Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 353286 times)

Offline pmull

Re: LTC FPGA Miner
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
I hope you're joking. Either that or you're incredibly stupid.

Wolf0, you are right here,
razorfishsl is incredibly stupid, because -> latex != neoprene

Offline razorfishsl

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 12:54:16 AM »
I hope you're joking. Either that or you're incredibly stupid.

Wolf0, you are right here,
razorfishsl is incredibly stupid, because -> latex != neoprene

Actually you are both very stupid and poorly researched..... Neoprene is a fairly modern invention, I.E about 1930.... Dupont I believe....
I wonder what they used  before that?
Plus you both failed miserably.... to see the real joke.

Offline AlphaTechnology

• Alpha Technology
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
21/09/2013 Update: Haven't updated in a while but we have been hard in development of our ASIC Miner. Don't want to dilvulge too much information till our launch date for obvious reason. Some statistics of our miner have been posted on Twitter today (www.twitter.com/UKAlpha).

And when we are nearing launch date more information will be provided along with a new name for this post as this is outdated and still discussing about old news (FPGA).

Happy Mining!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:12:42 PM by AlphaTechnology »

Offline AlphaTechnology

• Alpha Technology
Re: Alpha Technology ASIC Miner Development
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »
13/10/2013 Update: We have been working hard with our design partners and have some great announcements to make. First of all we apologise for using the term "GPGPU" as our original plan was to use multiple graphics processing chips. In fact we have gone one step forward, after completing our pre-ASIC implementation of our FPGA design and handing it over to our ASIC manufacturer, we have reached excellent prototyping speeds to take this further. Each ASIC chip would perform at a MINIMUM of 500 kh/s, at around ~20 watts. With multiple chips on a PCI-E card we can reach 5,000 kh/s (200 watts) - 10,000 kh/s (400 watts) or HIGHER. The price you pay for each device will be in ratio lower per kilohash than say an AMD 7950. 

There are a few things to do before we start taking pre-orders and marketing. First of all is the design of how many chips we will put on each PCI-E board, it would  more practical to quickly assemble GPU sized PCI-E devices instead of larger devices. As it would result in higher postage costs and time to assemble would be longer if we manufactured more chip dense devices. We would rather the customer receive their devices as soon as possible after fabrication is completed.

Secondly, is the release of the names of our well known and trusted design partner and ASIC manufacturers. They will also release a few news articles from their end and their media sources. And then our own marketing campaign. Our partners have a large assembly line already which has been part of huge projects in the past, so we will be distributing and assembling direct from their location, so you can expect our assembling and shipping time to be much quicker than you may have seen with other ASIC devices.

We will NOT be taking any money from anybody until our well known partners have released news articles regarding our partnership and achievements. At that point it would mean we are ready to start taking in pre-orders to complete the manufacturing process. We also would like to fully complete our final ASIC assembly design, and for the ASIC manufacturer to complete it's final touches on the chip design.

We are nearing completion to start taking pre-orders, but we thought it would be good for the community to get some specific information and updates before everything kicks off from the media. We also want to thank all of the people who followed our progress and believed in us. The days of GPU mining for scrypt are soon to come to an end.

NOTE. We will be releasing a video of our FPGA (ASIC) prototype soon and some details of core hashing speed etc. Just for those people requiring more details. There is more work to be done, and speed/wattage is not final, but it will be around them figures we quoted. We also hope to put everyone's suspicions to an end in the build up to our official launch and pre-order date.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:00:58 PM by AlphaTechnology »

Offline Magnate

• Bling My Bike
Re: Alpha Technology Scrypt ASIC Miner Development
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2013, 04:13:24 AM »
I'm interested in a miner if the price isn't too high.

But to convince me you have a working product you really need to get prototypes in the hands of a trusted third party and have them post reviews.

Sorry but the incompetence of BFL and all the scams every where I just don't bother holding my breath until something is shown working.

Offline Grinny

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
just some quick math to develop a thought about the possible price:
(i know that your final pricing will not look like this)

An AMD 7950 Windforce costs about 240 EUR and hashes for ~ 670kh/s - so this is a ratio of 2,791 kh/eur.
let's say your ratio is at 2,8 kh/eur (which is not really better but equal), your pricing would look like this:

10,000 kh/s ASIC: 3571 EUR (400 watts)
5,000 kh/s ASIC: 1785 EUR (200 watts)
500 kh/s ASIC: 178 EUR (20 watts)

Sounds good to me.
Interested and watching.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 12:29:25 PM by Grinny »

Offline donschoe

• hello world
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »
Sounds promising.

Offline Xingqiaoyin

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2013, 12:14:18 PM »
the pricing for this has to be equal to gpu in order for us to switch.
if i recall correctly asic only came out after bitcoin skyrocketed in value and proven its profitability.
right now no scrypt based coins has really made it as the next big thing after btc.
until you see litecoin creeping to at least 10 usd pe coin or heck maybe even 5 usd nobody is going to invest in ltc asic miner.
most of us ltc miners are btc miners who repurpose our rigs
with previous experince of being scammed by some notorious asic companies investing in unproven profitable scrypt coin produced by unknown asic miner is still a "maybe later" thought.

Offline donschoe

• hello world
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
the pricing for this has to be equal to gpu in order for us to switch.

