Author Topic: Official FutureBit MoonLander USB Scrypt Stick Software and Support Discussion  (Read 20960 times)

Offline jstefanop

I feel there is a problem with the linux drivers because the miners work perfectly when I have the miners connected to my Mac. Once I move the miners over to my linux box(not a Pi, Intel NUC), I can't get more than one Moonlander to function, when I plug in 1 by 1, eventually they start dying off, this doesn't happen on the Mac, I've ran continuously for 48+ hours with 6 connected at 800kH/s on the Mac. I'm using the Anker 10-port http://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Anker-SuperSpeed-Including-Charging/dp/B005NGQWL2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1454946966&sr=8-4&keywords=anker+10-port

Yea I have the same behavior with my anker hub. Works fine under mac/win, but linux is having some issues. I think its a combination of non USB compliant hub hardware and older VCP drivers that come pre-installed with linux kernels. The fact that the superbag hub works fine out of the box with the RPi make me believe its more hub hardware issues though.

Offline r00tdude

I feel there is a problem with the linux drivers because the miners work perfectly when I have the miners connected to my Mac. Once I move the miners over to my linux box(not a Pi, Intel NUC), I can't get more than one Moonlander to function, when I plug in 1 by 1, eventually they start dying off, this doesn't happen on the Mac, I've ran continuously for 48+ hours with 6 connected at 800kH/s on the Mac. I'm using the Anker 10-port http://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Anker-SuperSpeed-Including-Charging/dp/B005NGQWL2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1454946966&sr=8-4&keywords=anker+10-port

Yea I have the same behavior with my anker hub. Works fine under mac/win, but linux is having some issues. I think its a combination of non USB compliant hub hardware and older VCP drivers that come pre-installed with linux kernels. The fact that the superbag hub works fine out of the box with the RPi make me believe its more hub hardware issues though.

I see the same behavior on Mac as I do on Linux with the same hubs. Don't think it's a platform issue. Fingers crossed the hubs are the magic bullet.

Offline r00tdude

I see the same behavior on Mac as I do on Linux with the same hubs. Don't think it's a platform issue. Fingers crossed the hubs are the magic bullet.

BINGO! All 8 are humming along nicely on my RPi 2 setup. Now to ness around with the clock speeds! Nice call jstephanop...

Offline tentious

I can also confirm that after switching to a new hub: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013OK10YM, this fixed the problem for me with Linux. The guys are running perfectly. Supposedly this hub supports up to 2amps per port, so I'll be ramping up these guys a little further.

Offline tentious

Is there a way to easily identify which Stick is what? I've tried to "disable" the stick in bfgminer but the yellow light and red lights still blink as if they still receive/sending shares.

Offline jstefanop

Awesome! Just make sure you guys have strong fans blowing on them if your going to run them near 1MH. Heatsink temp of 50c translates to about 80c chip temp...i would not go over that.

Offline jstefanop

Is there a way to easily identify which Stick is what? I've tried to "disable" the stick in bfgminer but the yellow light and red lights still blink as if they still receive/sending shares.

If you press M for device management you can scroll through the sticks and it will display their serial numbers. You can plug in one stick at a time and write its serial number on the side of it or something so you can easily figure out which stick is which inside bfgminer.

Offline tentious

If you press M for device management you can scroll through the sticks and it will display their serial numbers. You can plug in one stick at a time and write its serial number on the side of it or something so you can easily figure out which stick is which inside bfgminer.

Perfect! Thanks!

Offline xxSUPERMANxx

Up and running and now the tuning begins !!!!  ;)

Offline r00tdude

Hey guys -

If anyone is done playing around with their sticks and is looking to offload a few, please PM me. Mine have been running great in the new hubs and I'd like to add 8 more.

Thanks!

Offline r00tdude

BTW - has anyone mokeyed around with Minera to see if you can get this running with the MoonLanders? I might try my luck tonight. I've go them running with no issues on my headless Pi, but I like graphs and pretty stats... If you have already got this running, why not upload an image so I don't reproduce your work.

If no one has done this already and I manage to get it going tonight, I'll upload the image.

Offline Twiki

BTW - has anyone mokeyed around with Minera to see if you can get this running with the MoonLanders? I might try my luck tonight. I've go them running with no issues on my headless Pi, but I like graphs and pretty stats... If you have already got this running, why not upload an image so I don't reproduce your work.

If no one has done this already and I manage to get it going tonight, I'll upload the image.

that would be cool, i cant seem to get it to work with minera either.

thank you.

Offline r00tdude

I worked a few hours on it last night, but no dice yet. I get the custom miner recognized, but the local devices aren't showing up for some reason. I'll spend some more time on it today.

Offline robo1955

• Grumpy Old Unix Engineer
    • Fire side chat for geeks
Minera image with moonlander and gridseed support available from :-

http://unix.mm5aes.net/?p=minera-build-with-fururebit-moonlander-support

Image is just finishing it's upload. torrent should start ok.

EDIT - WARNING - I've left the speed at 312 in the settings - best to remove the miners before you boot and change it first if you're not all fanned up....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:14:13 PM by robo1955 »

Offline r00tdude

Minera image with moonlander and gridseed support available from :-

http://unix.mm5aes.net/?p=minera-build-with-fururebit-moonlander-support

Image is just finishing it's upload. torrent should start ok.

Interested to see what I was doing wrong. I could get the MLD bfgminer running, but it wouldn't start through the WebUI at all - and didn't show stats when it was running. Maybe my mining options? IDK

EDIT dl'ing now - thanks for uploading it.