Author Topic: How to transfer Litecoins from out of date wallet  (Read 605 times)

Offline jkempfert1207

How to transfer Litecoins from out of date wallet
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:09:25 AM »
I found one of my flash drives that I lost several months ago and found out I have a good chunk of litecoin on it still. When I tried to transfer it through shape shifting it gave me an error message saying that this version is no longer supported by the lite coin network and I need to upgrade. I downloaded the new wallet but now I cant figure out how to get my litecoin from my out of date wallet to my new wallet. If someone knows how to fix this I would be extremely grateful.

Offline Jayke

Re: How to transfer Litecoins from out of date wallet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 12:16:08 PM »
Try letting the out of date wallet sync, then send it to your new address.
Try importing the wallet.dat file. (Should be in your appdata folder).

If they dont work, get your privatekey from the out of date qt'

launch your bitcoin client as usual and wait for it to load the blockchain and start up
click on 'help' in the menu bar (top right)
click on 'debug window'
select the 'console' tab
type: walletpassphrase "your walletpassphrase here" 600
type: dumpprivkey [your public key here]
this will return the private key, you can copy it now; ensure you clear your clipboard/history afterwards
type: walletlock

Bitcoin tutorial but should still work, then import it into your new synced wallet. Let me know if you crack it, cant really think of anything else.

Offline jkempfert1207

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
After doing much research I believe I have determined the problem. The wallet that is out of date is an electrum wallet and I am trying to transfer it to my litecoin core wallet. How do I go about transferring this to my core wallet? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I thank you for your patience. 

Offline l_iteCulture

• Sapientia melior auro
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:39:56 PM by l_iteCulture »