Author Topic: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!  (Read 22690 times)

Offline Carnth

  • Elite Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2307
  • Litecoin Association
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 07:08:21 PM »
Meeting for Jan 11 205

Code: [Select]
[13:00] Carnth Welcome to the Litecoin Association meeting.
[13:00] TheMage hi
[13:00] Carnth Is there anyone here who has any questions about anything?
[13:01] Carnth looks around the room.
[13:01] TheMage no one here?
[13:01] Carnth notes the tumble weeds rolling around.
[13:01] TheMage lol
[13:01] Carnth OK. Meeting adjourned. Have a nice day!

Offline newb1

  • Litecoin Association Member
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 434
    • www.litecoinlearner.com
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 12:22:26 AM »
So sad...  :'(

Offline losh11

  • Litecoin Association Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1265
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 01:47:49 AM »
lol, why is this page so long though? The text isn't even that long.

Offline Carnth

  • Elite Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2307
  • Litecoin Association
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »
Meeting on Feb 8 2015

Code: [Select]
[13:00] Carnth Hello and Welcome to the Litecoin Association's public meeting.
[13:00] Carnth As promised we have a big announcement coming up.
[13:00] Carnth But first......
[13:00] crazik icecreams!
[13:00] Carnth Can I get a shout from the people who are alive? Even if you are just lurking.
[13:01] cobordism moo!
[13:01] Maebbie how can i get icecream on irc?
[13:01] Maebbie if icecream is the good news thats fine
[13:01] aspect_ hi everyone
[13:01] crazik hi aspect_
[13:01] -->| losh11 ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.92.0.152.185) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:01] TheMage hi
[13:01] losh11 Hey
[13:01] Cacc Whaddup all
[13:01] -->| newb1 ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:01] newb1 here
[13:02] Carnth OK, Might as well get right to it... TheMage, take it away.
[13:02] losh11 it's been a long time
[13:02] losh11 Alright
[13:02] -->| MLPFrank ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.46.28.51.60) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:02] TheMage hmm
[13:02] TheMage newb1 are you here?
[13:02] Carnth Yes
[13:02] newb1 just arrived
[13:03] TheMage Well everyone
[13:03] cobordism ....drumroll....
[13:03] TheMage As everyone knows we are still working on the LA reorg, which HOPEFULLY will be finished soon
[13:03] =-= Mode #litecoin-association +o Carnth by ChanServ
[13:04] TheMage with the reorg, we needed to have a 5th director for the LA. So please everyone welcome Newb1 (Phil) to his new position as director for the
Litecoin Association!
[13:04] Carnth newb1: Congrats
[13:04] Cacc congrats
[13:04] losh11 Alright, congrats man!
[13:04] -->| v3ra1ynn_ ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.24.190.35.189) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:04] aspect_ +1
[13:04] TheMage Phil also created and maintains the site Litecoinlearner.com
[13:04] v3ra1ynn_ Good afternoon ladies and gents
[13:05] Maebbie err nice, congrats
[13:05] TheMage hi v3ralynn
[13:05] newb1 Thank you, thank you. I am pleased to be part of the group and I intend to be as helpful as possible to our mission and goals.
[13:05] =-= zz_artilectinc is now known as artilectinc
[13:05] TheMage Now for the second good news (and there is a third as well)
[13:05] v3ra1ynn_ damn i missed some
[13:05] newb1 I should probably update my nick from newb1... I'm not so new any more...
[13:06] Maebbie whoa i thought the one before was the second one already
[13:06] TheMage lol
[13:06] losh11 Lol
[13:07] Someguy123 oh hey
[13:07] TheMage The Litecoin Association, in its mission statement, exists to support Litecoin and promote it. Our essence is to help user adoption
and businesses adopt Litecoin.
[13:07] -->| jief78 ([email protected]/jief78) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:07] jief78 Hello sorry i m late again
[13:07] Someguy123 glad newb1 is on the team
[13:07] litecamel Hello
[13:08] newb1 Thanks Someguy123!
[13:08] TheMage So as of today, we will be standing up a new section to the Litecoin Association called the "Litecoin Association Development Team".
Their goal, purpose, and mission statement is to help development of 3rd party applications to be build upon our network and infrastructure. As well as help
businesses get litecoin integrated.
[13:08] -->| Performer ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.172.245.38.32) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:09] TheMage These developers are only working on 3rd party applications seperate from the core code in which Warren leads development of.
[13:09] Maebbie do you have any concrete plans setup for that new section?
[13:10] crazik but it doesn't mean, they can't push code into core
[13:10] crazik everyone can
[13:10] -->| MagNaMan ([email protected]/web/irccloud.com/x-hyhbkrukpdvyswgf) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:10] TheMage maebbie, some things are in flux now
[13:10] TheMage which leads me to the third large announcement
[13:11] TheMage I want everyone here to welcome Aspect to the Litecoin Association family as the lead for the Litecoin Association Development team
[13:11] aspect_
[13:11] Someguy123 aspect_: you're back?
[13:11] crazik Someguy123: just like you
[13:11] Carnth Congrats aspect_ !
[13:11] TheMage he has helped Warren and team with the core code in the past, but more and more often he has been working on 3rd party stuff such
 as Litecoinaverage.com
[13:11] Maebbie oh guess that might take care of a good strategy for the section
[13:12] crazik is crying
[13:12] TheMage so it was only natural that he would lead this team of developers and graphic designers
[13:12] aspect_ someguy123: i never left I've been working in the background pretty much non-stop.
[13:12] <--| MagNaMan has left #litecoin-association
[13:13] -->| Danz0r77 ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:13] TheMage Any questions about our new director or the LA dev team?
[13:13] aspect_ ok, now that this has been said, let me chip in with a bit of input
[13:13] aspect_ basically the issue is that the mandate of the developers is to focus on the technology and network infrastructure. core developers must
maintain business neutrality and thus abstain from endorsing any 3rd party business. core developers also do not get involved in any kind of promotions.
the work is basically academic in nature.
[13:13] TheMage sure
[13:13] crazik TheMage like Hitchcock: start with earthquake, and emotions grows up....
[13:13] jief78 What kind of app will they develop?
[13:13] Carnth newb1: Turn about is fair play. Now you will be asked questions.
[13:14] TheMage LOL carnth
[13:14] aspect_ In my case, as a long term litecoin supporter, I have been working with 3rd party businesses to integrate litecoin support and have been
trying to ensure that people are aware of litecoin and that it it supported.
[13:14] TheMage jief78 litecoin.com, litecoinaverage, those 2 come to mind
[13:14] <--| Danz0r77 has left #litecoin-association
