Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 353315 times)

Offline Mindsync Miner

• Incoherent Ramblings
Re: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!
« Reply #1575 on: September 26, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »
Anybody receive any refunds to date?

Reposted from Bitcointalk:

Hope this isn't off topic but does anybody know anything about address 1C7ySAGbhrqdneDMC3sDSbxhoX3p7yHYUa
Blockchain.info says it originated out of Stockholm.
I have requested my refund from Alpha. I paid full (or rather foolishly) for a 50MH Viper.
Today I received 108 milliBits from that address.  Please don't tell me that is the extent of my refund.

On the face of it seems unrelated to Alpha.

Offline Kuikens

« Reply #1576 on: September 27, 2014, 11:16:11 PM »
New A-T update: https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/

Dear valued customers,

With much regret, we unfortunately have to announce that despite our biggest efforts, it is unlikely that we are able to meet our target shipping date for September. Instead, it will slip into October.

Nonetheless, there is also very good news: we are very pleased to announce to you that the tape-out process has successfully finished. This means that we have arrived at the last phases of development, which is the testing phase. Once these tests have ensured that the hardware passes our strict quality demands, mass production of the devices will commence and shipping will start accordingly. This is a big achievement for our company, as the pressure from all the competition that has cropped up since we started has forced us to make changes in our designs to bring you an on-par product that matches or exceeds the performance of competitor products.

As far as batch one is concerned, our miner products will be some of, if not the, most power efficient devices on the market today, and will beat even our own originally quoted performance targets. We expect to have more details about that shortly.

Our chips have come out of the fab as wafers, and they are currently at the assembly house to be sawn (sliced) and packaged.

Without further ado, we proudly present our fabricated Scrypt boards. Please see the pictures of their front and back:On a different matter:

As you’re well aware, our customers are an extremely important part of our business and for that reason we have been doing our utmost best to increase the value of your order as much as reasonably possible, such as raising the hash rates whilst maintaining a good, or even better, power ratio.

We cannot express how grateful we are to you for making our work possible, and we are very delighted that you have joined us for batch one. It’s absolutely thrilling for us that we are going to be able to ship you your miners at any moment now. However, we do realize that making batch one happen has not turned out exactly as we all had hoped and planned, and just like you: we are very disappointed with that.

We really want to give back to those of you who have stuck with us through this difficult period, and reward you in the best way we can. As a result, we have designed a special loyalty scheme for all of you have completed your batch one orders. Whilst we orginally had hoped that we would be able to realize this in the form of shares, after carefull exploration of that option we have determined there are simply far too many legal ramifications for everyone, which makes it next to impossible to do it this way. Our legal and accounting team has therefore come up with another method for rewards.

All customers whom have placed an order for a 50Mh/s and/or 250Mh/s batch one Viper on or before 31 August 2014 are eligible to participate in the scheme, subject to compliance with some limited conditions which sare set out in the Scheme Rules which can be found on this page: https://alpha-t.net/loyalty-scheme-rules/

Customers willing to participate must opt in to the scheme by 31 October 2014 by completing an application form, which can be found on https://alpha-t.net/loyalty_scheme_membership_form.doc. The completed form must be e-mailed to us no later than 31 October 2014 5:00PM UK Time (GMT) on [email protected]. The application form will be removed from our website after this deadline, and no further applications can be accepted.

The scheme will run for five financial years, commencing with the financial year ending 31 August 2015 and ending with the financial year ended 31 august 2020. Payment of a bonus is condititional on the Company declaring a shareholder dividend following any particular financial year end.

If a dividend is declared, a special bonus pool will be created for our scheme members which will amount to 3/7 of the value of the shareholder dividend. This pratically means the following: should the shareholder dividend amount to £70,000, the value of the bonus pool will be £30,000. The bonus pool will be shared between all members of the loyalty scheme.

The bonus pool shall be distributed amongst the eligible customers in proportion to the value of orders placed and paid for by customers. We’ve described how this work in more detail in the Scheme Rules. However, in a short explanation: essentially, if your order amounted to 1% of the value of orders received from scheme members: you will be entitled to 1% of the bonues pool. Please understand that this is a very short explanation that has no contractual effect. We urge you to read the Scheme Rules for full details on the exact working of this program.

We are very excited about giving you this option, as it demonstrates our gratitude to our customers, and our determination to make sure that our customers see a real return from their investment in Alpha Technology’s products. We have full confidence that our valued customers will be very pleased with their decision to stick by Alpha as we grow over the coming years. We hope as many of our customers as possible sign up for the loyalty bonus scheme, and we look forward to receiving your completed application forms within the shortest notice possible.

