Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 365783 times)

Offline kramble

• Github
Re: Alpha Technology Scrypt ASIC Miner Development
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »
A few people are involved from our end. I personally worked as an Electronic Engineer for many years before moving into Accountancy.

I love how these forums go personal.

Not personal. I just like things to be truthful. I'll just quote the current OP in full, for the record.

PS And I'm pretty sure your post above said something about your little brother being the student before you edited it. Would you like to elaborate?

13/10/2013 Update We have been working hard with our design partners and have some great announcements to make. First of all we apologise for using the term "GPGPU" as our original plan was to use multiple graphics processing chips. In fact we have gone one step forward, after completing our pre-ASIC implementation of our FPGA design and handing it over to our ASIC manufacturer, we have reached excellent prototyping speeds to take this further. Each ASIC chip would perform at a MINIMUM of 500 kh/s, at around ~20 watts. With multiple chips on a PCI-E card we can reach 5,000 kh/s (200 watts) - 10,000 kh/s (400 watts) or HIGHER. The price you pay for each device will be in ratio lower per kilohash than say an AMD 7950. 

There are a few things to do before we start taking pre-orders and marketing. First of all is the design of how many chips we will put on each PCI-E board, it would  more practical to quickly assemble GPU sized PCI-E devices instead of larger devices. As it would result in higher postage costs and time to assemble would be longer if we manufactured more chip dense devices. We would rather the customer receive their devices as soon as possible after fabrication is completed.

Secondly, is the release of the names of our well known and trusted design partner and ASIC manufacturers. They will also release a few news articles from their end and their media sources. And then our own marketing campaign. Our partners have a large assembly line already which has been part of huge projects in the past, so we will be distributing and assembling direct from their location, so you can expect our assembling and shipping time to be much quicker than you may have seen with other ASIC devices.

We will NOT be taking any money from anybody until our well known partners have released news articles regarding our partnership and achievements. At that point it would mean we are ready to start taking in pre-orders to complete the manufacturing process. We also would like to fully complete our final ASIC assembly design, and for the ASIC manufacturer to complete it's final touches on the chip design.

We are nearing completion to start taking pre-orders, but we thought it would be good for the community to get some specific information and updates before everything kicks off from the media. We also want to thank all of the people who followed our progress and believed in us. The days of GPU mining for scrypt are soon to come to an end.

NOTE. We will be releasing a video of our FPGA (ASIC) prototype soon and some details of core hashing speed etc. Just for those people requiring more details. There is more work to be done, and speed/wattage is not final, but it will be around them figures we quoted. We also hope to put everyone's suspicions to an end in the build up to our official launch and pre-order date.

26/07/2013 Update Our Scrypt implementation on an FPGA (proof of concept) has been fully analysed and documented in a report for public access. You can download the .pdf file on this link http://alpha-t.net/blogs/news/8373831-litecoin-miner-development-update-26-07-2013

24/07/2013 Update: We have been able to get the Litecoin algorithm working in FPGA. However, after further analysis we realised that FPGA is not the correct platform for this algorithm in terms of high-speed hashrate, it is possible however not financially or efficiently viable. This is primarily, because of the design of the Scrypt algorithm, there are few loops which require a lot of memory and all operations have to be sequential which cannot be made parallel, so you will not be able to get high speeds. The algorithm was designed in this way to avoid hacking.

The problem with FPGA is that it cannot work at very high frequency. An example is we have seen 800 Mhz in Zynq series. The fastest memory available to an FPGA is on itself which is the block ram. And that we don't have in abundance. This is something which is present in GPU boards though.

You need to physically implement the algorithm on an FPGA in order to actually see how in depth the algorithm works, simulations are not enough. So our efforts have been beneficial in order to come up with a better method of litecoin hashing. We will be releasing a full analysis report as a proof of concept of the algorithm on an FPGA anyway in the near future.

The implementation has been beneficial to us as a team and most importantly our well established partners, in order to get fully familiar with the algorithm itself. So it has given us an in depth knowledge in our new design to overcome the limitations of an FPGA in this case. (will be disclosing who our partners are after our official press releases).

Therefore, We believe the demand is high enough to go ahead with this. We are working on a fabric based on a GPGPU design, as the only way to speed up a sequential algorithm is by overclocking or choosing a fabric which can run at very high speeds and has got lots of memory. As GPGPU implementations have different syntaxes than that of FPGA's, we will be taking advantage of our partner's expertise and connections in manufacturing in this area.

Not only is this a better high speed choice as an end product for miners, it is also business wise for us as we can take advantage of economies of scale, and lower cost per unit therefore lower price for the customers (FPGA's are much more expensive). Our actual design will be reaching speeds in the 1000s Kilohashes/second.

We are in early development and much more information will be coming soon. For now visit our website or follow us on twitter for early development updates.

Twitter: www.twitter.com/UKAlpha

Company Name: Alpha Technology (INT) LTD

company Number: 8483921

Established Partner (Will be disclosing soon)

13/07/2013 Update We have ramped up the team and have our premises ready for when assembly starts. Working in collaboration with our design team abroad we have competence in all areas of FPGA design, and excellent contacts for any procurement (large scale pcb manufacturing, mounting, bulk FPGA etc..)

Currently we are in the final stages off fully implementing the Litecoin algorithm in FPGA (not only Scrypt but other algorithms which are stated  PBKDF2, HMAC-SHA256, SHA256 and SALSA20/8, some of which are open source available). Currently in a 12 week process, our tech lead software engineer  has taken over and is developing the communication between board and PC. Everything we are doing is custom made from bottom up, this gives us the advantage of ironing out all details. We are designing the FPGA in the structured manner you would get working on military grade systems, giving you an idea of the sort of proficiency and quality were aiming towards.