[13:14] -->| Fonzi ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.206.53.80.54) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:14] Someguy123 TheMage: would LiteVault count on that list as one of the services?
[13:15] TheMage yes it would
[13:15] Someguy123 forgot to respond to your email
[13:15] aspect_ The only thing Litecoin needs right now is adoption. As such, at this point in time, my goal is to help the community and LA as much as
 I can with that and after a number of discussions, we came to the conclusion that the best way to do this is by creating a separate development group under
the LA roof, which will focus on development internal projects as well as helping 3rd
[13:15] aspect_ party businesses integrate litecoin support.
[13:15] TheMage I guess I should announce the others on the team as well for those who have agreed
[13:15] TheMage excellent breakdown aspect!
[13:15] -->| kapetans1 ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:15] aspect_ I will still continue to actively support everyone in the core development team, but my primary focus will be on LA projects, such as
litecoin.com and related sites.
[13:16] Maebbie so what is the priority in making all that happen? where would you start?
[13:16] TheMage Please also welcome Losh11, MLPfrank, and Bonksnp to the LA dev team as well
[13:16] crazik omg
[13:16] crazik so many people
[13:16] crazik to welcome
[13:17] Someguy123 so many people who I don't know too
[13:17] Someguy123 thought I knew most people in the LTC community
[13:17] TheMage losh bonksnp and MLPfrank have been working on Litecoin.com
[13:17] aspect_ a lot will be technology dependent. if technology-wise a project is compatible with what we do inhouse, we will handle it. if not, we will
proxy it to other developers and supervise the process.
[13:17] crazik Someguy123: you should sometimes leave your dungeons
[13:17] losh11 Lol, probably me included in that list.
[13:17] TheMage Ahh yes, I forgot also welcome Someguy123 to the team as well!
[13:18] losh11
[13:18] Carnth To sum up.... everything just happened.
[13:18] litecamel lol
[13:18] -->| kapetans ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:18] litecamel claps
[13:18] Maebbie aspect_ thats a very rough outline. The thing is without any specific target it is hard to get anything started. if the development section
wants to help adoption it should start somewhere.
[13:18] -->| RickStoner ([email protected]/rickstoner) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:18] jief78 Welcome and good luck to all of you!
[13:19] Carnth Maebbie: litecoin.com is priority
[13:19] -->| complexring ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:19] aspect_ me and artilectinc have already been working on litecoin.com. a lot has been done before, but now things are really accelerating.
[13:19] Someguy123 PR is important
[13:19] Someguy123 something Litecoin lacks, litecoin.com should help to fix that a little
[13:19] TheMage Artilenctinc also right now just agreed to join the team as well! Congrats guys!
[13:20] losh11 Litecoin.com is near finished. Just some more of fixing CDs.
[13:20] losh11 Css*
[13:20] artilectinc ther eis a lot of potential in the litecoin.com site to be more than just a single page brochure app
[13:20] TheMage so the team consists of Aspect (lead), Arti, someguy123, losh11, MLPfrank, and bonksnp
[13:20] crazik congrats to everyone!
[13:20] Maebbie aspect_ , Carnth thanks for that clarification. litecoin.com is a great start, make sure to emedd some sort of news section if you find the
right way to do so, that would really help future goals of the development section
[13:20] Cacc As far as development and wider acceptance, is the goal to get individual stores/sites to accept litecoin or wider adoption like bitpay?
[13:21] TheMage Honestly my opinion is wider user adoption, developing applications will help drive that
[13:21] Carnth Cacc: Gocoin already support Litecoin and is a great place for merchants to get started.
[13:21] TheMage businesses will pick up once there is a larger user demand
[13:22] losh11 Agreeing with theMage
[13:22] Someguy123 if PayPal payments hub was available outside the US, that would help a lot, they use GoCoin to support LTC/DOGE and other
cryptos via paypal payments
[13:22] Carnth Litecoin.com will highlight where merchants can go to utilize existing tools like Gocoin as well as help companies like who want to become
ike gocoin.
[13:22] Someguy123 I'm in the UK, so they like to hide all of that info from me
[13:22] aspect_ losh, it is near-finished graphics wise, but there is a number of things that remain to be done. so, since this is a general LA meeting,
I would like to ask everyone involved to join me for a private discussion after this meeting, as I have some questions and would like to poll everyone for their
thoughts in relation to content and such.
[13:23] Carnth ** Litecoin.com and the LA Dev team will help more 3rd party tool like gocoin come into existence.
[13:23] [yAK] is there any plan to make a gateway for bitshares?
[13:23] Someguy123 a gateway?
[13:23] -->| roosmaa ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:23] [yAK] right now its mostly shapeshift -> bitshares
[13:24] [yAK] they have bitltc dont they?
[13:24] aspect_ yAK: no, but now that you mention this, I will take a closer look.
[13:24] [yAK] if not someone might want to get that set up too
[13:25] artilectinc 2015 and beyond there is going to be a lot of activity in integrating coins, and services.
[13:25] -->| smk ([email protected]/smk) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:26] aspect_ any ideas, any references, links, thoughts, please let me know. whether we do this or not or put things into plans for later, it is best to have
as much input as possible.
[13:26] artilectinc The first few years has seen an altcoin explosion with a few coins leading the pack. It will be key going forward to provide services that
 are not exclusive to one coin
[13:26] TheMage aspect, just want to toss something out to you now, perhaps a separate section on the forums for you and your team?
[13:27] losh11 For the litecoin dot com site, there should be a map to find people you can pay with LTC.
[13:27] artilectinc losh11 working on it
[13:27] artilectinc coinmap replacement
[13:27] TheMage ok
[13:28] Someguy123 losh11: you mean like this? http://bitcoin.travel/
[13:28] TheMage so with these large 3 announcements, does anyone have any questions for me? I unfortunately need to bow out to do some
 emergency car work.
[13:28] aspect_ TheMage: let me ponder on this.
[13:28] TheMage ok
[13:28] [yAK] Someguy123: http://coinmap.org/ he means like that
[13:28] v3ra1ynn_ TheMage I don't have a question for you specifically but I do want to say this:
[13:28] Someguy123 @other devs: I have the domain LTC.PE, if anyone wants it for one of these projects, let me know (warning: it's an expensive domain)
[13:29] TheMage listens
[13:29] [yAK] i believe that is just using openstreetview or whatever
[13:29] [yAK] so it would b trivial
[13:29] v3ra1ynn_ I agree that one of the biggest things Litecoin needs right now is user adoption, I think its great that so much is going on behind
the scenes  right now with development and all
[13:29] cobordism can we briefly also discuss that two chinese mining pools control almost 60% of the hashrate? Do we know anything about who these
