Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 360018 times)

Offline OrangeGator

Re: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!
« Reply #1590 on: October 04, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »
[email protected] PAYPAL!!!  >:(

I just called again because the dispute is still showing closed.  They told me that the ticket request to reopen the dispute was denied, and that they cannot reopen it and never issue refunds after 45 days.  Such crap!

@ljcowned

Could you please provide your Paypal dispute number that was issued the refund?  It looks like I will be writing Paypal's legal department asking for the refund, and would like to use your dispute as precedent that Paypal does issue refunds after 45 days.  Thanks.

Well, I wasn't as successful as ljcowned, but after 3 separate calls to Paypal today, they finally agreed to reopen my dispute that was closed on July 30th due to being past 45 days.  The representative said that her manager was manually reopening the dispute because there were some "discrepancies" on the seller's account.  She said I should hear back from Paypal in 24 to 72 hours with an update.  So, there is still hope.  Keep calling Paypal and putting pressure on them to issue refunds!

Offline lbr

• Elite Member

Offline Forceflow

• Elite Member
« Reply #1592 on: October 06, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
http://postimg.org/image/mul320zw1

no comments.

LOL.  Nice try.  What a joke.  I'll post some images of Leprechauns.

Offline Kuikens

« Reply #1593 on: October 06, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »
Update: https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-06102014/

Greetings Miners!

The assembly of the Viper dies from ASE in Taiwan is progressing very well. In fact, it is several days ahead of the planned schedule. The wafers are currently being processed into packaged devices on a fast track turn-around. The first image shows a wafer after the dies have been separated (sawn) and the other image shows a die after it has been attached to the custom HSBGA substrate and subsequently wire bonded.

The present status is that all parts are at the epoxy over-mould stage which includes fixing the heat slug as a preliminary step. After this, the remaining steps are ball attach, plating, laser marking, device singulation and final visual inspection. The committed ship-out date for the Viper chips has been brought forward to 9th October. Once the chips are delivered a video demonstration will follow and shipment will commence.  On a side note we would like to apologise again for the slow response from our payments team, we are still extremely busy but we are working our hardest to deal with your requests as fast as possible.

Best Regards,
Mohammed Akram
Director

Offline Kuikens

« Reply #1594 on: October 07, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »
If these Vipers could cure Ebola, they would still be worth anything, despite the fat delays.
Those victem numbers rise faster than LTC diffculty...

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1595 on: October 07, 2014, 10:07:30 AM »
PayPal did not reopen my dispute and I do not have that dispute number. What the rep did do was to instantly refund my 30% down payment into the paypal account I have. I then immediately transferred that money back into my bank account. Today I saw it posted so the money is indeed back in my bank account. As I stated in an earlier post, I told the rep that I was not interested in reopening my case but instead wanted to talk to their Customer Protection Service or their PayPal Legal Dept. When I said this and told the rep about all the deception that came from AT, she told me that she would refund my money solely due to AT completely missing their 30 Sep shipment deadline. Since they missed this deadline, they were in breach. The rep asked me if I had received the unit yet and I said no. Then she refunded me the money.

Offline OrangeGator

« Reply #1596 on: October 07, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »
Thanks.  It sounds like you spoke to a much more helpful rep.  Would you be willing to PM me your original Paypal dispute number to use as reference in my letter to Paypal?

Thanks!

PayPal did not reopen my dispute and I do not have that dispute number. What the rep did do was to instantly refund my 30% down payment into the paypal account I have. I then immediately transferred that money back into my bank account. Today I saw it posted so the money is indeed back in my bank account. As I stated in an earlier post, I told the rep that I was not interested in reopening my case but instead wanted to talk to their Customer Protection Service or their PayPal Legal Dept. When I said this and told the rep about all the deception that came from AT, she told me that she would refund my money solely due to AT completely missing their 30 Sep shipment deadline. Since they missed this deadline, they were in breach. The rep asked me if I had received the unit yet and I said no. Then she refunded me the money.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1597 on: October 10, 2014, 07:36:18 PM »
Found this article that summarizes some of the history of Alpha Technology from an outsider article perspective:

Alpha Technology Viper Scrypt Miner Shipments Delayed till October
by Polina Chernykh on Tuesday, September 30th, 2014 8:49am EDT Leave a comment

UK mining company Alpha Technology has postponed the start of its mining hardware delivery.
Photo: Alfa Technology

Photo: Alfa Technology

British company Alpha Technology announced that it will delay shipments of its Viper miner until October.

Speaking to Coindesk, the company’s director Mohammad Akram told: “We are doing our best to ensure our customers receive the highest quality of product, which is performing at, if not better the advertised hash rates and power usage requirements advertised and do not want to rush anything which would undermine that.”

Alpha Technology is currently testing its new miner. After passing the quality control, the firm will start mass production.

According to Alpha Technology, the delay was caused by a number of problems. The firm stated: “It’s absolutely thrilling for us that we are going to be able to ship you your miners at any moment now. However, we do realize that making batch one happen has not turned out exactly as .we all had hoped and planned, and just like you: we are very disappointed with that.”

The first batch of miners was ordered in January and the firm planned to start shipments in July. Still, the date was cancelled and the company said it was due to its disputes with PayPal, as Alpha Technology could not access the users’ money held by the payment processor.

Then the firm planned to ship the batch in September. Akram told: “We are aware that there [are] some customer complaints regarding the delays etc. However, I would like to point out that we have increased the minimum hash rate tenfold from 5 Mh/s to 50 Mh/s, and 25 Mh/s to 250 Mh/s, and are looking to meet, if not outdo, our estimates on the power efficiency requirements. These changes, together with the problems we have had with PayPal, have naturally resulted in delays, which have been problems completely out of our control.”

