Author Topic: Official FutureBit MoonLander USB Scrypt Stick Software and Support Discussion  (Read 19951 times)

Offline r00tdude

Minera image with moonlander and gridseed support available from :-

http://unix.mm5aes.net/?p=minera-build-with-fururebit-moonlander-support

Image is just finishing it's upload. torrent should start ok.

DUDE. I get that you want some hash thrown your way, but clocking the sticks to 312 on boot is a poor way to do it. What if people didn't have fans on their sticks?

Anyway, I see what you did - instead of using the custom miner section, you just replaced the bfgminer binary and use the standard settings. Whatever works I suppose. Thanks

Offline robo1955

• Grumpy Old Unix Engineer
    • Fire side chat for geeks
Minera image with moonlander and gridseed support available from :-

http://unix.mm5aes.net/?p=minera-build-with-fururebit-moonlander-support

Image is just finishing it's upload. torrent should start ok.

DUDE. I get that you want some hash thrown your way, but clocking the sticks to 312 on boot is a poor way to do it. What if people didn't have fans on their sticks?

Anyway, I see what you did - instead of using the custom miner section, you just replaced the bfgminer binary and use the standard settings. Whatever works I suppose. Thanks

You're right, should have dialed it back before I packaged it, hadn't given a thought to ending up with free shares...  8)
I'll put a warning in the original post.....

Offline jstefanop

312mhz is not even a valid frequency...either 304, or 320 will work. That will just default my driver to 104mhz. But yea if you guys are making custom front ends for these keep the stock 144mhz frequency. I don't want people to melt their sticks from third party stuff :p

Offline Mr. Jinx

312mhz is not even a valid frequency...either 304, or 320 will work. That will just default my driver to 104mhz.
Interesting, I'm currently running @ 312. I thought this was fine because it is a multiple of 8, but should be a multiple of 16 (between 200 and 400 mhz) which it isn't.

However @312 works! It doesn't default to 104. Running at 0.90Mh/s

Offline robo1955

• Grumpy Old Unix Engineer
    • Fire side chat for geeks
312mhz is not even a valid frequency...either 304, or 320 will work. That will just default my driver to 104mhz.
Interesting, I'm currently running @ 312. I thought this was fine because it is a multiple of 8, but should be a multiple of 16 (between 200 and 400 mhz) which it isn't.

We've obviously hit on the same happy accident. Seemed to be the sweet spot on my setup. 900k's without error.

I've redone the image with the freq. set at 144 and removed my pool data to ease r00tdude's sensibilities.

New torrent here :-http://unix.mm5aes.net/moonminera.144.rar.torrent

Offline jstefanop

oh lol..well I guess I set the highend to mutiples of 8 as well when I updated the driver to support 100-200mhz. Forgot about that :D

Offline rgm108

Hi All

I'm happy to report that I received my 3 MoonLander's yesterday.
I followed the Linux instructions and was up and running within a few minutes running at the default 144Mhz.

I'm running these directly plugged into the motherboard ports but will get a hub tomorrow so that I can get a fan blowing on them before starting to tweak.

Cheers for now,
~rgm

Offline deeneendo

so, about to get tweaking on mine, I was wondering:

what type and size of screwdriver is everyone using to turn the poti?

On first sight, I can't tell if it is T5 or something else, I'd hate to mess them up by using the wrong screwdriver as my fine mechanic skills are quite limited.

Also, if someone could explain to me which command parameters I should use to set individual frequencies on these miners?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:40:58 PM by deeneendo »

Offline kingcolex

On the voltage check should i be checking ACV or DCV? Also what is the safe temp zone for these?

Offline jstefanop

On the voltage check should i be checking ACV or DCV? Also what is the safe temp zone for these?

Its DC..if your measuring temp directly over ASIC it should not be over 80C, heatsink temp should not go over 50C.

Offline Tech2K

Everyone still having good luck with the superbpag usb3 hubs?  I tried one with no luck. It will not even recognize a regular usb stick plugged in my laptop. Maybe I just got a bad one.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:58:15 PM by Tech2K »

Offline deeneendo

Pardon me for putting out the question again, I really can't figure out how to select individual sticks in order to have different sticks mine to different pools, or set their frequencies to different levels.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, is a T5 screwdriver what is needed to tune the voltage without risk of damaging the poti?

Thanks in advance.

Offline kingcolex

Pardon me for putting out the question again, I really can't figure out how to select individual sticks in order to have different sticks mine to different pools, or set their frequencies to different levels.

Also, is a T5 screwdriver what is needed to tune the voltage without risk of damaging the poti?

Thanks in advance.
I just used a small flathead, it worked fine for both of mine.

Offline jstefanop

Thanks in advance.

Dosent matter what you turn it with (i sometimes just use my finger nail :P ) the important thing is not to turn it past its maximum or minimum setting (the whole range is within 180 degrees), otherwise you risk breaking the pot. There is no built in "stop" so if you keep turning it will eventually break.

You can't mine different sticks with different pools with a single bfgminer instance. What you need to do is specify which stick you want run per instance (you can easily do this by just making two .bat or script start-up files), and just run a separate instance per pool.

You specify which stick you need to figure out the COM ports the sticks are connected too then simply replace -S MLD:all with the actual com ports.

For example in linux it would look something like this:

Code: [Select]
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1,d=16 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB1 --set MLD:clock=144

for windows your .bat file will look like this:

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1,d=16 -S MLD:\\.\COM0 S MLD:\\.\COM1  --set MLD:clock=144
and you just keep simply adding the -S MLD:\\.\COMx argument for each miner you want to add.

If you want to specify frequencies for each individual miners you can point which frequency gets set to which miner by changing the global --set MLD:clock=144
to --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=320  (note I haven't really tested if you can keep the global option and lets say just set one stick to a different frequency...if you do it this way you might have to specify frequencies for each miner port individually even if some of them are the same, since the global option might override individual frequencies).

So if you have two sticks and want two different frequencies your options might look like this:

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1,d=16 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB1 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=320 --set MLD@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=304

Offline deeneendo

Great answers guys. My eye sight is a bit lacking and I was afraid to damage something, so I preferred double checking about the screwdriver to use.

thanks for the explanation jstefanop, I am using windows (don't ask, long story) to run my miners and I have the problem of changing com ports allocations at every reboot. Is there a way to send commands to individual sticks (or create several instances of bfminer with different pools of sticks) based on their serial numbers for instance, so as to be independent from the com port numbers that Windows is using?

Thanks in advance,

Claude