 people are? www.litecoinpool.org/pools
[13:29] v3ra1ynn_ And I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of everything, and by the way congrats to all the new LA members
[13:29] TheMage We hope that more of it will be out in the open now with this new section of the LA
[13:30] artilectinc [yAK]: trivial but that is about as much time has been put into it. there is a lot of opportunity to make a better coinmap service
[13:30] losh11 Yeah, I'd prefer to use cheaper domains, to have like a directory to host la dev projects in development.
[13:30] Cacc Whether nefarious or not, the adoption of litecoin (and doge) on Silk Road Reloaded might end up being a positive as far as adoption.
[13:30] v3ra1ynn_ So back to user adoption, PR is a big part of that right? One of our biggest tools right now that we have currently, believe it or not,
is the subreddit
[13:30] TheMage ok im going to go, enjoy the rest of the meeting and sometime tonight I will post all of the news on the forums and reddit
[13:30] Someguy123 losh11: it's about $50 a year or so from namecheap
[13:30] Someguy123 right now it's just a big money drain, but it's a good name, so I don't want to just let it expire
[13:31] v3ra1ynn_ Right now it needs some help with enthusiasm and users that are passionate about Litecoin, I hope everyone here is as active as they
can be on there and if not I urge you to check it out and try to participate when you can and add what you can
[13:31] Someguy123 go to /r/dogecoin and compare the post times to /r/litecoin
[13:31] Someguy123 there's a giant difference in activity, it makes litecoin look dead compared
[13:31] Someguy123 even archive.org /r/litecoin 2 years ago, it was so much more active, it needs revived
[13:32] losh11 True, something needs to be about that.
[13:32] v3ra1ynn_ Exactly, /r/dogecoin is single handedly responsible for dogecoins explosion in users
[13:32] [yAK] tbh... doge is
[13:32] v3ra1ynn_ It really was SomeGuy, hell, even a year ago
[13:32] Maebbie without /r/dogecoin and their frequent wow such posts the coin could not have gone that far
[13:32] Carnth v3ra1ynn_: Most people don't realize that Doge was BORN on reddit, so that's why it's so active.
[13:33] artilectinc its a virtious or vicious circle. more services, more adoption, more activity on /r/litecoin.
[13:33] v3ra1ynn_ Regardless of what you think of dogecoin, we can learn a little something from them PR wise
[13:33] Someguy123 those of you here on the IRC, if you can, try to be active in #litecoin too
[13:33] -->| fydel ([email protected]:4f8:100:7205::2) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:33] Maebbie it just dosnt get old that dogestuff and /r/dogecoin was the perfect reeding ground at a time when reddit really took off
[13:33] Carnth LCT was born (announced) on bitcointalk, and then moved to Litecointalk, and THEN reddit
[13:33] Someguy123 the channel is dead apart from me and themage posting in there every now and then
[13:33] Carnth LTC had a lot of other social (forums) outlets before reddit.
[13:34] aspect_ i think the revival will come naturally in coming month. i think there will be in general much more activity. for example, I handle e-mail filtering,
forwarding and user support on [email protected]. the activity has started picking up in the last month. I also think that lower price helps in user adoption.
[13:34] Maebbie that is true, but it needs to expand regardless
[13:34] artilectinc there are a few people that coming, old and new that ask questions but rarely get a response
[13:34] artilectinc people need to state active in that channel especially LA members
[13:34] v3ra1ynn_ Carnth, that is true but that doesn't change that reddit has huge potential to be a very powerful PR tool for Litecoin
[13:34] Carnth Are there any questions about The
[13:35] Someguy123 if we can have the IRC channel bursting with life, people won't think litecoin is as dead as it appears
[13:35] Carnth LA Dev and aspect_ ? New direct newb1 ?
[13:35] cobordism reddit is also toxic. mention litecoin in any sub except /r/litecoin and get downvoted and hated on. it's upsetting.
[13:35] Someguy123 there's a lot of people there, but nobody actually says anything because it's practically silent
[13:35] [yAK] Someguy123: is #bitcoin any more active?
[13:36] Maebbie cobordism, it shows how low the output of information aout litecoin really is, espcially on reddit.
[13:36] artilectinc aspect_: when will you PM for the meeting after this?
[13:36] smk true i think the idlers in main channels are there for waulity content rather than quanity and samerepetative q&a
[13:36] crazik guys: ANY QUESTIONS about changes in LA?
[13:36] crazik can we proceed with meeting?
[13:37] v3ra1ynn_ Yeah, and I know reddit seems pretty tough on Litecoin, but if you look at things a year ago and 2 years ago things were much better for
 Litecoin. Great activity and that activity just continues to pull people in. With the crash came much less activity. If we all posted there when we could and chimed
 into the threads that are pertinent to our cause, I think it could help A LOT
[13:37] artilectinc will THEMage post the news to reddit?
[13:37] smk i think thats a go ahead to proceed crazik
[13:37] Carnth OK, I'm going to close the meeting. But we will continue this discussion (reddit, etc) right now.
[13:38] Cacc How often do the devs get together to discuss where things are going and if they are progressing at a desired pace?
[13:38] aspect_ arti+all: let's just aim for 3pm? can everyone involved in litecoin.com please PM me.
[13:38] Someguy123 [yAK]: yes, check bitcoin-otc
[13:38] crazik aspect_: use timezones
[13:38] smk posting meeting minutes on reddit would be helpful also i was a bit later today
[13:38] Someguy123 bitcoin-otc is what litecoin should be similar to
[13:38] cobordism I was looking forward to seeing what the "marketing team" came up with. After all that fuss when they started I hoped their reveal would
lead to new momentum. kinda fizzled out though I guess ...
[13:38] v3ra1ynn_ Is PR not an applicable topic in LA meetings?
[13:38] [yAK] Someguy123: i meant #bitcoin not any other channels
[13:38] cobordism can we briefly also discuss that two chinese mining pools control almost 60% of the hashrate? Do we know anything about who these
people are? www.litecoinpool.org/pools
[13:38] artilectinc agreed assuming 3PM is GMT-5
[13:39] v3ra1ynn_ Genuinely curious
[13:39] crazik cobordism: I'm watching them
[13:40] crazik and I will ask top1 to lower their hashrate
[13:40] crazik as we did with coinotron before
[13:40] Cacc Other than here, if we had ideas or input for the devs, what is the best way to contact them?
[13:40] |<-- jief78 has left freenode (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
[13:40] crazik Cacc: email?
[13:41] -->| jief78 ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[13:42] artilectinc Cacc: I'd say PMing anyone on IRC, Litecointalk or reddit would work.
[13:43] artilectinc You can always email: [email protected] and we will keep track of hte submissions
[13:43] v3ra1ynn_ Someguy123, I'll try to be more active in the Litecoin IRC. It is pretty interesting that so many people are constantly in there but all silent
[13:43] crazik well, it's not a time, when everyone was mining
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:51:49 AM by crazik »