Well, no. I think the main advantage of ASIC/FPGA miners is the lower power consumption. And to be honest, currently my power costs are more worrying than the initial harware investments. (Eating up all "profit" at current prices.)

Offline Xingqiaoyin

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »
I remember BFL and their promised watt consumption, I recalled they also said 20 watts  ::)
The more I think about it I may not even want to pay the price for GPU for it.
GPU has real value in other market like gaming.
With BTC you can make real projection of ASIC miner value because BTC already has real practical values everywhere not just mtgox or btc-e.
The only real practical value of  [ltc] right now is by exchanging it in sites like btc-e.
Buying a rig to mine something that has real practical value dictated by btc-e is akin to speculation to me, much better to buy the coins directly at btc-e if you wanna speculate.

Offline dunebuggy

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
I think this is good because theirs too much competition in Bitcoin ASIC, so profit wise its in a grey area coz its like who do u choose, this company or that company? Its been saturated. But scrypt being ASIC less, and its more profitable then bitcoin anyway.

Mining profit wise i would buy a couples

And subroro! Your being silly. Mining gets harder as more people mine because of price increasing. Price doesnt matter because the number of litecoins you mine increases then.

If you hate Litecoin so much why are you commenting. Bitcoin is also speculation like Litecoin. It doesnt mean you dont profit, ive profited more from Litecoin than Bitcoin. Money talks and all i care about is ROI. I've been spending a lot on energy on my gpu's. ASIC is like a god.  If the price is right and proof is given of notable experts (companies) dey r working with. Then i'm in.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:55:57 PM by dunebuggy »

Offline thitha2907

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 05:32:57 AM »
last thing i remember that, asic (sha256) only bring profit to less than 300 people, later it only bring profit to asic company

Offline jk_14

Re: Alpha Technology ASIC Miner Development
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
13/10/2013 Update: We have been working hard with our design partners and have some great announcements to make. First of all we apologise for using the term "GPGPU" as our original plan was to use multiple graphics processing chips. In fact we have gone one step forward, after completing our pre-ASIC implementation of our FPGA design and handing it over to our ASIC manufacturer, we have reached excellent prototyping speeds to take this further. Each ASIC chip would perform at a MINIMUM of 500 kh/s, at around ~20 watts. With multiple chips on a PCI-E card we can reach 5,000 kh/s (200 watts) - 10,000 kh/s (400 watts) or HIGHER. The price you pay for each device will be in ratio lower per kilohash than say an AMD 7950. 

There are a few things to do before we start taking pre-orders and marketing. First of all is the design of how many chips we will put on each PCI-E board, it would  more practical to quickly assemble GPU sized PCI-E devices instead of larger devices. As it would result in higher postage costs and time to assemble would be longer if we manufactured more chip dense devices. We would rather the customer receive their devices as soon as possible after fabrication is completed.

Secondly, is the release of the names of our well known and trusted design partner and ASIC manufacturers. They will also release a few news articles from their end and their media sources. And then our own marketing campaign. Our partners have a large assembly line already which has been part of huge projects in the past, so we will be distributing and assembling direct from their location, so you can expect our assembling and shipping time to be much quicker than you may have seen with other ASIC devices.

NOTE. We will NOT be taking any money from anybody until our well known partners have released news articles regarding our partnership and achievements. At that point it would mean we are ready to start taking in pre-orders to complete the manufacturing process. We also would like to fully complete our final ASIC assembly design, and for the ASIC manufacturer to complete it's final touches on the chip design.

We are nearing completion to start taking pre-orders, but we thought it would be good for the community to get some specific information and updates before everything kicks off from the media. We also want to thank all of the people who followed our progress and believed in us. The days of GPU mining for scrypt are soon to come to an end.

How many chips we will put on each PCI-E board?

Not more than 8-10, I think.

1. while one chip consumes 20W - from 160 to 200W would assure "backward compability" (in sense of heat per PCI-e card)
So, no extra modifications (extra cooling items) needed during upgrade from GPU's to your cards.

2. in case of card failure - it's better to have 2x 8-10 chips per card, than 1x 20 (I suppose price be more-less linear to number of chips)

and last but not least:
3. your first post was in April...
then in July your team have realised, that litecoin is memory intensive...
and in October - you have almost working: 2Mhash/s with 80W power consumption and for ~800 usd (approx. price for 3x 7950)

but, maybe somebody have missed, that means - it is "only" six times cheaper than in July:

"We will release a proof of concept to show this and a full report, if anyone is stating they have exact FPGA hashing figures in the 2MH/s even at $5,000 (thats minimum) area that means they are in the late stages of development, and can easily show you a video/image proof of that."

Amazing progres indeed (many times better than two other competitive projects, where I suppose people involved are not dumb as well).
So, in my opinion chances are: 90% scam / 10% legit, and it's definitely better to risk a lower amount of money, eventually, for one card order (with not 20, but only 8-10 chips on board)

Regards
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:42:39 AM by jk_14 »

Offline Groovy

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
Hi Alpha, have you reached tape-out yet? Any ETA on the first batch? Very interested  :)

Offline dunebuggy

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
Jk_14.. I think your referring to FPGA this is not an FPGA project anymore, it is ASIC.. which a lot of people said would happen instead of fpga because of fpga having limitations, jasinlee seems to disagree though with their fpga with no proof of people he is workin with or anything. And is accepting money alrdy!