Author Topic: Spinoff from my RAM based FPGA miner - 25Khs at 5W usb dongle - Scriptor Solo  (Read 1310864 times)

Offline kramble

• Github
Ok, we opened our shop, We waiting for feedback..
There is an hidden peoduct which an be bought bulk only today,  en grossist.

Congratulations on being the first to market.

Now that your products are public, do you think you can reveal the device used in your Scriptor Solo?

Offline thitha2907

interested but still very expensive

TheKoolio

You really should specify what chip you are using so customers and the community can validate your claims....

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
You really should specify what chip you are using so customers and the community can validate your claims....
Hey man,
With all the respect for your work- hat off really, I do rely on small distributors, if I name chips, and I already named Cyclone cause I stocked them, but if I name chips for dongle or 8x full board, I will end not being able to ship my product cause costs will be 3 times at least what we projected.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:56:15 AM by beekeeper »

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
interested but still very expensive
Hi,
We are in info gathering period.
What exactly is expensive. Cheapest product is 0.9$/KHs vs most expensive (and most portable) which is close to 2$/KHs.
We are looking forward to tune our offer toward the market. :)

TheKoolio

Hey man,
With all the respect for your work- hat off really, I do rely on small distributors, if I name chips, and I already named Cyclone cause I stocked them, but if I name chips for dongle or 8x full board, I will end not being able to ship my product cause costs will be 3 times at least what we projected.

Thanks, obviously you can understand a lot of work goes into fpga. Obv our products are made for the farm miner really, but I think we'll purchase one of yours just to see how you compiled it. But Im a bit confused by what you said, if you mention what chip you use your costs will triple? How are your distributors selling them for a third of the price to you?

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
For what timeframe do you rent out the kh packages?

Offline Wolf0

Hey man,

Thanks, obviously you can understand a lot of work goes into fpga. Obv our products are made for the farm miner really, but I think we'll purchase one of yours just to see how you compiled it. But Im a bit confused by what you said, if you mention what chip you use your costs will triple? How are your distributors selling them for a third of the price to you?

I think he means other people will start buying the chips in such volume that the price will triple.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
I think he means other people will start buying the chips in such volume that the price will triple.

Nope, as i understand (he sort of explained it by pm aswell) is that the chip distributor itself will increase prices if they know that one chip got special attention....don't ask, i dont know any more.

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
For what timeframe do you rent out the kh packages?

Company life time, but user needs to pay yearly power and hosting which will contain maintenance costs which will contain hardware replacing costs. If runs cool, Altera FPGAs have long life span, it's expected that only a percent of hardware will need to be replaced.

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear

Nope, as i understand (he sort of explained it by pm aswell) is that the chip distributor itself will increase prices if they know that one chip got special attention....don't ask, i dont know any more.

Indeed.

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
God, by mistake I compiled bitstream with if(ostate[7] < target[7]) instead of (ostate[7] <= target[7]) and it took me half a day to recompile it in order to be able to connect half of the big pools wich hands target[7] = 0...  :'(

Ofc there was a fix
Code: [Select]
target7 = bufreverse(target[28:])
if struct.unpack([email protected]', target7)[0] == 0:
target7 = "\x00\x00\x00\x01"
retcode = wr_dev_ok_err(cdev, "\x50"+data[0:76] + target7)
but that's just procrastination.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:21:32 AM by beekeeper »

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
Hey,
Fekin ASIC for LTC...
I am on the edge of looking for ASIC investors right now.
- I do have a provable FPGA solutions far away of anything you can evaluate today. If you are important, I will met you and prove you my device..
- I do FPGAs for 15 years already
- I do have solid connections in China, beyond most of market actors. Just ask kramble about my prieces, I am to lazy to quote him.
The only bitter taste I feel today, LTC is escape path from BTC. Why we need to rush the path?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:22:48 AM by beekeeper »

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
I just had the discussion of my life with the man which will go an build my ASIC in China. And it was hard, we were looking eye to eye, and I was telling him the money we expecting, and he was defensive, cause he's Chinese, and we were arguing, and we left argument split..

Offline fcmatt

I just had the discussion of my life with the man which will go an build my ASIC in China. And it was hard, we were looking eye to eye, and I was telling him the money we expecting, and he was defensive, cause he's Chinese, and we were arguing, and we left argument split..

If there is money to be made he will come back. Patience.