Author Topic: DIY Litecoin Usb Miner  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Oseart55

DIY Litecoin Usb Miner
« on: March 09, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »
As I was sitting in class today I had remembered some time ago that I stumbled on a bitcoin talk forum post about the open source nano fury project. Basically putting together your own usb mining stick. I am wondering however if that would be the same thing for the A2 scrypt ASIC. I would love to get my hands into something new.

The link to the Bitcointalk is: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321287.0

Offline jstefanop

Re: DIY Litecoin Usb Miner
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »
As I was sitting in class today I had remembered some time ago that I stumbled on a bitcoin talk forum post about the open source nano fury project. Basically putting together your own usb mining stick. I am wondering however if that would be the same thing for the A2 scrypt ASIC. I would love to get my hands into something new.

The link to the Bitcointalk is: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321287.0

Not at all..each chip has different footprints, pinouts, voltage requirements etc etc etc. The stick I put together took months of engineering and testing to get it to work right. Its definitely doable if your a good engineer and know your way around PCB software and the ins and outs of buck based power supplies, low level chip coms, and clock based ASIC power requirements (which I thought I knew a lot about, but it took me weeks just to get the right transient response from the particular chip I worked with, and EACH chip has different characteristics).