Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Official FutureBit MoonLander USB Scrypt Stick Order Thread  (Read 12429 times)

Offline r00tdude

Re: [OPEN] Official FutureBit MoonLander USB Scrypt Stick Order Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 01:05:48 AM »
I'm in for 49 of the remaining 130. I'm building a stick farm of Gekkos, so I might as well do the same with Moonlanders for double the fun. Sure it's not even close to being an ROIable proposition, but I'm an addict and admitting I have a problem is half the battle. I'm also a sucker for custom rigs... Anyway, I sent you a PM and asked for some timelines so I can temper my excitement about the project a bit - hit me up with some kind of idea when these might actually land on a doorstep, and I'll ante up. I understand from reading the thread there's still some work to be done...

One question - is there any thought to limiting the depth of the heatsink a few mm? Looking at the video, I really liked the small heatsinks. Of course I could buy some on eBay and replace the ones I receive... but if it's not possible, of course I'll ply my own path with it.

Peace,
r00tdude

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 01:51:25 AM »
I'm in for 49 of the remaining 130. I'm building a stick farm of Gekkos, so I might as well do the same with Moonlanders for double the fun. Sure it's not even close to being an ROIable proposition, but I'm an addict and admitting I have a problem is half the battle. I'm also a sucker for custom rigs... Anyway, I sent you a PM and asked for some timelines so I can temper my excitement about the project a bit - hit me up with some kind of idea when these might actually land on a doorstep, and I'll ante up. I understand from reading the thread there's still some work to be done...

One question - is there any thought to limiting the depth of the heatsink a few mm? Looking at the video, I really liked the small heatsinks. Of course I could buy some on eBay and replace the ones I receive... but if it's not possible, of course I'll ply my own path with it.

Peace,
r00tdude

Replied to your PM, but ill repeat here for everyone else. Im placing component orders as we speak, and hope to assemble and start shipping in a few weeks. Things were delayed for about a week, and we also have Christmas coming and I wont be able to do any work that week, so realistic estimate is for last few days of December and beginning of January for shipments to go out. It will take the PCBs 2 weeks to get here since im trying to keep prices as low as possible.

I have reduced the heatsink as much as I can... I wanted to keep it beefy since I know you guys will push the stick. For normal USB2 power you could probably get away with a smaller heatsink (ie 500kh @ 2.5 watts), but if your going to run it near 1mh (thats 5-8 watts) on a powered hub your going to need the heatsink it comes with and lots of airflow.

Offline Nolist3d

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 03:06:17 AM »
Thought I should post in here as I have been enjoying playing with the miner.  I do not post on this board as much as bitcointalk.  I am Notlist3d longtime and legendary member over there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=105355

I can verify I was selected for testing a prototype of this device. It has been a lot of fun, if your from the GPU day's it will bring back a lot of memories with being able to mine scrypt.  It's amazing what they can do with one asic chip.  I had not mined scrypt for a while since I sold my A2 but this device allows me to mine a little and have fun.

Here are some pictures of prototype:

For slideshow and higher resolution pictures: http://s100.photobucket.com/user/notlist3d/slideshow/moonlander?sort=3

So the device does exist in prototype, and does work. I have not went into numbers yet as I am using a backup hub on my raspberry pi, which does not have as much electricity.  I need to get another hub to show this miner justice.

Offline Jayke

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2015, 05:32:25 AM »
Thought I should post in here as I have been enjoying playing with the miner.  I do not post on this board as much as bitcointalk.  I am Notlist3d longtime and legendary member over there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=105355

I can verify I was selected for testing a prototype of this device. It has been a lot of fun, if your from the GPU day's it will bring back a lot of memories with being able to mine scrypt.  It's amazing what they can do with one asic chip.  I had not mined scrypt for a while since I sold my A2 but this device allows me to mine a little and have fun.

Here are some pictures of prototype:

For slideshow and higher resolution pictures: http://s100.photobucket.com/user/notlist3d/slideshow/moonlander?sort=3

So the device does exist in prototype, and does work. I have not went into numbers yet as I am using a backup hub on my raspberry pi, which does not have as much electricity.  I need to get another hub to show this miner justice.

Very cool, would be nice if it had a fancy casing :)

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:37 AM »
OK ...they are like popcorn .... i plan to get 2 more as well to the 3 already on order (silly no ROI toys are soooooo tempting)

considering I've had the sidehack 8gh sticks (btc) for 2 months and can't get them up yet ...well it may take a village here folks to get these working

but I'm trying

(using the compaq evon800v ..not able to go beyond XP ugly free laptops that I use to monitor my 2 titans with putty on unbuntu 12.04 (don't go any higher
then that ....or graphics card will choke on such old stuff as above) but painless install ...go to folder store get free putty app install ...tells you if you need to
auto upgrade also painless...but then you get into doing say cgminer (no luck) or bfgminer (have not tried yet) and it is a whole nother world...but anyway
for montioring scrypt equip with people tossing these older...no go beyond xp...laptops it is a slick fix let me tell you ...at least me using GUI putty method above)

ack! Unbuntu ack! so out of my depth

anyway will get you the 4 LTC tonite as soon as I've mined the little buggers out of the 'ether' :)

Searing

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2015, 07:23:01 AM »

I wish..I actually considered it but it would have literally added another 10 bucks to the price. Dont think that would be worth it for just a fancy case ;) If I get around too it I might post some 3d designs that can be printed and snapped on over the fins of the heatsink.

Offline deeneendo

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2015, 08:22:02 AM »
12 for me please!

Offline boy2k

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »
Keep me posted if any become available :)

Offline Jayke

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2015, 08:56:07 PM »

I wish..I actually considered it but it would have literally added another 10 bucks to the price. Dont think that would be worth it for just a fancy case ;) If I get around too it I might post some 3d designs that can be printed and snapped on over the fins of the heatsink.

True, never considered that.

Offline Tech2K

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »
2 for me. I already emailed and pm'd the info for the LTC deposit. Thanks.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »
Keep me posted if any become available :)

I have a little over 50 left.

Offline jadefalke

• it's only me Honey, don't worry
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 10:07:24 AM »
my deposit for the 25 Sticks is still not in your List, ca you please double check?

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2015, 05:19:11 PM »
my deposit for the 25 Sticks is still not in your List, ca you please double check?

List is updated your all set!

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »
The batch is officially sold out! Thanks to all that put their trust in me and ordered in advanced of shipping. Things are still on track to get these assembled and start shipping end of Dec/first week of Jan so all the orders keep an eye on this thread and will keep you updated. Ill ask for final payment + shipping when I can ship your order within 24 hours. These will be shipped out in the order I received original requests (check the order sheet the list is in the right order). Ill post more detailed instructions closer to shipping date.

Offline wiggl3r

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2015, 09:28:35 PM »
The batch is officially sold out! Thanks to all that put their trust in me and ordered in advanced of shipping. Things are still on track to get these assembled and start shipping end of Dec/first week of Jan so all the orders keep an eye on this thread and will keep you updated. Ill ask for final payment + shipping when I can ship your order within 24 hours. These will be shipped out in the order I received original requests (check the order sheet the list is in the right order). Ill post more detailed instructions closer to shipping date.

I just hope you dont require several days of maintenance week that were required to be used days earlier