Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to quickly get Litecoin up and running on a Linux server  (Read 95167 times)

Offline mjopry

Re: [GUIDE] How to quickly get Litecoin up and running on a Linux server
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 05:24:54 AM »
help, slightly new to ubuntu, but can figure my way around pretty good but i'm stuck on the first part. yikes!!! this is just trying to get the packages installed from step 1. also im on ubuntu 12.10, if that helps. heres what it says, i can deduce that it cant find some files do you guys know where to get them? ive tried the apt-get update but it says im all up to date(i think) and i do not know how to execute the other part to try. Also, i tried to follow the guide from pool-x.eu that they have to get started and was running into issues there as well...basically i am having no luck... Thanks

0 upgraded, 82 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,450 kB/65.1 MB of archives.
After this operation, 238 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-updates/main libssl-dev i386 1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.15 80]
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-updates/main libssl-doc all 1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2
Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl-dev_1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2_i386.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.15 80]
Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl-doc_1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2_all.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.15 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:30:11 AM by mjopry »

Offline ModdersCentral

• [picture.jpeg 404 not found]
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »
help, slightly new to ubuntu, but can figure my way around pretty good but i'm stuck on the first part. yikes!!! this is just trying to get the packages installed from step 1. also im on ubuntu 12.10, if that helps. heres what it says, i can deduce that it cant find some files do you guys know where to get them? ive tried the apt-get update but it says im all up to date(i think) and i do not know how to execute the other part to try. Also, i tried to follow the guide from pool-x.eu that they have to get started and was running into issues there as well...basically i am having no luck... Thanks

0 upgraded, 82 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,450 kB/65.1 MB of archives.
After this operation, 238 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-updates/main libssl-dev i386 1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-updates/main libssl-doc all 1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2
Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl-dev_1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2_i386.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.15 80]
Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl-doc_1.0.1c-3ubuntu2.2_all.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.15 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
try running:  apt-get update

Offline prophetx

• LiteCoin BizList
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
thanks for writing this up, worked well on my aws micro instance

just had to add  a swap file since there was not enough ram to compile initialy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110627.0

Offline synthygop

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
^^Now Solved by following the Bitcoin wiki on jsonRPC, its a piece of cake in .php  8)

how did you solve that ?

Offline DiGiGoth

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
I'm tryin to build litecoind on linux ubuntu, i get this error

Code: [Select]
[email protected]:~/litecoin-0.6.3c-linux/src/src$ make -f makefile.unix
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DUSE_IPV6 -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/koko/litecoin-0.6.3c-linux/src/src -I/home/koko/litecoin-0.6.3c-linux/src/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp
In file included from netbase.h:11:0,
                 from util.h:31,
                 from bignum.h:13,
                 from main.h:9,
                 from checkpoints.cpp:11:
serialize.h: In member function 'void CDataStream::insert(CDataStream::iterator, CDataStream::const_iterator, CDataStream::const_iterator)':
serialize.h:813:61: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
serialize.h: In member function 'void CDataStream::insert(CDataStream::iterator, std::vector<char>::const_iterator, std::vector<char>::const_iterator)':
serialize.h:825:61: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
serialize.h: In member function 'void CDataStream::insert(CDataStream::iterator, const char*, const char*)':
serialize.h:838:61: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make: *** [obj/checkpoints.o] Error 4
[email protected]:~/litecoin-0.6.3c-linux/src/src$

what can I do to solve this ?
please help
thanks in advance

Offline tanaydin

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2013, 10:35:20 PM »
hi there... compiling on debian 7.2 (working on vagrant box installed with guide from http://dominique.broeglin.fr/2012/02/25/wheezy-64-vagrant-base-box.html ) fails...

[email protected]:~/litecoin/src# cat /etc/debian_version

[email protected]:~/litecoin/src# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
[email protected]:~/litecoin/src#

and here is the compile output...

