Author Topic: litecoin core wallet not working  (Read 2171 times)

Offline HTTP 451

litecoin core wallet not working
« on: January 08, 2016, 07:47:15 AM »
Long story short Laptop win 7 64bit quadcore 8gDDR, updated, running avast.

Downloaded the new litecoin core wallet used all the default install dir and allowed through firewall.  Didn't bother with miners or scrypts yet.  Loaded it up connected to peers and began to sync.  Next day I check it's done and still connected.  I had to reboot my laptop, so I waited the 15 minutes for the little "do not shut down till closes" window and restarted now its a few days behind and refuses to connect to anything.  Attempted Electrucm and it just tells me it cant connect.

I'm at a loss, I've checked about everything I can think of from checking blocked ports, firewall, router settings, different users on the computer... nothing.  I even did a reinstall with deleting the %app files.  Searched the net and I cant find a reference to anyone else having the issue so maybe I'm overthinking and missing something.

Offline Someguy123

• Owner and operator of explorer.litecoin.net
    • Litecoin Block Explorer
Re: litecoin core wallet not working
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 05:35:23 PM »
Go into %appdata%\Litecoin and you should see a file called debug.txt - copy it and paste it onto a Pastebin like https://gist.github.com and then link it here.

This should tell us why it isn't connecting.

Offline HTTP 451

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 09:18:19 PM »
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/ac6fe1225dc54eb82340

It also does it with bitcoin core.

How long have you kept it open for? The debug log appears as if you opened it for 30 seconds then just immediately closed it.

Can you try accessing the following links? These will determine if your ISP or some config is causing problems with accessing standard BTC/LTC ports

http://portquiz.net:9333/
http://portquiz.net:9332/

http://portquiz.net:8333/
http://portquiz.net:8332/

Also, can you check your proxy settings? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-internet-explorer-proxy-server-settings#1TC=windows-7

If you're behind a proxy, that could be causing issues.

Offline HTTP 451

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 10:15:13 PM »
After the last install of litcoin core I launched it to see if my config file was doing what I asked it too then closed it.  The fist time I installed it, it started to sync after about 15 minutes and took the night to get caught up.  I let it shut down restarted my laptop after that it wouldnt connect again even after leaving it running for nearly 2 days.  I don't have the log from the first install, one forum said to delete the %Apps folder and it might resolve the issue.

The results of the portquiz all came back good on all 4 ports.  Also not behind a proxy.  Since this post went up I tried another one Doge coin wallet works just fine...

Also with the rise in tablets I lack another computer to try this with.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 11:00:08 PM »
Seems odd... if it works for Dogecoin, it should work for Litecoin, especially if the ports appear to be working fine and not blocked by your ISP.

My recommendation is to leave it running over night, and if it still hasn't synced over night, then upload your debug.log, that way we can see exactly why it's failing to connect. The debug log you posted makes it appear as if you closed it before it even attempted any connections.

Offline HTTP 451

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 12:24:39 AM »
Funny you should mention that after I read your last post I launched it and set my computer down so it would run till morning. I'll post the log in the morning.  Thanks for trying to help me out on this one it's kinda weird.

Offline HTTP 451

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »
Here is the new one from letting it run all night

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1b469ded6dc8bd05963f

hope it gives some kind of answer.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 06:18:56 PM »
Very odd. It looks as if it isn't even attempting to connect to anything. I'm not sure what to say here, especially if other clients work fine. May need someone with experience of the Litecoin client inner workings to look at this.

You say Electrum doesn't work either?

Offline HTTP 451

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 09:50:21 PM »
Dogecoin works fine, Bitcoin does not connect, litecoins does not connect, electrum says no connection.

Yea it's kinda nuts I looked at tons of forums and no real answers. Do you know anyone that knows the inner workings?

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 11:17:13 PM »
There seems to be something wrong when there is a list of peers being created. So I'd like to ask you some questions and recommend something.

Question

Is your internet running on an IPv6 connection?

Can you do the things below...

Could you:

• Quit the Litecoin Core application
  • Open up Windows Explorer
  • Locate the folder at: "C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Litecoin\"
  • Delete the file called "peers.dat"
  • Then in the folder "C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Litecoin\" create a new document with notepad (or another text editor).
  • In that document, type in the following:
Code: [Select]
addnode=2a00:f10:121:a00:4a5:b4ff:fe00:17a9
  • Save that document with the name:
Code: [Select]
litecoin.conf
  • Make sure there isn't anything like ".txt" at the end of the name.
  • Open Litecoin Core after doing this. Wait a while, and it should work.

Hopefully that works.  ;)

Offline HTTP 451

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 03:07:13 AM »
I set up the config file and deleted the others.  Ill set it up to run over night and see what happens.  I have the debug screen open to so I can see if there is any network traffic.

Ill let you know in the morning and include the debug file if I still got nothing.

Offline HTTP 451

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 01:00:47 PM »
That fixed the issue though it's only connected to a single peer for updating. What's your thoughts on the why and how so I might be able to get the other programs running?

Thanks tons for the help on this both of you.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
When Litecoin Core tries to find nodes, it has many options.
One of these options is to get a list of nodes from something called dns seeds.

I believe that none of these seeds are able to connect to a IPv6 only internet connection. Or they may not have any IPv6 nodes.

PS: I'll get someone to fix this, the node you are currently connected to is part of the LitecoinNode project.

Offline Someguy123

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 11:31:27 PM »
When Litecoin Core tries to find nodes, it has many options.
One of these options is to get a list of nodes from something called dns seeds.

I believe that none of these seeds are able to connect to a IPv6 only internet connection. Or they may not have any IPv6 nodes.

PS: I'll get someone to fix this, the node you are currently connected to is part of the LitecoinNode project.
I thought this might have been an issue, although I found it very odd as it sounds like he's at home, and I didn't think there were any IPv6-only home ISPs. I was expecting that there would be at least a few nodes with IPv6 for it to connect to.

As for Electrum, I was pretty sure a few of the servers had IPv6 support, but I guess not. Someone needs to run an IPv6 server, or add IPv6 support to an existing server on Electrum.