Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Official FutureBit MoonLander USB Scrypt Stick Order Thread  (Read 12025 times)

Offline surfguy72

Re: [OPEN] Official FutureBit MoonLander USB Scrypt Stick Order Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 06:37:26 PM »
Please add me to waiting list too.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 09:19:17 PM »
I have expanded batch size to 400 units, and removed people who had not submitted deposits by now so there are now 130 units up for grabs. All the people still interested please follow the instructions at the first post and send the 2 LTC per stick you want to the public address and ill add you to the list.

DONT SEND LTC FROM EXCHANGES DIRECTLY.

Im hoping to wrap things up this week with the final design from tester feedback, and make component orders by end of the week. With holidays coming up there might be a week delay on shipments depending on how fast I can get pcbs etc.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
Still taking orders?

I'll take 10, will send deposit later tonight EST.

Hey expanded batch size...130 units left as of right now so if you want your 10 units just send me the deposit and ill put you on the list!

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »
A statement on the Litecoin Association's view on purchasing items through the forum LitecoinTalk.org

You, the consumer, make purchases of a "FutureBit Moonlander" with deposits made directly into a Litecoin Address provided by the seller, with no guarantee of the product being shipped. You must take precaution(s) when purchasing such items from a sole trader, and is not registered as a company.

Be prepared to only spend money that you are sure to that you will be able to afford the potential losses. The Litecoin Association promotes 'escrow' as the preferred method of payment to sole traders who are not yet prooved to be entirely legitimate.

We do understand that this may be a legitimate sole trader with the intentions of providing you, the customer, with the mentioned goods. The Litecoin Association cannot make any guarantee the delivery of purchased items, and thus, this message must be made clear.

Purchase at your own risk. The Litecoin Association neither promotes or dispuite the selling of goods and instead promotes for potential customers to put great consideration into their purchase.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 06:22:36 AM »
A statement on the Litecoin Association's view on purchasing items through the forum LitecoinTalk.org

You, the consumer, make purchases of a "FutureBit Moonlander" with deposits made directly into a Litecoin Address provided by the seller, with no guarantee of the product being shipped. You must take precaution(s) when purchasing such items from a sole trader, and is not registered as a company.

Be prepared to only spend money that you are sure to that you will be able to afford the potential losses. The Litecoin Association promotes 'escrow' as the preferred method of payment to sole traders who are not yet prooved to be entirely legitimate.

We do understand that this may be a legitimate sole trader with the intentions of providing you, the customer, with the mentioned goods. The Litecoin Association cannot make any guarantee the delivery of purchased items, and thus, this message must be made clear.

Purchase at your own risk. The Litecoin Association neither promotes or dispuite the selling of goods and instead promotes for potential customers to put great consideration into their purchase.

I find this post hilarious...especially coming from someone who is in the "Litecoin Association."  I am well known in both litecoin and bitcoin communities and have done nothing but help out and try and promote litecoin since I have been here. You have not posted anything similar anywhere else, and I question your intent in this post. Especially since real scams are all over this forum and litecointalk has turned mostly into a LTCGear Scam seller forum anyway.

Its people like you that make me want to just reconsider this project and refund everyone and forget about litecoin. I have put all my free time into this project, and alot of people are excited about it. Im sure everyone that knows me here would agree with me, and find your post WAY out of line and offensive. If I was taking full price for this project with private addresses, I could possibly see you warranting posting something like this. I have taken a small deposit to ensure the people that say want a stick, will end up buying a stick when I ship them. If anyone it is only me that can get screwed over since im paying thousands to buy the components out of my own pocket, and spending countless hours to assemble, write the driver and ship these. As you can clearly see in the public project address not a single litecoin has been touched, nor will be touched until way after all the sticks have shipped. If someone wants to pay their final amount with escrow, they can by all means do so, but a public project address by a trusted member of the community (and please prove otherwise) is just as safe.

