Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 356517 times)

Offline OrangeGator

Re: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!
« Reply #1605 on: October 16, 2014, 11:28:42 PM »
Well, I finally was able to get back 817.5GBP, a 50% refund  of my deposit from AT today.  Between the 10% drop in GBPUSD from when I paid and now, I am still down $1479.8  The refund was issued by AT, not Paypal.  Paypal still has been of no help so far.  I did get a voicemail from a person in the Executive Escalations department of Paypal today though.  So, there may still be hope for the other 817.5GBP to be refunded.

Offline OrangeGator

« Reply #1606 on: October 16, 2014, 11:36:03 PM »
Someone posted this email from Alpha-T in their forum.  Sounds like things are really not going well for them, and they don't expect to be in business much longer.

Hello there,

In regards to our ongoing court dispute we must first state as per our cancellation policy it has been over 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer eligible for a refund. Please note we have been very clear and open with our terms of order, it was released as a news update, it is easily available on our website and you are urged to view it on the product page before you order. The DSR only applies to consumers and you are a business customer with us. I can assure you that our legal matters are dealt with by a leading law firm in the UK. Our terms of order are completely legal in the UK. It was typed up by solicitors who specialize in this area of law. They have advised us that all our customers will be legally classed as businesses for many reasons, one being that the hardware we are selling can only be used for mining cryptocurrencies which is a business practice according to UK law. So we assure you we have done our research on this; we wouldn't be having this discussion if we were breaking the law. Having said that we, and we're sure you feel the same way, would like to avoid having to go to court; this would avoid you having to travel to the UK, pay court fees and having to wait until December in hopes of a refund.
So to save both our time we would like to settle this now, we want to refund you %65 (leaving the vast majority of your funds with you and only %35 for us to pay for the expenses of your order) of your total payment as a gesture of goodwill. Please understand this has been no small undertaking and the vast majority of the funds have now gone into the production of these devices as was the point of this project which was clear from the start. We are under extreme financial pressure and to expect anything higher this late in the process is not realistic as the funds aren't there and to be perfectly blunt we may not be by December.

If you agree to this as a full and final settlement please advise. Your refund will be issued both via PayPal and bank transfer. For an international bank we will need an IBAN and/or an account number (please ensure it is not your local bank account number but the longer one used for international transfer), a swift code and/or your banks address, your account name and address. Please try to provide all or as much of this information as possible in case we run into any issues to save us from having to email again to ask for it. For a UK bank we will only need your account number, sort code, your account name and address.

Regards,

Offline alucard80

« Reply #1607 on: October 17, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »
i'm still hoping that AT pulls through, after so many companies failing in this area.  I only paid the initial 30% for the smaller miner, and then they allowed me the option to pay after they have a completed miner, I really don't have any complaints (besides it taking so long).  if they don't pull through, i'm only out the 30%,  i'll take is a loss when I do taxes next year.  i'm not worried about it too much.  I always tell anyone that wants to get into bitcoins, "don't put in any money that you aren't willing to just shred."...  i'm a little peeved at KNC right now, though. they did great their first and second times out of the gate, but then screwed everyone afterwards.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1608 on: October 20, 2014, 07:03:21 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the silence.  One would think that receiving the ASIC chips at AT and getting right to finishing up the prototype would have been posted as a video already to show the world that they are ready to make their miners. Well, it is the third week of October and nothing.  Can't wait to see the machine I will never get.  I have my full refund from PayPal so all I do now is watch to see the carnage happen. And to help anyone I can to get their money back.  Tick tock...

Offline Kuikens

« Reply #1609 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
Is there any miner coming to the market within 3 months that can make ROI on litecoins?
When taking into account the high power costs in Europe, a 250MH miner wouldn't make me more than 10% of the GBP 5400 A-T is still advertising their 'SOON to be delivered' miners.
Even competition that charges about 1/4th of these prices per MH won't make any ROI.
How is this possible?
In a economic model the prices of miners should drop to the point of possible ROI and profits, or the difficulty should drop, because miners that lose money on power costs should stop mining, or the price of LTC should go up...
If you are a long term believer in LTC, you should buy coins directly, or wait for the price of miners to drop by 90% at the same price/difficulty as today.