Offline TheMage

  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 6840
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »
Meeting for Feb 22 2015



Code: [Select]
[14:00] TheMage hello everyone, welcome to the Litecoin association bi weekly meeting!
[14:01] newb1 Hello!
[14:01] TheMage Can I get a show of hands to see who is here, lurkers also!
[14:01] crazik
[14:01] wigitgetit Hello
[14:01] TheMage lol
[14:02] |<-- newb1 has left freenode (Changing host)
[14:02] -->| newb1 ([email protected]/newb1) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:02] TheMage guess there arent too many folks on now
[14:02] wigitgetit Jimlite might be working on his miner
[14:03] TheMage ahh ok
[14:03] TheMage we usually get some late comers in here too
[14:03] TheMage ill give it 2 more minutes to see if anyone else joins
[14:03] wigitgetit Stoner19 might be sleeping
[14:03] -->| Pablo213 ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.154.20.93.54) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:03] |<-- Pablo213 has left freenode (Client Quit)
[14:03] newb1 Indeed, there always seems to be latecomers...
[14:04] -->| Pablo325 ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.154.20.93.54) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:04] Pablo325 Check check
[14:05] TheMage hi
[14:05] crazik newb1: please start as our newbie
[14:05] Pablo325 Hello
[14:05] crazik hello
[14:05] TheMage ok
[14:05] TheMage now we can start
[14:05] newb1 yay! start! start! start!
[14:05] TheMage I'm going to have our newest director start us off for today. Phil go ahead
[14:06] newb1 Well, thank you TheMage! It is my honor to get us started!
[14:06] newb1 Since becoming a Director, I have had some experiences observing and working with the Litecoin.com development team.
[14:07] newb1 Aspect, Artilectinc and others are really coming along...
[14:07] newb1 I am very impressed and quite excited about their progress.
[14:07] newb1 The Litecoin world is going to roar when it is (finally) released!
[14:08] newb1 At least, that's my prediction!
[14:08] newb1 The site is jam packed with features that should help the community to connect and grow.
[14:09] TheMage I have to add I am also impressed with the amount of development and future plans for the site
[14:10] newb1 Besides Litecoin.com, I have be tweeting and adding to LitecoinLearner.com as much as possible. I encourage all of LA and Litecoin more broadly to be tweeting about Litecoin and to follow.
[14:10] -->| dreambox700 ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.89.216.142.179) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:11] newb1 I have one other announcement...
[14:12] newb1 Charlie Lee has been announced as a Keynote speaker at the upcoming MIT Bitcoin Expo on March 7th. More details at mitbitcoinexpo.org.
[14:13] newb1 As I always do, I will be eagerly awaiting Charlie's next public appearance!
[14:13] TheMage exciting!
[14:13] -->| Neo_ ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.150.182.159.253) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:13] wigitgetit Thats great
[14:14] litecoin Any timeline for when these litecoin.com developments and future plans will become a tangible reality? During the last joint Reddit AMA the user Aspect_ mentioned many interesting things in the pipeline but nothing seems to be coming to fruition.
[14:14] wigitgetit +1
[14:15] TheMage I can verify there is a lot of development going on right now
[14:15] newb1 I can tell you that significant work is being done on Litecoin.com each and every day... I would turn it over to aspect or artilectinc for any specifics on timeline.
[14:15] TheMage and the team is currently focusing on litecoin.com right now, hopefully to be finished within a months time frame
[14:15] newb1 Since becoming a Director, my inbox has been flooded (in a good way) with Litecoin.com progress and developments.
[14:16] Pablo325 I am unfamiliar with who artilectinc is. Excuse my stupidity. A developer?
[14:16] TheMage yes
[14:16] TheMage part of the new LA development team
[14:16] newb1 No stupidity... all questions are welcome.
[14:16] -->| ltcalltheway ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.50.185.170.53) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:17] TheMage he and aspect are working on the core code, while the others are assisting in other ways such as graphics development
[14:17] wigitgetit Is it possible I missed a road map of what is happening with litecoin.com?
[14:18] TheMage wigitgetit, there is currently no roadmap for public yet
[14:18] TheMage it is possible that after it is released there may be something listed
[14:18] newb1 Yes, I believe that's the intention, TheMage.
[14:18] TheMage I hate to be nebulous, but I dont want to talk about details too much yet
[14:19] newb1 TheMage, can you speak to what is happening on LitecoinTalk with regards to LTCGear and potential donations to Litecoin Association?
[14:19] TheMage as far as other things on the LA dev team plate, there was some discussions around developing a coinmap for LTC since coinmap dropped Litecoin listings
[14:19] |<-- ltcalltheway has left freenode (Client Quit)
[14:19] TheMage and there is also litecoinaverage as well
[14:20] -->| saeveritt ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.65.36.73.29) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:20] TheMage so Litecoin.com now, and the others are being thought about as for the next project
[14:20] TheMage on LTCGear and donations to the LA
[14:21] TheMage It seems there are a large group of folks who are pledging large sums of Litecoin to the LA if LTCGear pulls through and starts paying again
[14:22] TheMage current pledging is at 18.5K LTC, here is the thread https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=24715.0
[14:22] newb1 In short, what has happened with LTCGear? Can you summarize?
[14:22] TheMage ok briefly without going into details
[14:22] |<-- Pablo325 has left freenode (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[14:23] TheMage cloud mining service that was experiencing hacks for a while
[14:23] TheMage which I was told scrambled their database
[14:23] TheMage the owner has not paid out in several weeks so he can fix everything
[14:24] TheMage and because of all the cloud mining shut downs going on, a large number of folks think he will not pay out
[14:24] newb1 Is the owner communicating with his customers?
[14:24] TheMage thats really as much as I care to talk about in terms of the details
[14:25] TheMage he is somewhat
[14:25] TheMage any questions so far on the LTCGear pledges or LA dev team?
[14:26] newb1 Could you comment on the degree to which multi-sig technology could cut down on the hacks which have plagued crypto for the last... oh... 15 months?
[14:26] TheMage thats kind of off topic
[14:27] crazik
[14:27] TheMage I dont have anything else off the top of my head
[14:27] newb1 off topic? okay... As for the pledges, and if you don't mind me expressing a personally opinion, I am mightily impressed by the movement to donate to LA based on the actions of LTCGear. Part of me is a bit disappointed those kinds of donations would not be made otherwise. The good work of LA should be supported regardless of LTCGear.
[14:27] TheMage Newb1 or crazik?
[14:28] TheMage thank you newb1, and I agree!
[14:28] crazik I've one update for p2pool miners
[14:28] crazik there was abadoned site with list of p2pool nodes
[14:28] crazik and charts for minimal hashpower for p2pool mining
[14:28] crazik they have now fresh data
[14:28] crazik and I'm working on updates
[14:29] crazik so if you are interested in p2pool mining
[14:29] crazik please take a look at http://p2pool.litecointools.com, and http://ltc.noshit.pl/p2pool
[14:30] crazik if you want to add your node to list, just let me know.
[14:30] crazik for now, i'm scanning all p2pool nodes for public avalaibility
[14:30] TheMage crazik, are those links on our LA website?
[14:31] crazik one of them should be there.
[14:31] crazik second one not, because i have a little offer there
[14:31] crazik and it would be innapropate
[14:32] TheMage ok
[14:32] TheMage I do want to add one last thing for today
[14:32] TheMage its a reminder to folks out there, please do not use exchanges are your personal wallet
[14:33] newb1 Sorry, TheMage, come again?
[14:33] crazik do not trust anyone
[14:33] TheMage there has been a rash of "hackings" recently on exchanges, and people need to trade what they have and withdraw when you are done
[14:33] crazik when it's going about your money
[14:35] TheMage so please, make sure you have a hold of your coins unless you are actively trading
[14:35] TheMage ok I have nothing else
[14:35] wigitgetit Hold your own coins. Exchanges have been hacked a lot lately.
[14:36] TheMage crazik or newb1, any other announcements?
[14:36] |<-- dreambox700 has left freenode (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[14:36] crazik no
[14:36] newb1 Will there ever be an unhackable exchange? Does multi-sig enable such a thing?
[14:36] wigitgetit nothing is unhackable and multi-sig is a big help
[14:38] wigitgetit I got into to crypto to be my own bank. That means managing my coins. I never store on exchanges and I take daily backup of my wallets.
[14:38] wigitgetit I also don't trade much. So that helps.
[14:39] wigitgetit I would like to ask if there is a current, active campaign for larger merchant adoption?
[14:40] TheMage wigitgetit there will be, but I personally would like to finish the LA reorg and get litecoin.com up and running to point merchants too
[14:40] newb1 Litecoin.com is part of the larger merchant adoption strategy. IMO, It will be the kind of site that should impress large players.
[14:41] wigitgetit That works. And it gives a little insight to what is going on with Litecoin.com. Thanks
[14:42] TheMage welcome
[14:42] TheMage unless anyone has anything else I'm going to close the meeting early for the day
[14:42] -->| Pablo325 ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.154.20.93.54) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:42] newb1 I very much look forward to completion of the re-org.
[14:42] newb1 Finally, LA will be able to grow again.
[14:42] -->| traveller ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.178.128.229.249) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:42] newb1 I know many who are wanting to join the organization.
[14:43] wigitgetit 4 Growing!!!!
[14:43] =-= traveller is now known as Guest10460
[14:43] TheMage Thank you everyone for attending todays meeting! Feel free to stick around and chat for a bit. I will be posting the logs :).