The company noted that it has launched a loyalty scheme in order to “give back” to those who made their orders. Initially, the firm wanted to hand out the shares for those affected by the delay, but then developed a loyalty scheme.

It stipulates giving half of the stockholder dividends’ price to the first customers. Those, who bought 50 MH/s or 250 MH/s Viper miners until August 31st, 2014, will receive the money.

Akram noted is targeted at setting high standards in the mining sector in the following years. He said: “Out of all the startup companies like ours, who had started from scratch in the scrypt mining market, most have been delayed significantly or failed altogether, as a result of some of the high level competition which cropped up from some of the bigger players in the bitcoin market and well-funded companies.”

Alpha Technology is sure that the cost of scrypt altcoins will escalate and thus bring new market opportunities.

Akram added: “The problem seems to stem from those who are in it for the short term, and only thinking about short term ROI, and are dumping coins as soon as they are mining them. This seems to have had a negative effect on the value of these coins.”

End of article

Too bad this writer missed all the deception along the way....

Offline ljcowned

My PayPal Reversal Info
« Reply #1598 on: October 13, 2014, 04:38:02 PM »
Here is the information showing that I did indeed get a reversal and full refund from PayPal for the 30% down payment I initially paid to Alpha-t.  I hope this helps you all get your money back. 

I am Randal Shoup

Reversal (Unique Transaction ID # 55H06240T7828644W)
See related 6YU14735AK051702W  ( This was my original Jan 4 purchase ID.)

Original Transaction
       Date                                   Type                                      Status                                                         Details                                                                           Amount
 Jan 4, 2014   Payment To Alpha Technology (int) Ltd    Reversed      PayPal reversed this payment and returned the money to your PayPal account.         -£405.00 GBP

Related Transactions

Oct 3, 2014   Reversal    Completed    ...   £405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   -£405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   $629.87 USD

Business Name:   
   Alpha Technology (int) Ltd
Email:   
   [email protected]

If this was helpful to you and you want to make a BTC donation:

1PEkPx2o6uXABysUjLJFeFkabFyhTrgbDB

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:51:13 PM by ljcowned »

Offline Kuikens

« Reply #1599 on: October 13, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
Update: https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-chip/

Greetings Miners!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported us throughout this journey. We know there has been some speculation about us and our project and we are now glad to finally put that to rest, and show you proof of our fabricated and packaged Viper chips that are now in hand.

This is a major milestone and hurdle we have overcome in terms of risk, time and money. Now that we have working chips all we need to do is assemble these and ship; we are of course currently assembling the devices and shipping will follow once this is complete. All fully paid orders should be ‘processing’ and will change to ‘completed’ once the order has shipped. We will also be quickly releasing a video demonstrating our chips hashing as an update to the community.

Where many new ASIC companies have failed to tape-out and produce working chips we have succeeded. While we are regrettably late in our shipping schedule please note our hash rates are still 10 times originally promised and with our profit sharing scheme not to mention the batch 1 loyalty bonuses we believe we have done our best to make up for this. Generally speaking most if not all ASIC manufacturers have never delivered on time and with batch 1 soon behind we have every intention of taking what we have learned and overcoming this in our next generation product.

Best Regards,
Mohammed Akram
Director

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1600 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:20 PM »
One thing that i am glad about is that those who still want an Alpha-t batch 1 miner will still get their miner.  My work partner ordered one, paying with BTC and decided to stick it out. He feared that those who got refunds (me) would cause him to not get his miner. Well it seems that his fears of losing out were unfounded. So I got my refund and he will get his miner. Good for him.  I am still glad to have received my refund in full. The ROI from the 50Mh unit might have been realized over a very long period of time but I am glad to not have to wait that long to get it.  Someday I might get a miner from some company. One thing is for sure, I will never pre-order something that does not exist ever again. Lesson learned. Thank goodness that it was not a costly lesson for me. For any others of you that want that refund, you better strike quickly before they ship.

Offline OrangeGator

« Reply #1601 on: October 13, 2014, 11:43:50 PM »
Glad you got your money back.  And thank you for helping others do the same.  It does appear that AT may eventually ship something, but it will never reach ROI, even if they meet their advertised speed and power usage.  But almost no asic has ever met their predicted power usage.

My prediction is that the AT Viper 250 will use 25% more power at 2350W, or they will have to underclock and deliver a slower miner at 200Mhs.

One thing that i am glad about is that those who still want an Alpha-t batch 1 miner will still get their miner.  My work partner ordered one, paying with BTC and decided to stick it out. He feared that those who got refunds (me) would cause him to not get his miner. Well it seems that his fears of losing out were unfounded. So I got my refund and he will get his miner. Good for him.  I am still glad to have received my refund in full. The ROI from the 50Mh unit might have been realized over a very long period of time but I am glad to not have to wait that long to get it.  Someday I might get a miner from some company. One thing is for sure, I will never pre-order something that does not exist ever again. Lesson learned. Thank goodness that it was not a costly lesson for me. For any others of you that want that refund, you better strike quickly before they ship.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1602 on: October 14, 2014, 05:52:02 PM »
I posted my PayPal refund information earlier but forgot my BTC address:

If my info was helpful to you and you want to make a BTC donation:

1PEkPx2o6uXABysUjLJFeFkabFyhTrgbDB

Thanks

Offline fightalpha

« Reply #1603 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:12 PM »
Lots of people are getting refunds: http://fightalpha.net "WIN" section

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1604 on: October 14, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »
Absolutely awesome!!!  It is just too bad that AT had to be so closed-mouthed and deceptive concerning their progress. Had they been more forthcoming and given updates, good or bad, then maybe they would be in a better place. But it is good to hear that people are not stuck...