Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 360019 times)

Offline OrangeGator

Re: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!
« Reply #1620 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »
If they even do provide an update, it won't be good.  They are never going to ship anything. 

I have read multiple reports of them refunding the 30% Paypal deposit, while keeping the remaining 70% from bank transfer or btc for people who paid and full, and Never requested a refund.  This is a very bad sign.  This makes me think 1. Paypal is still holding their funds. 2. AT has no intention of shipping miners, whether due to failure, or self mining.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #1621 on: November 17, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »
If they even do provide an update, it won't be good.  They are never going to ship anything. 

I have read multiple reports of them refunding the 30% Paypal deposit, while keeping the remaining 70% from bank transfer or btc for people who paid and full, and Never requested a refund.  This is a very bad sign.  This makes me think 1. Paypal is still holding their funds. 2. AT has no intention of shipping miners, whether due to failure, or self mining.

Lawyer up if you haven't already.

Time for waiting is well past.

Offline retro

« Reply #1622 on: November 19, 2014, 05:37:39 PM »
Well, here's their joke of an update.

https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-18112014/

The last part is particularly amusing
We would also like to take this opportunity to state unlike other companies we are actually giving refunds to customers as a goodwill gesture despite our refund period being passed. We also feel the increased hashrate (10x the original hashrate),  and being a part of a large profit sharing scheme makes up for shipping later than anticipated. On that note we are glad to be able to finally announce shipping will be commencing soon however we are still working further to make the devices more efficient. We are very excited about moving forward with you all into the future of this industry so look forward to what will likely be the final batch 1 update very soon.

Yes you should thank Alpha for refunding you only 30%  and cancelling orders without your consent because 250mh/s more than makes up for being 5 months late  :o

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1623 on: November 20, 2014, 07:36:53 PM »
I thought it was so cute to show the backside of the miner, a card but not a finished prototype with the insides shown.  I still hope that they finish and ship since a work partner of mine paid in full with BTC. I do not want to see him stiffed. I got my money back from PayPal and have no skin in this game any longer. I am still following out of curiosity to see if they finish. You would think that by now they would have a prototype to show working and breathing.  At least they did admit to their product no working and needing work to figure out how to fix what does not work right.

Offline Yuki

« Reply #1624 on: November 21, 2014, 02:59:18 AM »
I can't believe that u guys are still talking about this company, totally a scam. When zeus announced they've halted the GEN III project, they offered a full refund or transferred to cloud mining. And refund is finished within 2 weeks. No long-time waiting.If Alpha never began it's project, they should honestly speak it out.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #1625 on: November 21, 2014, 07:06:49 AM »
Numbers dont add up by the way, you see the board with 12 chips, they say each chip runs at 1.5 MH so thats 18 MH per Board, backside of the prototype shows 10 6 Pin Power Connector and i think it's save to assume that you power boards there so...

10 Boards with 12 chips running at 1.5 MHs equals to 180 MH - the miner is supposed to run @250MH with 1850w power draw or less.

My guess is, less hashrate and / or more power - somewhere in the 2k department would be save over those connectors, 2500-3000w possible but not really wise.

Offline retro

« Reply #1626 on: November 21, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »
Numbers dont add up by the way, you see the board with 12 chips, they say each chip runs at 1.5 MH so thats 18 MH per Board, backside of the prototype shows 10 6 Pin Power Connector and i think it's save to assume that you power boards there so...

10 Boards with 12 chips running at 1.5 MHs equals to 180 MH - the miner is supposed to run @250MH with 1850w power draw or less.

My guess is, less hashrate and / or more power - somewhere in the 2k department would be save over those connectors, 2500-3000w possible but not really wise.

Yep. They haven't posted any power consumption figures and said they are "still working to make the miners more efficient" So my guess is they are way off. I'm going to repost this info for anyone still wanting a refund. BTW don't think because you paid in BTC you cannot make a claim. You can.

Some important info below:

You can file small claims court proceedings online here:
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Money claim online can be used by people living outside the UK but you will need a UK service address. Many people have had success with this one:
http://www.cityaddress.co.uk/index.html

You can contact the UK Citizen's Advice Bureau direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website. They will pass your complaint on to UK trading standards. If they receive enough complaints they may start a criminal investigation into Alpha. The form can be found here:
https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

There is also actionfraud. But I doubt they do anything at this stage. It might be worth logging a complaint though.
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any help or advice with your claim

Offline artilectinc

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #1627 on: November 21, 2014, 07:43:55 PM »

Yep. They haven't posted any power consumption figures and said they are "still working to make the miners more efficient" So my guess is they are way off. I'm going to repost this info for anyone still wanting a refund. BTW don't think because you paid in BTC you cannot make a claim. You can.