Offline newb1

  • Litecoin Association Member
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 434
    • www.litecoinlearner.com
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »
Meeting for March 8, 2015

Code: [Select]
<newb1> Good day Litecoin Assocation, Litecoin, and to all those in attendance at today's meeting.
<newb1> May I get a show of those in attendance, including lurkers please...
<TheMage> hi
<newb1> Greetings Andrew
<cryptorific> howdy
<newb1> Hello cryptorific!
<LitecoinNode> Hi
<MLPFrank> hey
<newb1> LitecoinNode, welcome!
<newb1> MLPFrank, nice to see you here!
<MLPFrank> You too Phil :)
<newb1> Anyone else in attendance? I will begin with today's agenda in just two more minutes (providing time for any late comers to join).
<TheMage> There always are a few folks coming late :)
<newb1> Indeed...
<Pablo325> Check check
<newb1> Welcome Pablo325
<Pablo325> Hello :)
<newb1> I will be hosting today's meeting. Carnth is out ill and TheMage will be joining us for the first 30 minutes, so that he can stop out and tend to other matters.
<TheMage> thanks phil :)
<newb1> It is my honor to host my first meeting. Thank you to the other LA Directors for looking to me for this task.
<newb1> Just one more moment and we will begin with the agenda.
<newb1> Last call for attendees...?
<newb1> Okay, let's begin.
<newb1> First up on today's agenda: Litecoin.com
<newb1> Progress on the site is on-going with achievements made on a daily basis.
* Anthony1s ([email protected]) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
* Anthony1s ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
<newb1> I have been personally involved in the collection and organization of content.
<newb1> My efforts building www.litecoinlearner.com have helped me on this front.
<newb1> The Litecoin community, litecoin.info, litecointalk, and reddit resources have also been helpful to me in my efforts.
<newb1> One of my goals is to maximize the listing of merchants who accept Litecoin.
<TheMage> It has been coming along very nicely
<newb1> Thank you, Andrew.
* hhhhhh ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.23.24.205.106) has joined #litecoin-association
<hhhhhh> LTC association meeting here?
<newb1> I am calling on the LA and the Litecoin community more broadly to assist me by sharing with me any merchant information they might have and especially so if its information not commonly understood as illustrated on litecoinlearner, litecoin.info, litecointalk and reddit.
<TheMage> yes hhhhhh
<hhhhhh> can LTC work for trezor yet plz??
<newb1> If anyone knows of merchants accepting litecoin (again, not already listed on litecoinlearner, litecoin.info, reddit, and litecointalk), please email me the information at [email protected]
<newb1> Welcome hhhhhh
<newb1> I believe the answer is yes... however, others here may know better than I.
<hhhhhh> what client?  I haven't come across one that supports trezor without doing any kind of work with terminal or python
<newb1> Members in attendance, do any of you have an answer for hhhhhh?
* chickenlil ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.209.121.93.203) has joined #litecoin-association
<newb1> I don't see that anyone has an answer for you at this time, hhhhhh. If you email me at [email protected], I can continue to research this.
<newb1> With that said on the Litecoin.com front, I open the floor to any litecoin.com developers who would like to add more to this part of our agenda. MLPFrank, perahps you care to share an update here?
<newb1> I think MPLFrank may be multi-tasking... Anyhow, a formal Litecoin.com announcement will be released very soon. A first draft of the announcement is underway.
<newb1> Any questions about Litecoin.com?
<newb1> Okay, next up on the agenda... the MIT Bitcoin Expo.
<flashvenom> I have something to share.. I'm working on a project and would like to get input, if possible
<newb1> Hello flashvenom. Welcome!
<newb1> I will hold on the MIT Bitcoin Expo item and ask for you to summarily elaborate on this project here and now.
<flashvenom> I've started to develop a Litecoin ATM Map App.. both for iOS and the web
<flashvenom> after hearing the need from the /r/litecoin community
<newb1> Is this the LitecoinLocator project we've read about on reddit?
<hhhhhh> moby.io
<flashvenom> I am the developer
<flashvenom> I'm uploading the latest iteration
<flashvenom> current iteration is at litecoinfinder.azurewebsites.net
<TheMage> excellent!
<flashvenom> I just tried uploading a version that actually has a working map.. but yeah.. just wanted to get this on everyone radar
<flashvenom> and also I had a pretty brilliant idea... has anyone heard of shapeshift.io?
* RickStoner ([email protected]/rickstoner) Quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
<newb1> I've only briefly looked at the current iteration and should look more deeply at it. How would you like the community to offer input?
<newb1> We've all heard of shapeshift.io.
<newb1> Most of us, I bet, use it.
<flashvenom> so using that site you could always use any ATM to get litecoin since many don't support it natively
<flashvenom> I don't use litecoin ATMs very much but does that seem like a reasonable feature for the site.. menaing, I will list ALL ATMS and just put "Litecoin supported via shapeshift.io"
<flashvenom> wondering what everyones thought on that would be, or if we should just list "native" litecoin ATMS"
<newb1> Hmmm... are you intending for people to go to a bitcoin atm, withdraw bitcoin, and then convert it to litecoin via shapeshift?
<Pablo325> or using the Shapeshift api into a wallet somehow?
<TheMage> flashvenom, I think you should get a wider community input into that thought :)
<flashvenom> well... they could withdraw bitcoin to a shapeshift address which would wash it AND send to your wallet
<newb1> I see...
<flashvenom> bad idea, or good idea?
<newb1> I would not suggest including those atms...
<newb1> however
<flashvenom> shapeshift has an API as well, I could integrate that INTO the ltecoin locator app at some point...
<newb1> This meeting is probably not the best way to get this kind of feedback. If meeting attendies and those reading the meeting minutes later on care to provide feedback, where is the best place for them to do so?
<flashvenom> OK... I figured as such. thanks for your time.. I will stick to reddit?
<TheMage> correct, thats why I said a wider audience would be good :)
<TheMage> reddit and litecointalk
<TheMage> would be the best
<newb1> Though, thank you for bringing this to the meeting.
<flashvenom> I'll also need help actually inputting ATMs,,, I will continue the discussion on those forums
<flashvenom> thanks guys
<TheMage> welcome!
<newb1> Bringing it to the meeting raises awareness and the LA can assist in corralling feedback
<MLPFrank> Yeah Litecoin.com is being worked on daily by myself and the other LA Dev team members not much more to say at this point. Aspect and others are doing a fantasic job with coding the site however I cant say how much longer it will be. All we really need is people to help with resources that like Phil has said aren't on litecoin learner and .info etc the rest of the framework is there in place and functioning,
<flashvenom> great.... well I had to deal with a ransomware attack on a client this week, or it would be very close to done.. more next week.
* hhhhhh ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.23.24.205.106) Quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
<flashvenom> once I'm done I'd love to assist with out litecoin projects... though, I'm only comfortable in .net
<newb1> Before moving on to the MIT Bitcoin Expo, I'd like to turn the meeting over to TheMage to briefly speak of this afternoon's radio talk show.
<TheMage> thanks flashvenom, contaact me on reddit when you have more free time
<TheMage> Not much to say, ill be on transmission.rocks/live in 30 minutes
<TheMage> which is the radio arm of worldcryptonetwork.com
<newb1> www.transmission.rocks/live is the URL we should all use?
<TheMage> I believe so
<TheMage> I will be talking about Litecoin, the LA, and alt coins with their host. Should be a good time :)
<TheMage> im eager to do it and talk about Litecoin
<TheMage> also
<TheMage> I will be on a podcast tomorrow night 10PM EST
<Pablo325> Will it be recorded if anybody can't listen live?  Like myself probably
<TheMage> MusingsOfAShibe
