Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 362043 times)

Offline bluegreen

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
Re: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!
« Reply #1636 on: December 08, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »
New developments over on BCT ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg9748142#msg9748142

Thanks.  I am approaching a personal judgment against Muhammad Mubasher Akram and Alpha as well but I am not in the UK so its been slow going and Alpha is now actively ducking everything.  Shady bastards.

Offline alucard80

« Reply #1637 on: December 23, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »
some good news I received in an email this morning..as soon as I figure out how to add the pics.. I will

1.     Above are the images for CGMiner integration wherein you can see hashing for a single board. Out of the 11 chips on this board some are fully working with the rest only partially working. That is because the chips in the above board are pre-memory repair and pre-testing. There will be 15 such boards in the 250Mh/s system. In the final system ALL the chips will be fully tested and repaired so they work at 100% (with the capability of being overclocked).

2.     ASIC is undergoing MBIST (memory) repair.

3.     Testing has been concluded and with it we have fixed many bugs, we are now waiting for the final version of the PCB to arrive which we will be doing the final prototyping test with and begin mass assembly.

We apologise for the unexpected delays, we must say these were purely incidents out of our control. It has taken longer than expected for our design team/aggregators to complete its test solution. The test solution is used on all of our production wafers to test which chips are working and which are not; and using memory repair on the ones that are not. We have now managed to complete the test solution so the wafers that we have had waiting, we can instantly test, and forward for assembly into our systems. We do not want to guarantee a date at this time but it won’t be much longer as we have overcome the main complications that caused our delay and will carry on updating you as we progress through manufacturing.

Change In Registered Office Address

As of Monday 22nd December 2014, our registered company office and postal address has been moved to:

Alpha Technology (INT) LTD
 Manchester Business Park
 Aviator Way
 Manchester
 M22 5TG

At our previous address post will be forwarded up until 25th December 2014, so we do not miss anything which may currently be in transit. After this date however all post will be returned to the sender.

We would also like to remind you that Alpha Technology (Int) Ltd is a 'virtual' business and has been from the start, whereby our staff are not located at any fixed location as work is being carried out with respect to our project all over the world including the UK, Denmark, Netherlands and India. The admin staff at Alpha Technology (Int) Ltd itself dealing with customer service also have no fixed location and all work is conducted internationally around the clock.

We would also like to add the ONLY way to contact us is via our emailing service, any queries or questions should be sent to [email protected] and if they relate to your order [email protected]

Despite all the complications we still wanted to take this time to reassure you development is finalizing and the wait shouldn’t be much longer. We also cannot wait to reveal our future plans next year (that will not involve pre-ordering) but for now we wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram

Director

Offline wiggl3r

« Reply #1638 on: December 23, 2014, 05:47:40 PM »
So what does this mean? They are turning things around and will deliver? Or they are trying to fleece everybody 1 last time then settle for pennies on the dollar outside of court?

Offline alucard80

« Reply #1639 on: December 24, 2014, 05:00:32 AM »
So what does this mean? They are turning things around and will deliver? Or they are trying to fleece everybody 1 last time then settle for pennies on the dollar outside of court?

I'm hoping they turn things around and deliver... there aren't any more litecoin hardware developers out there anymore

Offline paul2083

« Reply #1640 on: December 24, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »
Even if they do "deliver" eventually it will be worthless, time to ROI = Infinity, they would have to sell the 250MHS ones for about 500$ to ever ROI with how much power there version will suck.

Offline alucard80

« Reply #1641 on: February 09, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »
new update..

https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-08022015/

We appreciate your patience during this critical time for us; we assure you we will do our utmost to reward it once batch 1 is behind us. We encountered a few issues with finalizing development but during board bring up we managed to come up with 2 solutions, one that does not require any DC regulators and one that does. Our system design process is currently going through some tweaking so we can identify the best solution. Our goal at this point is to deliver a miner that operates as effectively as possible, optimizing its hash rate and power usage, with a quality system to boot. We could have taken the easy way out and shipped sooner like other companies but we didn’t want potentiality faulty and underperforming hardware that lacked durability.

