototype in the OP doesn't cut it for me. Also if possible please ask some customers you've already shipped to post an independent review.

Thank you.  :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:21:23 AM by CoinHoarder »

Offline SVK

Can you provide video evidence of the units you are actually shipping to customers and provide more details? The prototype in the OP doesn't cut it for me. Also if possible please ask some customers you've already shipped to to post and independent review.

Thank you.  :)

I'm asking for a video couple of days with no luck so far. The prototype is in fact "Scryptor 8x LIGHT" not Sryptor 8x which should hash at 250 kh/s.

Offline zoob

Does anybody on here or bitcointalk have the pre-release units on hand?
I assume somebody does if you are linking to updated software on your website.

Offline Chirale

Zoob,
I have just received a scriptor 8x light board, and managed to get it to work tonight! Hashing at ~80kH/h. Let's see what happens overnight... I will be posting soon my "scryptor 8x light experience"! (nice!)

Offline SVK

Zoob,
I have just received a scriptor 8x light board, and managed to get it to work tonight! Hashing at ~80kH/h. Let's see what happens overnight... I will be posting soon my "scryptor 8x light experience"! (nice!)

Pics/video or it never happened  ;)

Offline Chirale

Zoob,

Pics/video or it never happened  ;)
It did happen!
This is a scriptor 8X light board connected to RaspberryPi with debian.
It took me a whole night and I wouldn't have done it without huge help from drfranz (Thank you!). In term of hashing speed there is space for improvement (beekeper on vimeo each unit hashing at 80kH/s), but I am happy for now!
If someone is interested drfranz will soon post how we set it up.

Obviously, thank you beekeeper for the board!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:11:44 PM by Chirale »

Offline LiQio

Excellent work, thanks for the update Chirale!

Offline SVK

Good job Chirale.
I was joking so please do not take it personally. Pics or it never happened is used on forums quite often and I have attached smile face at the end of that.

Offline Chirale

Good job Chirale.
I was joking so please do not take it personally. Pics or it never happened is used on forums quite often and I have attached smile face at the end of that.

I got it... I rarely take things personally! Don't worry!
Bye

Offline RTB2011

I'll be happy to post a review when my Scriptor light comes as well...  ;)

Looking forward to it. :)

Offline zoob

This is fantastic!  Though I really would like to be able to pay by PayPal... would rather not let go of my coins if that's what we're all chasing!  ;D

Offline sooraw

what do you need in order to get them running?

is everything included?

Just wondered so I have everything ready when the scriptor arrives.

overed

Good job , Chirale

Offline Totscha

Good news! Paint me interested :)

Any new news on the Scriptor 8x boards availability? I'd love to get a few of these and hook them up to a Raspberry Pi as the controler...