Some important info below:

You can file small claims court proceedings online here:
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Money claim online can be used by people living outside the UK but you will need a UK service address. Many people have had success with this one:
http://www.cityaddress.co.uk/index.html

You can contact the UK Citizen's Advice Bureau direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website. They will pass your complaint on to UK trading standards. If they receive enough complaints they may start a criminal investigation into Alpha. The form can be found here:
https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

There is also actionfraud. But I doubt they do anything at this stage. It might be worth logging a complaint though.
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any help or advice with your claim

Alpha Technology only measures themselves against Flower Technology and Fibonacci in everything.  Even months after Gridseed shipped and became obsolete with Zeus miners Alpha was stil reporting they were the first Scrypt miner and they would beat the competition.  Now that MAT KNCminer have shipped Alpha Technology is still trying to say that all other competitors failed to deliver and their miners are the most efficient.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1628 on: November 21, 2014, 07:50:02 PM »
it is hard for AT to claim anything at this time, let alone they are tops...

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1629 on: November 21, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »
it is hard for AT to claim anything at this time, let alone they are tops...

They are delusional.

Offline retro

« Reply #1630 on: November 29, 2014, 02:45:49 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone here is following the bitcointalk thread but things have have taken a turn for the bizarre and Alpha have sunk to a new low.

I'll quickly summarise:

14th Nov about 12 AM a message is left on the answering machine of my home phone. Repeating my bitcointalk username over and over in a text- speak voice. The same night at about 1 AM another message is left, this time in the same voice the caller says my username then goes on to state my real name and address, my wife's name. He then says "you are not anonymous" and threatens to take action if I do not stop my "online harassment"

I only noticed the messages a week later as the line is pretty much unused in my office I deleted the first one as I thought it was a crank call then I heard the second and realised it was a bit more serious. I'm a big guy and not easily intimidated but decided to inform the police to get it on the record. They told me not to mention the calls on the forum as it would alert the perp that he had the right target, but to post as normal and see what developed.

Yesterday (27th) a well known Alpha shill Raj_Kapur joins btctalk and accuses me of scamming him out of $500 in btc which he claims to have paid me for filing a small claim for him against Alpha. He then proceeds to post my real name, home phone number, full home and email address, coincidently the same information contained in the threatening phone call. This is such a cack-handed and bungled job that they forget to remove Raj_Kapur's numerous posts here where he flat out attacks me and admits he didn't even buy a miner.

After calling him out and asking for proof of his allegations ie a btc addy, emails, pm's, or evidence he is even an Alpha customer Raj has just replied with more threats and accusations and hasn't provided a shred. I think it's safe to say this pathetic attempt to intimidate and lie has backfired. Now I have no reason to keep this quiet and can reveal just what a complete bunch of scumbags these idiots are.

I've uploaded a recording of the message here https://mega.co.nz/#!nI9mXL5C!HyhAFkySRVcsRr45BOpmPbHzuQDaJRoz8z7sduJZCiI
And this is the thread post of Raj_Kapur https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg9667987#msg9667987 keep reading the subsequent pages for my response.

Its fair to say this has reached a new low, unfortunately for Alpha this stunt has elevated a nuisance call to criminal harassment and Surrey CID (Criminal Investigation Division) are now looking into it. Even dumber was the fact that I was pretty much done with Alpha and was concentrating my time on getting a KNC refund. Now I'm not going to rest until I put them in front of a judge.

These guys are truly pathetic and should have their own episode of worlds dumbest criminals. I'm not going to stop until they are exposed as the lying, cheating scum that they are.

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1631 on: November 30, 2014, 04:38:18 AM »

Its fair to say this has reached a new low, unfortunately for Alpha this stunt has elevated a nuisance call to criminal harassment and Surrey CID (Criminal Investigation Division) are now looking into it. Even dumber was the fact that I was pretty much done with Alpha and was concentrating my time on getting a KNC refund. Now I'm not going to rest until I put them in front of a judge.

These guys are truly pathetic and should have their own episode of worlds dumbest criminals. I'm not going to stop until they are exposed as the lying, cheating scum that they are.

Even if I never got a penny back if they rot in jail I'll be happy.   Their arrogance will be their undoing.

Offline FreeJack2k

« Reply #1632 on: December 01, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »
A couple of us are talking to a law firm in the UK about organizing a lot of those who were refused refunds or only received a small percentage back, and pursuing a winding up petition with the courts. This would force Alpha Technology to satisfy its debts with creditors (us) or have their entire company liquidated to pay them off. I wasn't willing to front the entire cost of the petition myself, but sharing the cost of the legal fees among a bunch of people who've been substantially harmed by Alpha-T is something I'm definitely keen on.

I've notified them of my intentions to pursue legal action if they refused to refund my final payments made and I will not be stopping with a simple judgment in a county court, which they will refuse to pay anyway (there are already three judgments against them, I'm told, none of which have been satisfied at this point). I have, of course, not received a response.

They are a sinking ship, and Akram is doing his best impression of the band playing on, as the Titanic sank.

Offline fightalpha

« Reply #1633 on: December 01, 2014, 10:56:33 PM »

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1634 on: December 02, 2014, 11:10:15 PM »
FreeJack, right on.  I know someone in BTC talk tried to put you down but principal is principal. Right is right. Justice is justice. Good luck on your suit.  Just make sure that all the participants count the cost and are willing to lose what they give the lawyers just in case it does not work. But if you can afford it or can gather it from multiple customers then I say go get em...  Keep us posted.  I got my refund so I am out of this game but I am sorry that there are others still not compensated. Don't give up.