We have noticed there aren’t really any other miners on the market as it appears companies have failed with either tape-out or funding. We are at least happy that we have had no such issues ourselves as we have spent time correcting all errors, deficiencies and potential shortcomings through all the stages of development whether it be chip testing or system tests. In short at this time our goal is to provide a quality product; not a rushed one. But that does not mean we aren’t working as fast as possible and focusing all our efforts on getting batch 1 shipped ASAP. Again, we intend to apologise for the wait by not only surprising you with the product but really removing all doubts with our future plans. The wait is thankfully almost over and we hope to start delivering soon, we already have our materials and parts ready it is just a matter of further prototyping and tweaking our design so our product is fully optimized and durable once you receive it; you will be emailed as soon as we get a shipping date.

Here are some images with the boards inside the 50Mh/s system:

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #1642 on: February 10, 2015, 12:53:06 AM »
new update..

https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-08022015/

We appreciate your patience during this critical time for us; we assure you we will do our utmost to reward it once batch 1 is behind us. We encountered a few issues with finalizing development but during board bring up we managed to come up with 2 solutions, one that does not require any DC regulators and one that does. Our system design process is currently going through some tweaking so we can identify the best solution. Our goal at this point is to deliver a miner that operates as effectively as possible, optimizing its hash rate and power usage, with a quality system to boot. We could have taken the easy way out and shipped sooner like other companies but we didn’t want potentiality faulty and underperforming hardware that lacked durability.

We have noticed there aren’t really any other miners on the market as it appears companies have failed with either tape-out or funding. We are at least happy that we have had no such issues ourselves as we have spent time correcting all errors, deficiencies and potential shortcomings through all the stages of development whether it be chip testing or system tests. In short at this time our goal is to provide a quality product; not a rushed one. But that does not mean we aren’t working as fast as possible and focusing all our efforts on getting batch 1 shipped ASAP. Again, we intend to apologise for the wait by not only surprising you with the product but really removing all doubts with our future plans. The wait is thankfully almost over and we hope to start delivering soon, we already have our materials and parts ready it is just a matter of further prototyping and tweaking our design so our product is fully optimized and durable once you receive it; you will be emailed as soon as we get a shipping date.

Here are some images with the boards inside the 50Mh/s system:

What I'd like to say is:-

Good luck making profit with a 50MH/s ASIC that costs thousands. Unless this cost around 100 bucks, there is no point in this ASIC device.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #1643 on: February 10, 2015, 07:10:10 AM »
It's almost one year late but hey, better late than never *sigh*  :-X

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1644 on: February 10, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »
I heard that difficulties for mining are dropping due to big boys dropping out of the money grab. Don't know if that is true but if it is and more people who just mine to dump get out then those who really want to be a part of the community of miners for grand reasons might someday get to use the Alpha Viper to mine and get something out of it. Otherwise, if things stay as they are with alt coins being so low in value then ROI will be hard. But I guess if you mine long enough and value goes back up then it will balance out.

I got my money back from PayPal some time ago for the 30% down but I did not cancel my order so it still sits on the Alpha site as paid off 30% and waiting for final payment. I do not intend to purchase the unit since it seems that it is full of bugs and issues. So much for a cutting edge market cornering unit.

Offline paul2083

« Reply #1645 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »
At this point its not even worth what it costs to ship.

Offline cestmoi

« Reply #1646 on: February 11, 2015, 09:39:51 AM »
AlphaTech Website down this day ... ??? >:(

Offline jadefalke

• it's only me Honey, don't worry
« Reply #1647 on: April 01, 2015, 03:38:19 PM »
AlphaTech Website down this day ... ??? >:(

at least that got fixed, the website is up. but still no sign's of shippment

Offline CGMChick

« Reply #1648 on: June 03, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »
Well, are they officially out of business?

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #1649 on: June 03, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »
I get a newsletter every few month telling me how great they are doing LOL so i guess not...