Author Topic: LTC wallet .dat file problem  (Read 882 times)

Offline alonsas

LTC wallet .dat file problem
« on: December 22, 2015, 07:32:22 AM »
Hello,

Few days ago my EHDD was formated by mistake, and ofcourse there was my wallet.dat :((
So I made a recovery, olmost everything was recovered but there's only: Pictures, Video, archyves, partitions, audio, documents catalogs with files in it. And I can't find my wallet.dat because program (diskdrill) wich I recovered with made all fiels name something like : file000001, file0000002.... And I can't find .DAT...
So my question maybe program wich recovered my files replaced file format? What would be friendest format to that wallet.DAT? Where I should search it?

Offline Xardas

• Elite Member
Re: LTC wallet .dat file problem
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:35:35 AM »
In my experience all the file00000 files are incomplete/unrecoverable. The program gives it that name because it can't determine what file type was found actually is.

If you have enough ltc at stake, disconnect the drive and send it to a professional for recovery. If that is not an option for you, then try other file recovery programs to see what they find. YOU SHOULD NOT BE LETTING ANYTHING WRITE TO THIS DRIVE!!!! Don't even let it get defrag'd or let any program update to it. Disconnect it from the internet because even sites you visit will be setting cookies and your browser will be storing site history etc. etc. All that is writing stuff to the drive which can overwrite your wallet.dat.

Often I have recovered data after having to try several recovery programs, so don't give up.

Offline alonsas

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:25:27 AM »
Thanks. I'll other programs.

Offline Rockyroad

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 02:09:42 AM »
Were you able to recover the .dat file?