Offline stfn

« Reply #1610 on: October 28, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
PayPal refunded me a part of my payment! It took some time and a few emails but finally I received my money! Just keep mailing them and mention reference numbers:

BC-003-447-192-336, 55H06240T7828644W, PP-003-445-867-319, PP-003-445-870-529 and PP-003-445-874-083

Only too bad I paid the larger part of my order in BTC and bank transfer.

Offline OrangeGator

« Reply #1611 on: October 29, 2014, 02:28:15 AM »
Was the refund issued by Paypal, or by Alpha-T?  How much was refunded?

PayPal refunded me a part of my payment! It took some time and a few emails but finally I received my money! Just keep mailing them and mention reference numbers:

BC-003-447-192-336, 55H06240T7828644W, PP-003-445-867-319, PP-003-445-870-529 and PP-003-445-874-083

Only too bad I paid the larger part of my order in BTC and bank transfer.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1612 on: November 02, 2014, 04:42:50 AM »
So. Here we are. Nov 1st. No Oct shipment. No prototype. No update. No NOTHING. Good thing I got my full refund when I did.  Not too late.  Get that refund before they go bankrupt in Dec.  Hope you all get your money back soon.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1613 on: November 07, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »
I see no one is interested any longer in the AT saga.  It is now 7 Nov and not a peep from AT.  I am so glad that I got my full refund of the 30% down payment I made to AT.  And for those of you who did not follow this thread, PayPal did give me the refund.  Well, this will be my last entry unless AT opens up and things change. Fat chance on that happening though....

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1614 on: November 07, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
I see no one is interested any longer in the AT saga.  It is now 7 Nov and not a peep from AT.  I am so glad that I got my full refund of the 30% down payment I made to AT.  And for those of you who did not follow this thread, PayPal did give me the refund.  Well, this will be my last entry unless AT opens up and things change. Fat chance on that happening though....

I am interested but there is not much more to say.  I've filed a lawsuit against them.  I can't really comment much more until there is a resolution.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1615 on: November 07, 2014, 09:38:37 PM »
I hope you are successful forceflow. I will look here to see your results...

Offline FreeJack2k

« Reply #1616 on: November 10, 2014, 06:33:21 PM »
I requested a 60% refund and instead, they just refunded my pre-order payments via PayPal...which was significantly less than what I asked for. Not to mention the fact that in the time since I made the pre-payment, the dollar's strength against the pound has gained so much that I've actually lost a bunch of money by getting the refund that way. I have followed up, but I don't expect them to do anything without being forced to via litigation. The Bitcoin I paid them for final payment is long gone.

I'm seriously considering pursuing something in small claims, using the methods described on the fightalpha site. I'm wondering if anyone outside the UK has had success with this - I'm in the states.

Obviously knew it was a risk going into pre-orders, so I went into it with my eyes open - but Alpha-T seemed to be on the up and up for the bulk of the year. Unfortunately as things have gone further and further south and their business practices have gotten more and more sketchy, I've started to become real suspicious of them. The fact that they are radio silent now and we've had so many delays, and they're giving out partial refunds to people, makes me strongly suspect that what they've actually done is made everyone pay for the production of their hardware, which they can now deploy themselves to mine with...while paying none of the costs, themselves. Meanwhile, perhaps thousands of customers are left swinging in the wind. I fully expect "Alpha Technology" as an ongoing concern to shut down before the end of the year, while the "Brothers Akram" continue to mine with the hardware we all paid for.

If this could be proved, I'd love to see a massive takedown happen. I gave them the benefit of the doubt longer than most, but I've become extremely suspicious of their motives and business practices.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:33:16 AM by FreeJack2k »

Offline hallo_frosch

« Reply #1617 on: November 15, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »
A Message out of the Grave ;-)

Offline FreeJack2k

« Reply #1618 on: November 16, 2014, 02:47:53 AM »
LOL The patented "update next week" response. Wonder if that'll happen anything like the video of the prototype, which was going to be done "quickly" or the update "early next week" they promised a month ago.

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
« Reply #1619 on: November 16, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
LOL The patented "update next week" response. Wonder if that'll happen anything like the video of the prototype, which was going to be done "quickly" or the update "early next week" they promised a month ago.

If there is equipment/chips/hardware they are likely mining with it already.

That shouldn't be a huge surprise.