We believe that not many other start-ups that would find themselves in our shoes would have continued their business, and would have given up a long time ago without any future prospects. We hope that we have proven to you that we are more than willing to adapt to the demanding market and evolve. We have ambitious plans for the future that will be shared in due course, and as always: if we have more news for you, we will send another announcement.

Thank you for your time and patience!

Kind regards,
Mohammed Akram
Director

Offline hallo_frosch

« Reply #1577 on: September 30, 2014, 02:42:59 PM »
So this is all what you can get from Alpha this Month, another lame excuse for there incompetents ?

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #1578 on: September 30, 2014, 05:23:01 PM »
PayPal just updated their terms and conditions to allow chargebacks up to 180 days. Active Nov 18th.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Offline artilectinc

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #1579 on: October 02, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »
PayPal just updated their terms and conditions to allow chargebacks up to 180 days. Active Nov 18th.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

I can attest through the experience I had with Flower technology that if enough people dispute their PayPal purchase regardless of the length of time, PayPal will reverse all charges for those who request it.  45 days 180 days 300 days, it doesn't matter.  If the company violated PayPal's Preselling terms and conditions, it is fraudulent behavior and customers get full refunds.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1580 on: October 02, 2014, 10:20:22 PM »
I just got off the phone with PayPal. Be advised that although they have a policy of 45 days before and now 180 days starting in Nov 2014, if enough people who used PayPal will just call them and discuss this dispute, they will continue to add to a "collective" complaint list and if enough people complain about AT then they will go after them. They do not have enough yet so CALL CALL CALL them.  The person I spoke to at PayPal also emailed me a form that I can fill out to start up an FBI report for the FBI to go look into this matter and see what they can do. I would say that all of us should also go to that link and file a grievance so the FBI can fight in our behalf. Here is the information I just received from PayPal:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Jorge and I am happy to assist you. If you did not open a dispute on a transaction within 45 days, you aren’t covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. However, you can still file a report online through the Internet Crime Complaint Center, or IC3.

The IC3 was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints.

The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant. They will process your complaint if they receive accurate and complete information from you.

When filing a complaint, provide the following information:
•   Your name
•   Your mailing address
•   Your telephone number
•   The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
•   Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
•   Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.

You can file a complaint with the IC3 at www.ic3.gov.

To learn more about PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy, go to www.paypal.com and click "Security and Protection" at the top of the page.
Don't forget, we're always around if you need us. Just click "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page to visit our improved Help Center.

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."

You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.
Sincerely,
Jorge
PayPal Customer Solutions
PayPal, an eBay Company

By the way, I still have an active case with Bank Of America. I just sent them a 23 page fax containing my complaint along with several emails from Alpha Technology that shows how they have been deceptive to us along the way.  Their emails are the best way to demonstrate what they promised us and how they have led us along.  I plan to send as many of those old forum emails and other AT emails that I received. There is plenty of evidence that AT tried to make themselves look good on paper but have produced nothing but excuses all this time. I even have some of the UK laws posted by some of you from this forum and from the BitCoinTalk forum referred to so that the FBI can contact the appropriate agencies in the UK to look into Alpha Tech activities and practices.

You know, AT could have just kept things simple and refunded whomever wanted to be refunded but instead they have broken their own country's consumer protection laws. I guess they thought no one who is their customer is competent enough to read things for themselves and take action. Well, I think there are plenty of us who are willing to take action.

Don't miss out. Call PayPal and file with the FBI to start the process of seeking justice concerning the practices of Alpha Technologies.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1581 on: October 02, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »
I finally took a look at:  fightalpha.net . One of the things they have pointed out there is to file a report with the police fraud department. I just did it and it was easy. Go to that site and look up the forum post concerning filing a report. The more customers file against this company the better.  I also filed against Akram.  AT can continue to explain why they will not simply refund money to those who do not want their empty promises.

Next I plan to take the time to contact the FBI and file a report with them.

Offline OrangeGator

« Reply #1582 on: October 03, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
Hi All.  I've been reading the Flowertech thread here.  https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7930.2955  It is very similar to the AT situation, and may of them have filed Paypal disputes.  Most have been denied refund due to being pay the 45 day period.  However, some people have been successful in escalating their claim, and getting a refund.  There is a letter being circulated via PM that contains a list of Paypal dispute numbers of people who filed claims.  This is used to show a pattern of fraud.

