I have updated the CipherMine business plan to take into account recent developments. Please download version 1.05 from docs.ciphermine.com
. The pertinent changelog entry is pasted below. Three items are of particular note:
1) I am delighted to announce the addition of Jan Heinicke-Clemm (aka. JohnDorien on bitcointalk.org) to our team. Jan is a competent, multi-disciplinary IT specialist with skills in programming, systems administration and electronics engineering. In the near-term he will be helping me with software development, in particular putting up private pools (see section 5.1.8 ) for our alt-coin mining. Once this is complete the first tranche 500 shares will be released to him. The second 500 will be release on or before 15th August once we have verified his merit. Those shares are coming from my personal allocation so no-one is being diluted.
2) Today I had a conversation with my PR agent, Katie Olver, about CipherMine. She is extremely excited and thinks that with the interest around bitcoins at the moment she can get us coverage in national British newspapers. This is part of a strategy to raise awareness of the security in hopes of boosting share prices (see section 4.5) and making it easier to raise money in the future should we need to. It will also ultimately help our diversifications (see section 5.2). Katie is calling her journalist contacts tomorrow (PR people are always so impatient!
so there is a chance that things could get "interesting" in the next week or so.If it does look likely that we're going to get some good coverage then I will be "forking" the busines plan to modify a couple of elements and removing previous versions. Please retain a copy of v1.05!
It will remain available to shareholders via a mechanism yet to be determined. Further, if you are a shareholder then please keep a close eye out for announcements in the coming week or two - we may need to act quickly and I will want to involve you.
3) We have purchased BTC with the 15,667 LTC raised in the IPO rounds and have placed an order and paid for for an additional 2,500 Avalon ASICs with Steamboat. There will be more hardware purchases in the next few days. This should nor mean that we are ahead of plan (we assumed the IPO would take longer and the ASICs would be delivered later than the mid-August ETA).
Kate.Changelog for release 1.05:
- Added Jan (developer and electronics engineer).
- Added detail to R&D diversificaiton section.
- Expanded on software and mining pools section, including private pools plan.
- Updated staff shareholdings.
- Added preamble note to shareholder contract about successful IPO and how money is being spent.
- Added section 4.5 (marketing and press relations).
- NOTE: New hardware orders and timelines not yet put into the model - forecast should improve once done.