[email protected]:~/litecoin/src# make -j1 -f makefile.unix USE_PNP=
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/litecoin/src -I/root/litecoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/root/litecoin/src/leveldb/include -I/root/litecoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/crypter.d -o obj/crypter.o crypter.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/evp.h:75:0,
                 from crypter.cpp:6:
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:751:2: error: #endif without #if
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/objects.h:959:0,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/evp.h:94,
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:65:0,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/objects.h:960,
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/objects.h:960:0,
/usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:59:0: error: unterminated #ifndef
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:1:4101: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:137:20: error: variable or field ‘BIO_set_flags’ declared void
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:137:20: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:137:25: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:137:28: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:138:27: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:139:22: error: variable or field ‘BIO_clear_flags’ declared void
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:139:22: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:139:27: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:139:30: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:189:31: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:190:23: error: variable or field ‘BIO_set_callback’ declared void
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:190:23: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:190:28: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:191:9: error: ‘callback’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:191:19: error: expected primary-expression before ‘struct’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:191:35: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:191:39: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:191:52: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:191:57: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:191:62: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:192:34: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:193:27: error: variable or field ‘BIO_set_callback_arg’ declared void
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:193:27: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:193:32: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:193:35: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:195:36: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:196:27: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:204:16: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:205:15: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:206:15: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:207:15: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:208:15: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:209:16: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:210:17: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:211:31: error: ‘BIO’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:233:17: error: field ‘ex_data’ has incomplete type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:236:17: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:260:4: error: ‘BIO_F_BUFFER_CTX’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:263:26: error: typedef ‘asn1_ps_func’ is initialized (use decltype instead)
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:263:26: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:263:31: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:263:34: error: expected primary-expression before ‘unsigned’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:263:56: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:263:67: error: expected primary-expression before ‘void’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:478:25: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:478:30: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:479:26: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:479:31: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:497:37: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:497:42: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:498:34: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:498:39: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:499:33: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:499:38: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:518:21: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:518:26: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:518:30: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:518:38: error: expected primary-expression before ‘void’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:518:48: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:519:23: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:519:28: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:519:32: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:519:39: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:522:31: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:522:36: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:523:34: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:523:39: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:526:25: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:526:30: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:526:33: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:526:47: error: ‘prefix’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:527:6: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:527:20: error: ‘prefix_free’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:527:31: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:528:25: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:528:30: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:528:33: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:528:48: error: ‘pprefix’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:529:6: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:529:21: error: ‘pprefix_free’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:529:33: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:530:25: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:530:30: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:530:33: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:530:47: error: ‘suffix’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:531:6: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:531:20: error: ‘suffix_free’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:531:31: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:532:25: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:532:30: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:532:33: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:532:48: error: ‘psuffix’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:533:6: error: ‘asn1_ps_func’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:533:21: error: ‘psuffix_free’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:533:33: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:537:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:538:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:541:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:542:13: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:542:18: error: ‘a’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:542:31: error: expected primary-expression before ‘*’ token
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:542:32: error: ‘type’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:542:36: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:543:14: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:543:19: error: ‘a’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:544:16: error: variable or field ‘BIO_vfree’ declared void
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:544:16: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:544:21: error: ‘a’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:545:14: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:545:19: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:545:22: error: expected primary-expression before ‘void’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:545:34: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:545:41: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:546:14: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:546:19: error: ‘bp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:546:22: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:546:33: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:546:41: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:547:15: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:547:20: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:547:23: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:547:41: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:547:48: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:548:14: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:548:19: error: ‘bp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:548:22: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:548:37: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:549:16: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:549:21: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:549:23: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:549:34: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:549:41: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:550:15: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:550:20: error: ‘bp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:550:23: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:550:31: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:550:41: error: expected primary-expression before ‘void’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:550:51: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:24: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:29: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:32: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:48: error: ‘fp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:52: error: expected primary-expression before ‘struct’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:69: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:74: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:88: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:93: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:99: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:551:104: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:552:21: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:552:26: error: ‘bp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:552:29: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:552:37: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:552:46: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:553:19: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:553:24: error: ‘bp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:553:27: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:553:35: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:553:45: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:553:53: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:554:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:555:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:556:19: error: variable or field ‘BIO_free_all’ declared void
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:556:19: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:556:24: error: ‘a’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:557:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:558:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:559:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:560:26: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:560:31: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:561:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:563:16: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:563:21: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:563:26: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:563:36: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:564:15: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:564:20: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:564:25: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:564:37: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:564:44: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:565:17: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:565:22: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:565:27: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:565:37: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:566:16: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:566:21: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:566:26: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:566:38: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:566:45: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:568:25: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:568:30: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:568:34: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:568:42: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:568:59: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:569:2: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:569:12: error: expected primary-expression before ‘long’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:569:20: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:572:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:607:14: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:607:19: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:607:21: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:607:39: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:607:46: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:608:21: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:608:26: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:608:28: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:608:46: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:608:54: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:608:64: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:610:17: error: ‘FILE’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:610:23: error: ‘fp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:610:27: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:610:42: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:610:49: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:611:24: error: ‘FILE’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:611:30: error: ‘fp’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:611:34: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:611:49: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:611:58: error: expected primary-expression before ‘int’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:611:68: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:633:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:634:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:644:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:645:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:646:1: error: ‘BIO’ does not name a type
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:648:22: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:648:28: error: ‘bio1’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:648:41: error: expected primary-expression before ‘writebuf1’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:649:2: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:649:8: error: ‘bio2’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:649:21: error: expected primary-expression before ‘writebuf2’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:649:30: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:655:26: error: variable or field ‘BIO_copy_next_retry’ declared void
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:655:26: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:655:31: error: ‘b’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:664:16: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:664:21: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:664:26: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:664:46: error: expected primary-expression before ‘...’ token
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:665:46: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:666:17: error: ‘BIO’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:666:22: error: ‘bio’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:666:27: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:666:47: error: ‘va_list’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:667:46: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:670:60: error: ‘va_list’ has not been declared
/usr/include/openssl/bio.h:749:1: error: expected declaration before ‘}’ token
make: *** [obj/crypter.o] Error 1