I would like to create a similar list of Alpha-T paypal dispute numbers to include in an escalation letter.  Please either post your dispute number here or PM it to me.  I will modify the Flowertech letter to use with Alpha-t.  I will then PM it to those that would like it.  Here is my Paypal dispute number

PP-003-310-141-347

Thanks

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1583 on: October 03, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
According to PayPal call center person, they have already started a list of Alpha Tech customers who used PayPal but can't get a refund due to PayPal time constraints. Regardless of this restriction, PayPal is keeping track now of those of us who still want a refund. If enough of us just call PayPal and submit a combined complaint, PayPal will go after Alpha Tech. So as I said before, CALL THEM and get on the list.

Offline ljcowned

« Reply #1584 on: October 03, 2014, 08:47:13 PM »
Tada!!!  Unbelievable! I went back to PayPal after reading that others have pressed PayPal with escalating to their Protection department or PayPal legal, and when I brought this up, the person on the other end said that many more Alpha T customers are on the list and regardless of Alpha T terms of purchase for refunds, since they have not shipped the unit to me and do not have a unit as proof that it exists, I get my money back NOW !  All I need to do now is go to PayPal and transfer the refund they just gave me for my 50Mh ghost unit and put that money back into my bank account!!!!! 

I did take the time to fully explain the original refund policy of AT. I also made it clear about how AT took final payment and had to stop in July after the CC processor found out they did not have a product to ship. I also told the person that after I paid for my unit in January 2014, that AT sometime much later in the year tried to categorize all of us customers as businesses. The call center PayPal person was aware of all these things. She told me that her decision to give me back my money is solely based on no product being able to be shipped at this time. There is no way AT can wiggle out of this one. They have no product to ship, regardless of all the other conditions they tried to impose and lies they tried to tell to us.   Their day is over.

I suggest that if you used PayPal as payment, now is the time to strike and call back. Ask to escalate directly to their Protection or Legal department and make clear how you paid and never got your unit as promised by AT's own imposed NLT ship date of 30 Sep. You should be able to immediately get your money back.

Offline OrangeGator

« Reply #1585 on: October 03, 2014, 09:45:11 PM »
Well, I wasn't as successful as ljcowned, but after 3 separate calls to Paypal today, they finally agreed to reopen my dispute that was closed on July 30th due to being past 45 days.  The representative said that her manager was manually reopening the dispute because there were some "discrepancies" on the seller's account.  She said I should hear back from Paypal in 24 to 72 hours with an update.  So, there is still hope.  Keep calling Paypal and putting pressure on them to issue refunds!

Offline artilectinc

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Elite Member
  • Troll Paladin
« Reply #1586 on: October 04, 2014, 01:37:23 AM »
Well, I wasn't as successful as ljcowned, but after 3 separate calls to Paypal today, they finally agreed to reopen my dispute that was closed on July 30th due to being past 45 days.  The representative said that her manager was manually reopening the dispute because there were some "discrepancies" on the seller's account.  She said I should hear back from Paypal in 24 to 72 hours with an update.  So, there is still hope.  Keep calling Paypal and putting pressure on them to issue refunds!

That is usually all it takes.  If they manually open up a case and they state there is a discrepancy then it means Protection Services is investigating the seller.

Offline Kuikens

« Reply #1587 on: October 04, 2014, 09:22:45 AM »
After disputing the transaction with CC company, I received and E-mail from PayPal they reopend 1 case that was first closed directly because outside the 45 days period.
So people keep pushing PP and your CC company.
It's simple: You ordered and paid for a Viper to arrive by July 2014 and you received 0 (and will probably never receive anything).
Act now while there still might be a chance to recover funds...

Offline OrangeGator

« Reply #1588 on: October 04, 2014, 06:54:42 PM »
Does your dispute show as open on your Paypal account, or does it still show closed?  I spoke to Paypal yesterday on the phone and they said they would manually reopen mine for further investigation.  However, my old dispute still shows as closed on my account.

After disputing the transaction with CC company, I received and E-mail from PayPal they reopend 1 case that was first closed directly because outside the 45 days period.
So people keep pushing PP and your CC company.
It's simple: You ordered and paid for a Viper to arrive by July 2014 and you received 0 (and will probably never receive anything).
Act now while there still might be a chance to recover funds...

Offline Roston

« Reply #1589 on: October 04, 2014, 07:29:15 PM »
Sadly I can only get my deposit from Alpha back via paypal as I paid the full amount with Payza, does anyone have any help or advice with payza? I filled with them a few months ago and was instantly rejected from their complaints depart.