Author Topic: be really careful on this site and possibly mining pool sites with your account  (Read 928 times)

Offline Marvell9

• Elite Member
be really careful on this site (litecointalk)  Someone used my credentials from this site to access my poloniex account and started dumping all my other coins into BTC and finally tried to withdraw the funds

but i have email verification and 2FA set up on my email on the exchange so they were unable to withdraw.  They even tried to access BTC-E and other exchanges but the passwords are different on those

accounts.

Either its from this website or from one of the mining pools i have used int the past I'm sure a lot of people know this better than me but do not use the same password you use on mining pools on exchanges

and make sure you have either pin verification for withdrawals set up and 2FA on the account or on your email

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
I would guess a mining pool but you really never know!

Glad you caught it before they could withdraw at least.

I've seen you mention ethereum mining a bit, have you used any obscure ether pools recently?

Offline Marvell9

• Elite Member
I would guess a mining pool but you really never know!

Glad you caught it before they could withdraw at least.

I've seen you mention ethereum mining a bit, have you used any obscure ether pools recently?

Yeah thanks i was quite lucky that  I always watch my emails closely.

yes I mined it on supernova and coin-tron but I have been mining on those pools for years with the same info never seen this happen before, its a reminder to everyone to never store any funds
on an echange withoute 2FA. 

I Havnt used an other lesser known pools but honestly you dont know if those pools are storing passwords in plain text and a lot of echanges dont use captcha so its possibly the brute forced the passwords once they determined the usernames were valid.

Offline Rockyroad

I'm sure a lot of people know this better than me but do not use the same password you use on mining pools on exchanges and make sure you have either pin verification for withdrawals set up and 2FA on the account or on your email

Good advice.  I never use the same password anywhere.  Even for harmless sites.