"Registered Companies" as you put it are the ones that have scammed and ruined the name of litecoin/crypto currencies in general, and have made the users, including myself, not want to deal with it at all anymore...which is the reason why Litecoin wont grow. I am trying to do the exact opposite, and generate some life into litecoin with a small fun community driven project, that has been completely open and transparent since the beginning, and can maybe grow into something bigger in the future.   

Go troll someone else, and actually do something productive with your "LA" title that will HELP the litecoin community instead of hinder it. Maybe your first course of action would be to create a sticky of exactly what you posted, for everyone to see...instead of discriminantly posting in just this thread for absolutely no reason. Oh and go post this in every LTCGear seller thread as well...you have a lot of work to do.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:44:36 AM by jstefanop »

Offline Mr. Jinx

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »
+100000 jstefanop
I can't believe what I'm reading here, this must be a joke. Is this message really from the LA, or was this just a one man action.
All those ltcgear scam topics without a warning. You start a good project (which I fully trust) and you get this...
I really hope you will continue this project and don't be negative because of one single person.

Offline December

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 01:40:44 PM »
Just thought I'd weigh in with my support as well jstefanop.

Please don't be put off with this extremely ill considered attack.
One would think that someone from the Association Development team would be encouraging you in you're efforts!!!

A little research on losh11 part before commenting would not have gone amiss given he has made this post on behalf of the Litecoin Association. Frankly, I'm appalled this disclaimer has made solely in this thread. It is utterly odious behaviour. A new low in a fora that to be quite honest I thought had plumbed the depths.

Does lead one to re consider the veracity of the often made comments regarding how close the links were between the Litecoin Association and LTCgear really were. Till now I had dismissed them out of hand.
Of course, he could just be thinking you are the owner of LTCgear, you have shown a degree of technical skill after all  ::)

For those that don't follow the similar threads on BTCtalk let me point you at the following :-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256818.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1248914.20

The recent posts by user notlist3d are salient.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »
Just thought I'd weigh in with my support as well jstefanop.

Please don't be put off with this extremely ill considered attack.
One would think that someone from the Association Development team would be encouraging you in you're efforts!!!

A little research on losh11 part before commenting would not have gone amiss given he has made this post on behalf of the Litecoin Association. Frankly, I'm appalled this disclaimer has made solely in this thread. It is utterly odious behaviour. A new low in a fora that to be quite honest I thought had plumbed the depths.

Does lead one to re consider the veracity of the often made comments regarding how close the links were between the Litecoin Association and LTCgear really were. Till now I had dismissed them out of hand.
Of course, he could just be thinking you are the owner of LTCgear, you have shown a degree of technical skill after all  ::)

For those that don't follow the similar threads on BTCtalk let me point you at the following :-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256818.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1248914.20

The recent posts by user notlist3d are salient.

Thats funny you mention that as I was going to put something along the lines of "Maybe I should accuse you of being beekeeper himself, and your pissed that this legitimate project is taking potential money away from your scam" on my post.

Anyway the MoonLander is still scheduled to land on the Moon so no worries there, I'm just disgruntled by the state of this forum and the leadership of Litecoin in general, and that post pretty much embodied whats wrong with the current state of affairs and made me go on a rant ;)

I don't want to derail this thread...there are still about 100 units left, but I'm still placing component orders in a few days for the full 400 batch regardless if it sells out or not so no rush on anyone still considering.

Offline Jayke

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
Sorry to derail, but IMO the success (of the scam) that was LTCGear was IMO based off the discussions/sales on this forum. Something that the staff never took into consideration was if it went tits up, they allowed free trading without warnings. I would not see it as an attack, but them trying to protect their users after the whole LTCGear situation which I think is fair enough.

Good luck with your sales.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
I understand everyone's frustrations with the post I made.

It's not just me from the LA who always reccommends the people can only afford to loose. This has been made clear from the start of the LTCGear sales, yet when people were scammed people were blaming us for not protecting them enough.