<newb1> I look forward to tuning and I encourage others to do the same. Thank you for sharing the Litecoin message in this way. One last question, if others wanted to talk about Litecoin using this medium... how do they do it?
<TheMage> yes I think its recorded
<newb1> Do you have contacts who could help facilitate it?
<TheMage> MusingsOfAShibe is the podcast
* linusdunkers ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.83.251.67.144) has joined #litecoin-association
<TheMage> newb1 what do you mean?
<newb1> If an LA member wanted to talk about Litecoin on the "Internet Radio", how do they do it? I've noticed you doing it a lot lately! Thank you for that! Maybe others want to join in??? Perhaps you have contacts who could assist with it???
<newb1> There are certain Litecoiners who I would LOVE to hear talking Litecoin in this format.
<TheMage> These are people who reached out to me to be on their shows
<TheMage> you can certainly ask them if you can go on as well :)
<newb1> There should be numerous Litecoiners who would be open to doing this kind of format.
<newb1> Anyhow... thank you for your time, TheMage. I understand you have to bolt.
<newb1> Check out the remainder of the meeting via the minutes on LitecoinTalk.
<TheMage> I do go on dogedradio once in a while as well, and they are always looking for people to call in
<TheMage> normally late at night, after 10PM set
<TheMage> EST
<newb1> Next up on the agenda, MIT Bitcoin Expo.
<TheMage> thank you....going afk :)
<newb1> In case you live in a cave and do not know already, Charlie Lee provided a keynote address at yesterday's
event.
* lolololol ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.150.244.23.10) has joined #litecoin-association
<lolololol> Anyone here
<newb1> WElcome to the meeting lolololol
<lolololol> Thank you.
<newb1> Charlie's presentation can be viewed at this youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIgjogLipvk
<newb1> The presentation was live streamed and recorded, and I hope future presentations will be the same.
<newb1> Itw as nice to see that his presentation was Litecoin-centric.
<newb1> At this time, I am actively attempting to identify his next public appearance. He is proactively presenting about Litecoin and the community should do what it can to get his presentation widely consumed.
<newb1> Next up on the agenda: Electrum Testing
<newb1> Pooler has called for volunteers to help test Electrum.
<newb1> His request is only 2 days old and can be found here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18608.msg256269#msg256269
<newb1> Electrum is an important part of the Litecoin ecosystem and I encourage all of Litecoin to offer help.
<newb1> If you are not sure how to help, respond to Pooler on LitecoinTalk and ask.
<newb1> Do we have any Electrum testers present at today's meeting?
* pooler raises hand
<pooler> lol
<newb1> Pooler! You lurker!
<pooler> noticed you mentioned me
<newb1> Welcome to the meeting!
<newb1> I've put out a call in today's meeting to gather support for Electrum testing.
<newb1> Do you have anything you care to share on this front?
<pooler> while i'm here, i wanted to say that it would be nice if owners of trezor and hw.1 could test the respective plugins in electrum-ltc
<newb1> Pooler, hhhhhh had a trezor question earlier in this meeting.
* pooler reads back
<newb1> He wanted to know, "With what client does trezor support Litecoin?"
<pooler> well right now i think it's only supported by the dev branch of electrum-ltc
<pooler> but it should be relatively stable
<pooler> the only thing that i know doesn't work is signing messages
<pooler> not using trezor that is
<newb1> Thank you for that. While hhhhhh has departed our meeting, I invited him to email me for additional information. I will be sure to pass this along when/if I hear from him.
<newb1> pooler, anything more on the electrum front?
<pooler> no, i think that's it... bottom line, testers are welcome
<newb1> Testing is a great way for people to get involved - newbies included.
<pooler> i should probably prepare some windows binaries as most users are not used to running from source
<newb1> I would agree with that... I've tried running programs from source before and I was left preferring the binaries.
<newb1> With that, today's agenda is nearly complete and soon I will open the floor to additional interests.
<newb1> I would like to announce that www.litecoinlearner.com had its 30,000th hit this weekend.
<newb1> The site is 11 months old and it has taken traffic from all around the world.
<Pablo325> Congrats
<newb1> U.S., U.K., Canada, Brazil, Netherlands, Russia, Germany, Australia, and France represent the top users.
<newb1> 49.2% of visitors are new users and 50.8% are returning.
* RickStoner ([email protected]/rickstoner) has joined #litecoin-association
<newb1> It will be interesting to see how year-end traffic compares with next year.
* MLPFrank ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.81.98.135.103) Quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
<newb1> That is the conclusion of my formal agenda. I would like to open the floor to any questions or other interests.
<lolololol> when will litecoin become $10
<lolololol> purchased 10,000, need 100k
<Pablo325> It is great that the Mage keeps speaking on talk shows, and that Charlie keeps sskpeaking at events.  Andreas plays a huge role informing people of Bitcoin, but if somebody could open his eyes to the benefit of having an alternate blockchain (Litecoin) it would help stop the ridiculous Bitcoiners persona of 'one coin only'
* rdymac ([email protected]/rdymac) Quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
<Pablo325> just a thought on my mind
<TheMage> From what I understand Andreas is a Litecoin supporter and a dogecoin supporter as well
<newb1> Pablo325, it is great! Thanks to both of them, Litecoin has voice! To that end, I'd like to thank all those who provide voice to Litecoin.
<newb1> Aspect, FreeJack2K, Carnth, Litecamel, and so many others...
<Pablo325> I understand that to, but he often speaks of Bitcoin being 'good enough' and that it will scale and be able to do everything, which is not false.  He sometimes appears as being Bitcoin-centric
* rdymac ([email protected]/rdymac) has joined #litecoin-association
<Pablo325> Bitcoin only
<newb1> Rather than persuade Andreas of something he seems not to care to believe, Litecoin should nurture its own community to further its voice.
<TheMage> also FYI I'm an hour off, ill be on at 4PM
<newb1> Welcome back TheMage!
<TheMage> lol thanks
<newb1> Could it be that I am holding the longest ever Litecoin Association meeting?
<Pablo325> I agree, it was just something on my mind as I often see the serious one coin bitcoiners quoting Andreas lol.   That's all :)
<TheMage> pablo325 I feel its the same with me and dogecoin. I support them but I do not actively go out of my way to promote them (if that makes sense) :)
<TheMage> Phil we have had longer :)
<Pablo325> TheMage I absolutely understand
<newb1> Pablo325, you are making an excellent point about voice. I just don't think that Andreas is going to be moved... I think we are better to cultivate from within.
<TheMage> maybe me and Charlie can talk to him at a convention one of these days "D
<TheMage> :D
<newb1> TheMage, but you do not attend conventions.
<TheMage> well when I do lol
<newb1> Excellent attitude!
<newb1> Neoscoin posted a great graphic about this kind of attitude.
<newb1> I will conclude today's meeting by sharing it with you.
<newb1> One moment.
* linusdunkers ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.83.251.67.144) Quit (Quit: Page closed)
<newb1> https://twitter.com/NeosCoin/status/568688966708408320
<Pablo325> And you should speak at one also Andrew.  Would be good to see you up on stage!
<newb1> Andrew, Pablo325, Litecoin Association, Litecoin: We must do.
<TheMage> when I have the time and money to go to one, I will put my hat in the ring to be a speaker :)
<newb1> With that, I motion to conclude today's Litecoin Association meeting; unless there is more from any of our attendees. Of course, feel free to stick around and chat. Do I hear support to conclude the meeting?
* lolololol ([email protected]/web/freenode/ip.150.244.23.10) Quit (Quit: Page closed)
<TheMage> close it :)
<newb1> Well, I hear no objections...
<newb1> Ah... support!
<newb1> Thank you, Andrew.
<TheMage> lol welcome
<newb1> Meeting concluded. Good day everyone!

