Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 362070 times)

Offline lamaa1

Re: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!
« Reply #1650 on: June 12, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-09062015/ posting this here, in case anyone is intrested.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #1651 on: June 13, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »
https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-09062015/ posting this here, in case anyone is intrested.

they still have to scale up and make and ship these beasts....that will be when it all goes to hell and they fold...they are simply showing prototype etc to get the corp to take the fall on the bankruptcy imho......covering their asses ...how they expect to get funds to MAKE AND SHIP the units at this point is a no go in my view

the usual ..you may see a few 'unicorn' units in the wild someday ...less then 25 would be my guess then a big ..oops..market conditions don't work ..so we had to fold statement...

in that the corp will take the fall ande they can keep personal assets if such they will have pulled off making money either from the get go as a scam or as a bungled attempt to make a miner....

me got a refund MONTHS after the amex no longer can do option via paypal ....lost the 1st dispute they lied and made the invoice look like the 1/3 down was paid in full....when I pointed that out it really I mean really really p/o'd the amex rep(s) and fraud dept.. amex then SOMEHOW got the funds to pay me back out of alpha with in the next 30 days....so I recommend amex for customer support they went the extra mile

but i mean really ...you pay ....via amex and paypal 1/3 down it seemed safe at the time ..I learned from BFL and these guys at alpha you can manipulate probably ANY pre-order safeguard it seems ....I also got a BFL refund due to the luck of draw when they gave a few just before FTC closed them down

anyway learned lesson ...no more pre-orders .probably the mantra of this thread now anyway

but again I'm surprised they have gotten this far before closing shop....but again in my opinion it is just so their lawyers can make the case they made some equipment and they will say 'market conditions/chip maker/etc were out of their control and oops ...bankruptcy of corp and main parties can cover their ass

we will see but my view

Offline fréa inguina

« Reply #1652 on: June 13, 2015, 01:18:49 PM »
Last name of the company director is kinda funny... Have anyone actually received miners from them yet?

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1653 on: June 14, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »
Last name of the company director is kinda funny... Have anyone actually received miners from them yet?

They are fraudsters.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #1654 on: June 15, 2015, 08:30:09 AM »
They managed to miss their deadline of may / june...twice LOL

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #1655 on: June 15, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »

That's some serious missteps!

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #1656 on: January 08, 2016, 12:55:30 PM »

That's some serious missteps!

heh ...here is their latest blurb.....took folks money 2 years ago (feb 2014) and STILL say the equip is coming...I don't know UK law so perhaps if they ship something eventually no matter how late they won't go to jail..

I got a refund back from them (thank god for Amex...Amex was NOT amused..when they lied and said I paid in full and I pointed out their web page that it was 30% down on vaporware.....the Amex rep sounded really p/o'd one doe NOT lie to Amex) :)

anyway still get their email promises ..here is the latest goobledegook below 1/7/2015

Greetings Miners!

First of we would like to send out our greetings and happy holidays to all ours customers.

We understand there has been some time since our last update, and want to be totally honest with our customers. When we started this project, we had a proof of concept which we publicly released, this design was proven by engineers and was a new advancement in 'Scrypt hashing'.

Upon positive feedback of our design concept, we received a lot of attention and demand from our customers to complete our chip design and produce it into a working and 'mining' product.  We had a clear plan and strategy which was based on feedback from our designers and manufacturers. And we stated to all our customers we would constantly provide news updates on our progress and shipping time.

As you know we have had many unexpected delays which have been out of our control. Such delays are expected when developing a new technology, as an example there is a considerable risks in the chip design being a fail when we reach the tape-out stage at the foundry (a high cost NRE). As you know that our chips passed all stages at the foundry and we have had a large stock piles of chips waiting to be assembled into units.

We believe it is better to take time in delivering this product, than giving up/failing and leaving our customers empty handed as a lot of other companies have done.

We will be repaying our customers patience with our loyalty scheme, and the obvious hash-rate increase which we had already previously given. And we request all customers to be patient and trust us that any delays have been out of our control and we are fully committed and well funded to assemble these chips into a durable efficient device. We also understand there is little or no competition with our product in this area, where a lot of projects and companies have failed trying to produce scrypt-hashing devices. However, we have persevered through any adversities and have not given up in getting our product out to our customers.  We have rectified our issues and done our utmost to not disappoint our customers. We hope this patience pays of to our customers, whether it's through this product or with our loyalty scheme. We have many plans for the future where we believe our customers will benefit hugely from.

Our only recently delays have been in the system-side of things, which is more of a time issue rather than a cost issue. This issue is to do with the power regulation, where we are still trying our utmost to reduce the power required by our overall system.

We have been working  on the stability of our dc dc regulators. Our UK design team have been closely working with Altera to make sure our Enpirion updated design met all the design rules. It seems something about the load characteristics means is unstable. We seem to have exhausted what we can do with these devices and are working on an alternative method where we would not need any regulators at all. This is something highly technological and requires skilled engineers to pull-of, which we believe we have now with our UK design team.

We will be providing technical updates on a regular basis now regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

man what a bunch of tools.......... anyway for your 'scammer reading enjoyment" :)

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #1657 on: January 08, 2016, 02:07:51 PM »
It's nearly unbelievable.

Such a sad state of affairs.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #1658 on: January 09, 2016, 09:31:47 AM »

Our only recently delays have been in the system-side of things, which is more of a time issue rather than a cost issue. This issue is to do with the power regulation, where we are still trying our utmost to reduce the power required by our overall system.

We have been working  on the stability of our dc dc regulators. Our UK design team have been closely working with Altera to make sure our Enpirion updated design met all the design rules. It seems something about the load characteristics means is unstable. We seem to have exhausted what we can do with these devices and are working on an alternative method where we would not need any regulators at all. This is something highly technological and requires skilled engineers to pull-of, which we believe we have now with our UK design team.

We will be providing technical updates on a regular basis now regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

man what a bunch of tools.......... anyway for your 'scammer reading enjoyment" :)

HAHAHA...they cant get a simple DC DC buck to work for their chips so now they expect to get a string design to work? Right...

Sigh...who are these people that came up with these companies...they sound like some drug dealers off the streets deciding to become hardware engineers.

If only I had the money and chips these guys have (or supposedly have). I would have built a 1GH @1kw miner by now...

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #1659 on: January 09, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »
Sigh...who are these people that came up with these companies...they sound like some drug dealers off the streets deciding to become hardware engineers.

They are supposedly lawyers.

Offline surfguy72

« Reply #1660 on: February 04, 2016, 01:02:26 AM »

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

HAHAHA...they cant get a simple DC DC buck to work for their chips so now they expect to get a string design to work? Right...

If only I had the money and chips these guys have (or supposedly have). I would have built a 1GH @1kw miner by now...

I should have sent you this money jstefanop, i'm still waiting on Alpha (lmao) and and my moon landers are now mining.

Offline mindtrip

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #1661 on: February 16, 2016, 02:45:49 AM »
if this thing took any longer to develop we might see another halving before it comes out  [ltc]