Obviously I'm greatful for this product if it turns out to not have any scams associated with it, what you are doing is something which no ASIC company is doing - cheap ASICs for Litecoin.

Let's just say that there have been a couple of failed projects which promised products, seemed to have real and trustworthy employees, etc. but then it soon turned out to be a scam. There was the scam that the OP was waiting for 2 years even before accepting preorders, and these people also show great electrical engineering skills; scammers put a lot of time into making sure that their projects seem as realistic as possible, and that's why people need to know that message.

The LA always warned that LTCGear and its sellers may be a scam.
You see that, 'may', we are not saying that this is not legit. It's a warning that people who potentially may purchase you products must listen to, this message wasn't just explicitly put on just your thread, it been made hundreds of times. The LA doesn't actively post this much in the LTCGear section of the forum as we've threaded that message and repeated it, oh so many times.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
I understand everyone's frustrations with the post I made.

It's not just me from the LA who always reccommends the people can only afford to loose. This has been made clear from the start of the LTCGear sales, yet when people were scammed people were blaming us for not protecting them enough.

Obviously I'm greatful for this product if it turns out to not have any scams associated with it, what you are doing is something which no ASIC company is doing - cheap ASICs for Litecoin.

Let's just say that there have been a couple of failed projects which promised products, seemed to have real and trustworthy employees, etc. but then it soon turned out to be a scam. There was the scam that the OP was waiting for 2 years even before accepting preorders, and these people also show great electrical engineering skills; scammers put a lot of time into making sure that their projects seem as realistic as possible, and that's why people need to know that message.

The LA always warned that LTCGear and its sellers may be a scam.
You see that, 'may', we are not saying that this is not legit. It's a warning that people who potentially may purchase you products must listen to, this message wasn't just explicitly put on just your thread, it been made hundreds of times. The LA doesn't actively post this much in the LTCGear section of the forum as we've threaded that message and repeated it, oh so many times.

Like I said, I'm not disappointed in the fact that you are warning people about potential scams....I wish that was done more often. My issue is that you have specifically targeted this project, when its the only project that has gone out of its way to make sure people that have been burned by scams feel safe about it. I have been burned by those same companies you mentioned, and is one of the reasons I even started it in the first place.

What other thread have you put that message on? I don't see anything in your post history going back over a month that shows anything similar. Hell, there are seller threads that are selling equipment of more value than what I have collected in Litecoin so far for this project. That message should not be in this thread, but a much more thorough one posted and sticked at the top of this forum and cloud mining forum.

Also the longer LA keeps choosing to think that LTCGear "may" be a scam the longer Litecoin will take to get out of this rump.

This is my last post regarding this topic, please keep this thread on topic for MoonLander orders and open a new thread in an appropriate forum if you wish to continue this discussion.

Offline Ǫ̶̷̕͜Ź̛ḿ͜a͞͞͠͏ś̡͟͠͡t́͏é̴r

• Crypto is the future!
    • Coinbar
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 06:45:47 PM »
how's it lookin man :)?

Offline surfguy72

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
I'm in on 5

Offline deeneendo

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
+1 jstefanop and @ Litecoin Association:

You'd be well advised to keep your members from promoting either scammy or legit businesses and refrain from issuing warnings
 against anyone.

Let people do their due diligence.

Your credibility has suffered a lot from some of your members still finding excuses for beekeeper and does anyone rememebr fibonacci?

To avoid further damaging your image, you should just not comment on other companies or individuals efforts anymore and focus on promoting and advancing Litecoin instead.

Thank you jstefanop, again, for doing something for the community, and although I am cautious of preorders, let me say that this is one project I fell confident enough in to order a small batch.

Offline surfguy72

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »
I didn't see the reminder as an insult, just an FYI.  It caused me to pause and do a little more homework.   

Hope this project is a success,  last night was the first night in a year I was excited about mining again.   If these pan out, I could see a larger version being a huge hit!