Offline TheMage

  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 6840
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Meeting for March 22, 2015


Code: [Select]
[14:00] Carnth Hello and welcome to the Litecoin Association public meeting.
[14:00] newb2 Hello! Great to be here on this exciting day!
[14:00] Carnth Please let me know if you are "here" even if you plan to lurk.
[14:01] newb2 Yes, newb1 here as #2 by mobile phone
[14:01] artilectinc here
[14:01] TheMage here
[14:01] ilostmyface here
[14:01] LitecoinNode Hi
[14:01] aspect_ will be on in 10
[14:01] crazik hi
[14:01] Carnth OK!
[14:01] Carnth TheMage: Please give us an update
[14:01] TheMage lol ok I guess lets get to it
[14:02] TheMage So an update on Litecoin.com, we are expecting on launching next week
[14:02] -->| luke-jr_ ([email protected]/luke-jr) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:02] TheMage I am preparing a press release to send out to all of the news orgs
[14:02] aspect_ i was actually going to launch it now
[14:02] -->| Valkir ([email protected]) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:02] aspect_ there is no real reason to delay
[14:02] Valkir Is meeting over
[14:02] TheMage ohhh
[14:02] Valkir ??
[14:03] TheMage Valkir we just started
[14:03] Valkir Yeah
[14:03] Valkir
[14:03] TheMage well correction by Aspect, we plan on launching it now!
[14:03] Valkir Good:)
[14:03] aspect_ the only hold up was disclaimer, which has been put together. when next week updated disclaimer comes, we will update it.
[14:04] TheMage fantastic
[14:04] TheMage Thank you aspect_
[14:04] aspect_ translations are done 80% but that process will keep going on over the next few weeks
[14:04] TheMage which translations do you need help with? Maybe some community members can help.
[14:04] crazik such wow
[14:04] Valkir I can help in french
[14:04] TheMage lol crazik!
[14:05] crazik cosurgi: *ping*
[14:05] aspect_ Valkir, PM me please for french
[14:05] TheMage so expect within a day or two(?) to see Litecoin.com become live!
[14:05] aspect_ we are still missing German. Japanese will begin next week
[14:06] TheMage very very exciting
[14:06] smk here
[14:06] aspect_ it will go live in 20 min or so.
[14:06] smk
[14:07] TheMage wow very nice, thank you guys again
[14:07] TheMage I guess I need to finish that press release sooner
[14:07] artilectinc any PR for the launch?
[14:07] TheMage yes I am going to do something
[14:07] TheMage today
[14:07] Carnth coblee: said litecoin.com is "pretty cool."
[14:08] artilectinc needs better coordination
[14:08] TheMage artilectinc you mean the PR?
[14:09] artilectinc marketing stand point. dev to release
[14:09] TheMage ahh
[14:09] artilectinc PR before the release
[14:09] TheMage well I was a bit confused on the exact time of launch, thats my fault
[14:09] TheMage but if its within a week I dont think its that much of a big deal
[14:10] crazik TheMage just didn't expected santa today..
[14:10] TheMage I did not
[14:10] artilectinc he is not a believer
[14:10] Valkir sorry dont want to be pain in the ass but what is the new launch
[14:11] Carnth Valkir: litecoin.com
[14:11] Valkir ok and what is the difference with litecoin.org ?
[14:11] crazik *huge*
[14:11] crazik Valkir: now it's the same site
[14:11] aspect_ it is a question of simply flipping a switch. we can do this now we can do this later, up to you guys. It can use more work, but that will always be true.
[14:11] TheMage As aspect_ said there was a slight snag on my end as far as a priv policy and a TOS, which is required for websites. I have a lawyer who will be working on these and hopefully will have them done next week. Until then we have a temp Priv policy and TOS.
[14:12] aspect_ there is only a disclaimer. i can add priv policy in half hour if needed be.
[14:12] TheMage Valkir Litecoin.com will be targeted towards merchants and new users
[14:12] TheMage ok
[14:13] ilostmyface Nice
[14:13] Valkir thank themage
[14:13] TheMage and the LA controls it, where Litecoin.org is for development and is handled by the core dev team
[14:13] aspect_ so unless anyone objects, i can initiate the process of going live. or you can put this to a vote. up to you guys.
[14:14] TheMage we can go ahead with it now, im fine with it. Carnth/crazik/newb2?
[14:14] crazik lets go
[14:14] Carnth Yes!
[14:14] artilectinc go go go
[14:14] TheMage ha
[14:14] -->| zsentinel ([email protected]/zsentinel) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:15] newb2 I thought we'd have another week before launch, but no objections to doing so now...
[14:15] TheMage fantastic
[14:15] aspect_ ok, gimme few min. and don't flame if something doesn't work.
[14:15] TheMage lol
[14:15] TheMage this would be great getting live feedback from people here during the meeting too
[14:15] artilectinc I dont think we will be the ones flaming.
[14:16] artilectinc user base
[14:16] -->| syntaks ([email protected]/syntaks) has joined #litecoin-association
[14:16] syntaks waves
[14:16] Valkir
[14:16] TheMage hi syntaks
[14:16] syntaks hiya
[14:17] TheMage ok litecoin.com aside, Carnth did you have something to update us on
[14:17] Carnth Paperwork for the formal re-org of Litecoin Association has been submitted to the State of Texas.
