Author Topic: [Pool] - Coinotron --- PROMOTION --- LTC PPS rates = 3% !!!!!  (Read 45517 times)

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
Re: [Pool] - Coinotron - new 1.5% PPLNS LTC worker
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:19:51 PM by TheMage »

Offline crazik

• Administrator
    • great humour zone
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2014, 05:05:57 AM »

Coinotron owner will try to make users to limit their hashrate on his pool.
Good luck with that!

p.s.
Sorry for lock and modified first post.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:59:28 PM by crazik »

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:19:59 PM by TheMage »

Offline coinotron

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »
Believe it or not, my situation is quite difficult.
Currently there are 2-3 big miners on Coinotron. If I drastically raise fees I will lost them and half of smaller miners - not good.
I've chosen different way: dialog. Right now I'm talking to the biggest miner. He promised to switch part of his hashrate either to doge pool or to other LTC pools in few hours.

My goal is to bring down Coinotron's hashrate to about 40% which should be win-win solution for my pool and network security.

Offline N8c

• [GUIDE] Housing, Xubuntu setup, AMD drivers, Kalroth-/cgminer, monitoring and vBIOS flashing
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »
No, it isn't. Your long term might be, your short-term isn't.

Short-term: Pick a random big guy. He is the one who must leave.
Deactivate the account.
Send a mail to let him know why it happened.
Every big miner will have a backup in their config.
One miner must leave either way, so why not make a fair dice roll.

Long-term: Close registration until you are <=33%.
Sorry but I will not tolerate such issues over a longer period of time.

Currently there are 2-3 big miners on Coinotron. If I drastically raise fees I will lost them and half of smaller miners - not good.
I've chosen different way: dialog. Right now I'm talking to the biggest miner. He promised to switch part of his hashrate either to doge pool or to other LTC pools in few hours.
Good if it works, see above if it doesn't.

My goal is to bring down Coinotron's hashrate to about 40% which should be win-win solution for my pool and network security.
Still too high.
<=25 is "nice", <=33 is a must.

Yes, profits and such, but not on the back of the community.

Offline crazik

• Administrator
    • great humour zone
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »

Well, 40% is not a point, where we will not worry.

Please check:  https://people.xiph.org/~greg/attack_success.html

with 40% problem is still quite big.

Offline N8c

• [GUIDE] Housing, Xubuntu setup, AMD drivers, Kalroth-/cgminer, monitoring and vBIOS flashing
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
Just PM'd everyone from https://litecointalk.org/index.php/topic,6506.0.html

Exception: bitcointalk-members, I can't fucking deal with the 10 minute PM blocker.
Made one PM (including Gridseed, they are the most important).
Thanks to LTCtalk for only using 30s timer :)

Hey there,

sorry to even bother you, but this is serious.

> https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19821.0
> http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/25zkw3/coinotron_hits_51_and_they_arent_taking_it/

Please help mitigate, COINOTRON has not been acting for days and they are more than threatening our whole network !

If you have ASICs pointed at COINOTRON...
- join a P2P pool (best, since decentralised)
- join any other pool
- make your own pool (no fees)
If you have ASICs on hold, please let them mine LTC and help secure the network !
If you know of people who have their stuff pointed there, please help them redirect.

I'm thankful for every MH/s you can offer us :-[

Greetings

Offline coinotron

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »

Well, 40% is not a point, where we will not worry.

Please check:  https://people.xiph.org/~greg/attack_success.html

with 40% problem is still quite big.

I'm sure, you shouldn't be worried. Please take a look at Bitcoin scene: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/
Year after introduction od asics GHASH.IO has got 32% of BTC network !
Don't you think BTC community hasn't fight 51% threat. Yes, they did, with quite disappointing results.
Nonetheless BTC is thriving. Neither big asic miners nor BTCGuild performed double spend attacks.
I think you are exaggerating potential risks. We are in the midst of transition period between GPU and ASIC mining.
I will do my best to mitigate any risks. Believe me I'm the last person who would try to harm LTC network. It would be like signing death sentence to my own business.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:12:10 PM by coinotron »

Offline N8c

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2014, 10:11:25 PM »
Believe me I'm the last person who would try to harm LTC network. It would be like signing death sentence to my own business.
Which is neglectable for some people if they manage to get out with the loot fast enough.

Who cares if the whole LTC network hates you if no one knows your name etc. and you took a nice amount of cash out of the whole situation ? (speaking in millions of course, proably xxx m to x b)

Unfortunately the world has people with attitudes like that.

So we aren't stupidly playing the "it will work out, i'll just stick my head in the sand" game but act instead.

Offline dragonhunter

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2014, 10:12:04 PM »
Unless you have "safety switch" those 40% can go to 50-60% very fast, as your pool proved already....  40% is just beeing greedy... and you did atleast some harm to LTC, if not network itself.

Offline coinotron

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »
Unless you have "safety switch" those 40% can go to 50-60% very fast, as your pool proved already....  40% is just beeing greedy... and you did atleast some harm to LTC, if not network itself.

Please stop accusing me. If you want to accuse someone, you should aim for Sathoshi and his design allowing pooled mining.
Please present a solution which is proof to pooled mining. If you can do that you will be a 100 years cryptocurrency hero.
Sadly under current conditions there is no way of creating systematic 51% proof solution. We must deal with that as people always do. By dialog and consensus.   

Offline dragonhunter

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

Please stop accusing me. If you want to accuse someone, you should aim for Sathoshi and his design allowing pooled mining.
Please present a solution which is proof to pooled mining. If you can do that you will be a 100 years cryptocurrency hero.
Sadly under current conditions there is no way of creating systematic 51% proof solution. We must deal with that as people always do. By dialog and consensus.   

You are the one running the pool so you are the one to blame, noone else. As pool admin i believe you can disable account and tell user to go mine somwhere else. By dialog and action. Its to late for that now i guess....

Atleast thats what i would do.

Offline Snub

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »
Please tell your miners to go elsewhere or to your other coin servers. It is your responsibility as a pool operator, and as a member of the litecoin community, to not own the majority of the network for known reasons. You are risking the litecoin network and the value of the currency itself. Even without a 51% attack you are risking the FAITH in the currency. I ask you again, Please tell your miners to go elsewhere to mine litecoin.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »
Disable the top 3 accounts, I know at the very least you can do that (or should be able to).

Offline Aquirox

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2014, 02:17:28 AM »
dont play with 310 000 000$ market cap its dangerous ^^
see mark
you have control you are only responsable for all ....

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:21:29 AM by Aquirox »