any ideas ?

Offline tanaydin

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »
compiled without any problem on clean install debian 7... I think there is a problem with vagrant... sorry for false alarm.

Offline wavelength

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013, 02:17:36 AM »
Thanks for the guide!

One thing I found: if you run getinfo and see this in the error part:
EXCEPTION: St9bad_alloc \nstd::bad_alloc \nlitecoin in ProcessMessages() \

It means you need more RAM. If you're running in a hosted VPS, try to increase the memory and it should fix it.

Offline huey2323

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
After it is installed and running...

Once the ltc's start flowing in, how can I transfer them to another wallet through litecoind?  I looked at the help for litecoind and I am not seeing anything that would indicate how to do that.

Awesome guide, btw!

Offline node

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »
Thank you for the wonderful guide, Someguy123!

I would like to know huey2323 question too about transferring to another wallet.

The last time I mine such kind of things was back about 3years??? ago, with my lousy PC. I quitted one hour after starting. So I am a total newbie. :)

Offline Sovietaced

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 05:42:24 AM »
Fantastic guide, worked like a charm.

Offline nim

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
First, thx for this guide. I was able to built litecoind on my cubieboard2 running cubian without problems. However, I still have some problems left:

1. It seems that I can't connect for solomining. I tried bfgminer & cpuminer, but no joy. When I use my username and any password, I get a 401. When I use the username/password from litecoin.conf, I get a 500 server error. I tried using curl to get the full response body, and it is:
"{"result":null,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Parse error"},"id":null}"

2. I'm still struggeling with all these ID's. If I want someone to send me LTC, what address do I give him? Just the one I get with "litecoind getaccountaddress USERNAME_FROM_LITECOIND.CONF" ?

Maybe someone can help me with that stuff a bit. thx.

Offline ae86

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
I hope anybody can help me:

I installed Litecoin v0.8.6.1 from https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin
over CentOS 6.4 (Final)

it was not so easy to find libs for centos, but totally
my daemon was bult and compiled,
but after running i see:

litecoind: key.cpp:134: <unnamed>::CECKey::CECKey(): Assertion `pkey != __null' failed.

May be you know whats wrong

Offline Zbiggy

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »
What I would expect, is continuation. "What then" - I mean: having litecoind up and running, what should I do to start real mining? Is litecoind alone enough - or I need something else in addition?

Offline Blisk

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 11:13:16 AM »
I hope anybody can help me:

I installed Litecoin v0.8.6.1 from https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin
over CentOS 6.4 (Final)

it was not so easy to find libs for centos, but totally
my daemon was bult and compiled,
but after running i see:

litecoind: key.cpp:134: <unnamed>::CECKey::CECKey(): Assertion `pkey != __null' failed.

May be you know whats wrong

This happend because
The openssl in CentOS has ECDSA but not secp256k1 required by Bitcoin and Litecoin.

How to fix it, don't know  :(