[14:17] TheMage fantastic!
[14:18] Carnth After we get approved, the New LA will be here!
[14:18] TheMage looking forward to it!
[14:18] ilostmyface In my backyard, pretty cool
[14:19] TheMage Texas is crypto friendly
[14:19] TheMage So we wait on the state, its out of our hands and has been a long road to get this all started again. But I know im very exited to reopen again (LA membership and such)
[14:21] TheMage next topic, I dont know if anyone has heard or listened but I did 2 radio shows last week talking about Litecoin and the LA and alts in general, they are a good listen so check them out. I'm also doing an interview with a news org on Litecoin and the LA so watch out for that.
[14:21] Carnth World Crypto Network News Radio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLVwMFWGseA&feature=youtu.be
[14:21] Carnth Musings of a Shibe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xe3WQ6Lqgk
[14:22] TheMage trying to spread the news about Litecoin, I encourage people to do the same :).
[14:22] ilostmyface Will their being any LA prescence at the TX bitcoin conference ? Its at the end of the month. I'll be driving down from dallas to check it out.
[14:23] aspect_ whatever bugs and issues, we will get them ironed up over coming weeks as well as do some cleanup and such
[14:23] aspect_ it's alive...
[14:23] TheMage ilostmyface I personally will not be attending, and I dont think the others will have an opportunity to go either. So most likely no.
[14:23] kyrio current price based on what
[14:23] kyrio top left
[14:24] aspect_ 3 exchanges pulled and averaged based on volume. unfortunately there are still delays on litecoinaverage.
[14:24] kyrio okay
[14:24] kyrio is it in real time or is it cached for x minutes
[14:25] kyrio /hours
[14:26] aspect_ it refreshes every minute. exchanges are btc-e, okcoin, kraken
[14:26] kyrio that's fine too
[14:26] kyrio though even 5 minutes should be okay
[14:27] TheMage btw I love the end of the video, looks like the LA logo
[14:27] kyrio the only problem with the merchants section is that those sites can/will go down and/or stop accepting ltc without notice
[14:27] kyrio is someone going to actively check them
[14:28] TheMage yes we have an admin section and it will be watched
[14:28] artilectinc shoud be part of the disclaimer.
[14:29] aspect_ this site is a custom CMS built specifically for litecoin.com. it has a management backend which allows instant editing/enabling/disabling of all sites etc. so maintenance or link addition is pretty much instant.
[14:29] kyrio yeah that's fine i'm just saying that every site will have to be checked regularly, even if it's monthly
[14:29] artilectinc I agree with kyrio
[14:29] TheMage understood and we are aware of it
[14:30] TheMage so thoughts?
[14:30] crazik it's great
[14:30] kyrio every time i go through the links on the wiki's services page i end up removing at least five dead sites
[14:30] TheMage this will be more up to date
[14:31] kyrio the only complaint is the use of bootstrap / that horrible scrolling site design
[14:31] kyrio otherwise it's well made
[14:31] TheMage there is a section for merchants to insert themselves into this, so we need to get the initial push of letting merchants know they can do this
[14:31] kyrio merchants page itself is great
[14:32] aspect_ check out hebrew/arabic language.
[14:32] kyrio that there is already a good amount of translations is great too
[14:32] kyrio might want to relocate English to the top of the list though, if possible
[14:32] TheMage Anyone else in here thoughts?
[14:33] kyrio also NEWS should probably be changed to NEWS & COMMUNITY
[14:33] aspect_ kyrio, I can give you access to backend if you want. this way if you notice anything, you can just disable the site or correct things.
[14:34] kyrio i don't see any issues other than what i mentioned and they're all things that should be agreed on by everyone
[14:35] Valkir Nice website
[14:35] aspect_ i'll look at moving english language selector up top. they are pulled from the array and were in alphabetical order, until we decided to change them to be presented in the actual language they represent.
[14:36] TheMage I should reiterate what Ive stated before on litecoin.com, this is now going to be a critical piece of infrastructure for the Litecoin eco system
[14:36] Carnth So, any other thoughts? Questions?
[14:36] kyrio yeah that's why i said "if possible"
[14:37] TheMage I have no other items to discuss today, Crazik Carnth or Newb2 so you guys have anything to add to the agenda?
[14:38] crazik no
[14:38] Carnth I don't and this will "officially" be the end of today's meeting.
[14:38] Carnth Feel free to discuss liteoin.com!
[14:39] crazik (and litecoin related things)

Offline bb2ebb

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Hunter X Hunter
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 12:28:43 PM »
it is really great

Offline losh11

  • Litecoin Association Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1265
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
Re: Litecoin Association Public Meetings in IRC - Join us!
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2015, 06:44:15 PM »
These were great; we should have them again at least once a month.