Author Topic: Antminer U3/S3/ etc newbie  (Read 968 times)

Offline huscvarna

Antminer U3/S3/ etc newbie
« on: February 26, 2016, 07:00:29 PM »
Hello guys.
Sorry in advance for may dummies questions, but im really new at this.
I started searching crypto coins a few weeks ago, and i started on Bitcoin and now im researching litecoin.

but i have some doubts with litecoin. I don´t fully understand the concept of some coins are script and others not.

And i was trying to understand my possible profits from an antminer USB U3 with litecoin but i don´t understand the HASH needed to be used in litecoin.
Because in Bitcoin, 63GH/s brings low coins. But the same MH/s in the profit calculator brings HUGE profit.

First of all. Can litecoin be mined with an Antminer U3 and from the S classes?.
Second. If can be mined with ASIC antminer u3, the U3 have 63GH/s that is compared with 63000 MH/s.( i think i did the math right. 1GHS is 1.000 MH/s

But has i understood there is some limitations correct? i cant use fully the 63GH/s in the litecoin pool. Because if so, the profit wold be gigantic!.

So please :( be gentle and explain me all this :)

Thank you very much for your support and patience.

Offline cryptominimum

Re: Antminer U3/S3/ etc newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »
I'm relatively new to crypto mining myself, it can be a steep learning curve.  Litecoin uses a different algorithm {Scrypt) than Bitcoin(sha-256).  Your mining hardware will need to do the appropriate one.  Do a search for 'scrypt miner' on eBay to get an idea what is out there.  Consider a gridseed 5 chip or a Futurebit Moonlander USB miner to get started.  Keep reading here and elsewhere, but do it a little at a time - you will go crazy and your wife/girlfriend will be pissed you are not paying attention to her.