In the next 2 weeks we will be porting our design onto an off the shelf board, giving us the ability to test the system and optimise it, working towards our results we received during simulation. Then we can come up with the exact FPGA and block diagram that will result in the end product. Taking our large scale costs into account and a suitable pricing, were aiming towards a minimum of 500-800 kh/s per unit.

Our goal is to constantly provide detailed information on where we are at. Being a student in Electronic Engineering, so far i have learnt a lot myself. So i want to share our updates, and also to increase awareness and interest in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. And give you a glimpse of all the stages in a professional environment when it comes to FPGA design and development.

In my opinion its a great way to learn if your just an average enthusiast or deciding what to study in college or university! Also a guide to educate members of the crypto-currency community, especially when your being told by companies (not naming any names) that it takes 3 months to design and produce an ASIC!

We will also be providing images and videos of the different stages in development. In the next few weeks showing you the first ever Litecoin dedicated FPGA in action.

As we are producing this FPGA for the community, its important we get feedback! Our website will be launching soon. But follow us on twitter for early sneak peak updates www.twitter.com/ukalpha
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:34:38 PM by kramble »

Offline AlphaTechnology

• Alpha Technology
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 08:49:37 PM »
That post you have highlighted was written by another member of the team (enthusiastic engineer) who had plans to educate members into our development by giving specifics, which is no longer what we will be doing. And my previous post i edited involved specifics into the company structure, which is not really important.

I think we are getting off-topic. Our next post will be when more information is available.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:24:01 AM by AlphaTechnology »

Offline kramble

• Github
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 08:55:07 PM »
That post you have highlighted was written by another member of the team (enthusiastic little brother) who had plans to educate members into our development by giving specifics, which is no longer what we will be doing. And my previous post i edited involved specifics into the company structure, which is not really important.

I think we are getting off-topic. Our next post will be when more information is available.

Thanks. I do recall exactly the content of that post. I'm not surprised you edited it as the admission would not be fitting to your standing as a professional accountant. No doubt the original version is logged on the site's database. The moderators would be well advised to review it.

Offline jk_14

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
That post you have highlighted was written by another member of the team (enthusiastic little brother)

sounds better than King of Nigeria...

Offline dunebuggy

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
I went om companies house, its a private limited company. The structure of a Private ltd company is public information, you can see who is managin director etc. stop trying to troll this post kramble. Even though your trolling helped me see that these guys seem geniune rather than unknown ala jasinlee.

And i want to see the fpga prototype ASAP! I remember KNCMINER being trolled well worse then this, someone even found knc's mum or sister on facebook! Lol

Offline jk_14

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »
I remember KNCMINER being...

so you should also remember what a challenge is ASIC, even when memory is not so important (like in litecoin case...)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:24:12 PM by jk_14 »

Offline dunebuggy

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2013, 09:24:35 PM »
alphas partner seems to have more experience and workforce in the field than OrSoc has, google em. So they mustof figured it out. Lets see how this develops

Offline HauntingShade

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »
Moderator notice:

We apologize for the user "dunebuggy" as this was the notorious scammer named "Supa Dupa Jenkins". Please keep an eye out to new users being a pain and report them.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Offline AlphaTechnology

• Alpha Technology
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2013, 04:04:49 AM »
Kramble, the members and structure of a Limited Company is indeed public knowledge. All your queries have been answered, you are just trolling now.

More information will be provided further into development. So keep updated on our website or twitter.

Offline Ray_Heat

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2013, 11:04:53 PM »
Hai Alpha!

Is there any time schedule when you'll post prices ?

Offline CobraXP

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »
If this is true I would be willing to "buy" the right ASIC miner hardware. I want to see youtube videos, newsletters to subscribers, I want to see more than a few pics. I want I would get back on my investment. I am someone with money but I am a "show me" type of buyer  ;)

TheKoolio

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »
Hi I will be watching this closely to see how you fair, but I really do have doubts on success. I dont think you have accounted for the extreme costs in asic development. You are quite young (kudos if you are successful on theory) but big investors will need many guarantees. You're going to need a loan or investment with many zeros on it to accomplish final products. Anyway I will be watching this and look forward for any 'technical' bits and bobs you decide to share with us as you go on ahead.

Offline Benny

• www.buyahash.com
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 03:45:07 PM »
Hi I will be watching this closely to see how you fair, but I really do have doubts on success. I dont think you have accounted for the extreme costs in asic development. You are quite young (kudos if you are successful on theory) but big investors will need many guarantees. You're going to need a loan or investment with many zeros on it to accomplish final products. Anyway I will be watching this and look forward for any 'technical' bits and bobs you decide to share with us as you go on ahead.

....Coming from another person trying to market their own FPGA/ASIC system, eh?

Offline rTech

• I hate titles :D
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »

....Coming from another person trying to market their own FPGA/ASIC system, eh?

lets keep this clean and ot. Everyone has right to say their opinion even they are competitiors.

Offline beekeeper

• LTC Gear
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »

I second this. Why do you think we did not jump to make ASIC announcements. I have a FPGA which does scrypt, I can send it to someone for evaluation and most likely they will tell me, yeah, it's doable. Then what, I announce ASIC and lock the market BFL style for an year until I manage to produce something? Careful guys..