Author Topic: Why isn't LTC interesting?  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
Re: Why isn't LTC interesting?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 07:54:09 AM »
You are projecting here. Just because you are hoping for a pump so you can sell it does not follow that everyone who holds Litecoins will.

I BELIEVED. I didn't sell for FOUR MONTHS

four months ? lol weak hands, try holding for 4 years.

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 03:56:58 PM »
You are projecting here. Just because you are hoping for a pump so you can sell it does not follow that everyone who holds Litecoins will.

lol yup, held on to my original coins for 3 years here... never sold a single coin for fiat. The only coins I moved were to buy stuff directly with LTC, then I bought more coins to replace the ones spent.

Offline Ace of Wands

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »

lol yup, held on to my original coins for 3 years here... never sold a single coin for fiat. The only coins I moved were to buy stuff directly with LTC, then I bought more coins to replace the ones spent.

Was any of that "stuff" bitcoins? That's the game. Sell worthless litecoins to trusting fools for their bitcoins. Tell the truth now.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2015, 04:55:43 PM »
Was any of that "stuff" bitcoins? That's the game. Sell worthless litecoins to trusting fools for their bitcoins. Tell the truth now.

Currently the market agrees that each [ltc] is worth around 3.60 USD, not quite worthless.

Offline AmDD

• I like coins
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2015, 01:29:22 AM »

Honestly, I did try to play the market for awhile and each time I got burnt so I quit. After that the only 'stuff' was actual goods. Miners, computer hardware, services, and donations. Truth.

Offline treasure_finder

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »

Honestly, I did try to play the market for awhile and each time I got burnt so I quit. After that the only 'stuff' was actual goods. Miners, computer hardware, services, and donations. Truth.

Me too. Tried trading and sucked at it. Now I just hold, buying a bit more here and there. I don't have any real plan to sell, and am in no rush, so I'm happy to just wait and see what happens.

Offline BugSpirit

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »
I know OP long go but still.

Bitcoins rose for 2 reasons: ponzi scheme and capital control in China. Both of them don't touch litecoin sphere so lite stayed (almost) the same in terms of dollars. Then one way or another ponzi will come to an end and those chinese capital control evaders will sell their bitcoins for fiat cause they never intended to hold them at first place. Moreover, in 2016 bitcoin will reach its artificial chokepoint and it's pretty unlikely the "consensus" solution will come in time. Also I believe that mining halvening is not fully capitalized right now as market need some time to feel the relief of reducing of mining pressure.
So I feel litecoin will outperform bitcoin in 2016. It is hated coin right now both from bitcoin ("see? I told you noone needs litecoin. there is only one true crypto") and lesser coins ("we are developing faster than old lite"). I don't know where we go in terms of dollars (too many variables like when  will chinese politburo raid exchanges) but in terms of btc at some point lite will be much higher.

Offline dumbledore

• i am wizard.. avrkedra!
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 11:02:27 AM »
There is a lot of hype around btc and ltc, but it has been really performing badly for the past 3 months or so.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I am afraid I will not be.

If LTC manages to reach $20 this year, which one would expect with all the hype on this forum, bitcointalk and reddit, I will donate 50 LTC.

Offline shyliar

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »
There is a lot of hype around btc and ltc, but it has been really performing badly for the past 3 months or so.

If LTC manages to reach $20 this year, which one would expect with all the hype on this forum, bitcointalk and reddit, I will donate 50 LTC.

Well that will be the equivalent of $1000 US you'll be donating this year then dumbledore. I know you're not optimistic.

I'm of the opinion that the limitations on transactions with the Bitcoin network will help encourage litecoin usage. Embracing Litecoin fully by the Bitcoin community helps solves the problem for the time being. Bitcoin has been advertised as a currency from the beginning even though the transactional limits were known (at least by those who actually investigated a little). Unfortunately the people and investors that were sold on the idea of it being a currency are  disappointed when limitations and facts become clear. This disappointment will have a largely negative impact on adoption.

Accepting Litecoin as being Bitcoins Silver increases the capacity of the partnered coins significantly. Not to mention the positive image impact to investors. Frankly the negativity in the cryptocurrency community has never been higher. This has a negative impact on adoption of both coins.

In the spirit of your generous but, un-optimistic plan to donate 50 Litecoins if it hits $20 in 2016 I'll optimistically match your donation.

Offline dumbledore

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »

Well that will be the equivalent of $1000 US you'll be donating this year then dumbledore. I know you're not optimistic.

I'm of the opinion that the limitations on transactions with the Bitcoin network will help encourage litecoin usage. Embracing Litecoin fully by the Bitcoin community helps solves the problem for the time being. Bitcoin has been advertised as a currency from the beginning even though the transactional limits were known (at least by those who actually investigated a little). Unfortunately the people and investors that were sold on the idea of it being a currency are  disappointed when limitations and facts become clear. This disappointment will have a largely negative impact on adoption.

Accepting Litecoin as being Bitcoins Silver increases the capacity of the partnered coins significantly. Not to mention the positive image impact to investors. Frankly the negativity in the cryptocurrency community has never been higher. This has a negative impact on adoption of both coins.

In the spirit of your generous but, un-optimistic plan to donate 50 Litecoins if it hits $20 in 2016 I'll optimistically match your donation.

I wouldn't see it as $1k, but as 50 LTC. And I would justify it by telling myself that I only paid a fraction of that $1k for it.

I'd be willing to donate that to a good cause of Coblee's choice for the simple reason that it would increase my personal wealth; a thank-you gesture.

Offline shyliar

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 12:45:14 AM »
Well at the current exchange rate to Canadian dollars I would view it as being $1417.15. No justification required.

We'll contact Coblee sometime this year then to find out his prefered charity.  :)

Offline dumbledore

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 04:42:41 PM »
Well at the current exchange rate to Canadian dollars I would view it as being $1417.15. No justification required.

We'll contact Coblee sometime this year then to find out his prefered charity.  :)

You're talking like you know it's going to get to $20. I don't really believe in it, that's why I made that offer/suggestion/bet/whatever-you-want-to-call-it in the first place. But I'll stick to my word if it does; however, I would be surprised if it sees even $10.

The year just started, so lets just wait and see ;)

Offline shyliar

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »
Yes I agree I am talking that way. I'm looking forward to the idea that we might both give away 50 litecoins. It definitely would make for an interesting year.

Offline Xardas

• Elite Member

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member