Author Topic: Wheres TheMage?  (Read 2608 times)

Offline kingscrown

• Financial Underground Kingdom
Wheres TheMage?
« on: March 09, 2016, 06:45:29 AM »
Tried to contact him everywhere.

ANy ideas ?

Offline Phase_Cobalt

Re: Wheres TheMage?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:27:37 AM »
I’m also facing same problem if you got the solution please share with me.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »
I’m also facing same problem if you got the solution please share with me.

I can't find Carnth the other admin.......bought something for LTC and nothing...said would ship.....something maybe came up ...but confusing ..he has not been on since feb 28th :(

hmmmmmm..............long time to wait for something that was supposed to ship

(all were on the same boat and the boat sunk?) yeah I don't get it :(

Offline hagie

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 08:08:24 AM »
Hi,
Carnth contacted me on 23th feb. He asked me if I like to buy titan cubes from him cause he's currently visiting germany and got everything with him ...
He made me a very good offer for the titan with immediately btc payment and shipping.
Obviously I had some doubts and asked for a proof that he's not an imposter. Of course his Admin Level and Chief of LA should be enough he told me.
I Asked for a signed message with a LTC addy he used to gather some funds some time ago - he answered he don't have the key anymore.
The last thing I asked was a PGP signed message with the original LA PGP Key.

!! I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING AFTER THAT REQUEST FROM CARNTH !!

After that I contacted Sy and ask for verification and told him the whole story. I even proposed to give out a warning because the whole behavior of carnth was very strange.
He tried to talk to HauntingShade and contact carnth via hangout but WITHOUT SUCCESS. Because Carnth is also Admin he couldn't be tracked by IP ..

Hopefully the forum is not infiltrated in any way ?!

Regards

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:43:29 AM »
Hi,
Carnth contacted me on 23th feb. He asked me if I like to buy titan cubes from him cause he's currently visiting germany and got everything with him ...
He made me a very good offer for the titan with immediately btc payment and shipping.
Obviously I had some doubts and asked for a proof that he's not an imposter. Of course his Admin Level and Chief of LA should be enough he told me.
I Asked for a signed message with a LTC addy he used to gather some funds some time ago - he answered he don't have the key anymore.
The last thing I asked was a PGP signed message with the original LA PGP Key.

!! I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING AFTER THAT REQUEST FROM CARNTH !!

After that I contacted Sy and ask for verification and told him the whole story. I even proposed to give out a warning because the whole behavior of carnth was very strange.
He tried to talk to HauntingShade and contact carnth via hangout but WITHOUT SUCCESS. Because Carnth is also Admin he couldn't be tracked by IP ..

Hopefully the forum is not infiltrated in any way ?!

Regards

Well we may be s*th out of luck :(

I paid 110 LTC to him for one supposedly working titan cube...and heard nothing since Feb 23rd I think he was last on. The LTC was emptied out of the wallet on 3/4/16

not sure how it was done...but we could have been taken it seems

I pm'd you

Searing

edit: re-read above....so at least you did not get took I guess. But if this forum can have a 'hacked' admin account (1 of 4) for more then 1 month etc....that imho means ALL of
litecointalk is at risk ...everyone better change their frigging password NOW imho....won't do any good on this site if he had admin powers (again 1 of 4) but better change them if used on other sites.

in 20/20 hindsight w/o the above example I may have been scammed ..could not see my self doing any different above...have gotten 1 full titan (bitcointalk member) no issues...got another cube from on here no escrow also no problem.....long term members I thought I was ok)..thus if this is a scam walked right into it :(

anyway so it goes live and learn ...prob did not need another titan cube anyway (110 ltc by by) I run this as a biz so over 5 years can get 25% applied in usd towards taxes owed...in the future ....I can get  back and/or 12.5% back in 2017 is how it works i USA now....rest split over next 4 yrs....so worst case before I wrap up this home miner crypto biz say by Dec 31st 2018 I would at least in used...again applied to taxes owed from mining etc.... be out only 92.8125 LTC as applied to taxes....ain't much but something

but again ...if his account was hacked and no one could tell till now..after what a month since he re-appeared?....well ...I guess I'll be moving over to 100% bitcointalk.org as a result....that is the elephant in the room imho...if an admin account has been hacked then he has full run of all passwords and pm's etc..I'd be so out of here the whole forum has been compromised imho

oh well ...I'll be the first to know I guess champ or chump......live an learn :(

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:02:33 AM by Searing »

Offline trutherseeker

• NOT AN LTCGEAR SHILL
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 10:49:01 AM »
Does this surprise you? This forum is built for scamming

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 10:51:49 AM »
Does this surprise you? This forum is built for scamming

well the 3 deals 2 major I've done on here must be a *fluke* i guess

live and learn

but again ...if i can get scam'd by a 'comprimised' one of 4 administrator accounts ..then I'm out of here .....bitcointalk is bad enough ...but at least the admins pay more attention so such stuff (imho)

whatever....its probably 'karma' I did get a full refund by luck 1 year and 20 days later from Butterfly Labs in 2014....so about due i guess after that 'miracle'

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 12:05:48 PM »
I wish I could help you guys but a lot have the staff around here have been MIA for a while now.

I mostly use /r/litecoin now.

Offline deeneendo

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »
TheMage and also artilectinc's actions and behaviour concerning the whole LTCGear debacle were enough for me to only regard this forum as a place for light entertainment and gossip, not a serious platform for making escrow-less deals with people. This is very sad, but the fact is that I do not have the feeling that the admins here care much about possible scams or risks for their users.

Offline mindtrip

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 01:56:20 PM »
this forum has really on very quite   :(

Offline levi8457

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 02:07:06 PM »
Wasn't TheMage the person that was always in contact with Chris, LTCGear?

And wasn't artilectinc one of the people that visited Chris to see what they could do about resolving the "problem" (and had problems or some such thing with his cell phone and lost the pictures he took, etc.)?

No one seems to know where Chris is or what he is doing and now TheMage and artilectinc are not to be found?

Hate to read anything into this but . . . . . . . . .

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 02:30:32 PM »
I know themage took some time away from the forum to work on his own project, an exchange I think. I did see him here from time to time but nowhere as active as he once was.

Offline GullyGodosf

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »
sorry guys this place is dead ever since the whole issue with beekeeper and the next black friday scam this place should have been gone

Offline Mr Fusion

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 10:10:22 PM »
yeah, I check here so now and then, but nothing new here. I more or less stopped believing LTC could become a serious thing. It's a traders thing, no more. For me now it's waiting to get ROI on my Titan and after that forget all about crypto. I know I'm negative, but really, why would anyone need crypto, exept criminals who need to be anonymous. And if crypto would be a serious way of payment, no government would accept this the way it is now. They can and will get their grip on it simply by law.

Offline kingscrown

• Financial Underground Kingdom
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 11:59:34 PM »
Guys while i dont know Carth i was tryign to get ahold of TheMage

dont be offended but seems you guys speak of some mining stuff deal with gu ycalled Carth, and im looking for TheMage whos name is Andy