Author Topic: Can't connect to litecoin core pool  (Read 780 times)

Offline idenatin

Can't connect to litecoin core pool
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:03:00 AM »
Hello,

I'm attempting to solo mine litcoins using USB dual miners using cgminer. Using this configured version of cgminer 3.5.0 I can successfully detect my dual miners.

Here is the link to the configured version: http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/cgminer-3-5-0-windows-download/

However, I cannot connect to my litecoin core pool to solo mine. I am running my litecoin-qt and my dual miners on the same computer. Here is my litecoin.conf file:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=3333
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

When I run my cgminer, everything is working up until the point it attempts to establish connection with my pool. I get this error: Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid.

Here is my cgminer conf file:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:3333 -u user -p pass --dualminer-pll 850 --hotplug 1

By the way, I am running litecoin-qt and a server, so that isn't the issue. This is my first time mining litecoins so I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
Re: Can't connect to litecoin core pool
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:43:38 AM »
I don't think you can solo mine litecoins anymore. I'm pretty sure that has been removed from the code.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
Re: Can't connect to litecoin core pool
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:12:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure that it is incredibly hard to make any profit at all from solo mining. That's why I'd recommend using another pool with plenty of other miners.

Take look at something like WeMineLTC, Coinotrono, F2Pool, Litecoinpool.org.

And I'm also pretty sure that CGMiner can't connect directly to the Litecoin Core software without something like P2Pool running on top of it.