Author Topic: Exchanging BTC/LTC for fiat  (Read 649 times)

Offline newtocrypto

Exchanging BTC/LTC for fiat
« on: November 18, 2015, 01:57:59 AM »
I am new to crypto, but I want to get my ducks all lined up so I might as well start now.

I presently am living in Taiwan but thinking about moving to the Philippines in the near future where I have relatives.

As I accumulate BTC/LTC, there will be a time when I will want to convert that to USD and have it deposited directly into my checking account in the United States.  When I need money from that account, I will use Xoom to transfer it to wherever I am.

Can anyone recommend reliable exchanges where I can do this?  I am using my son's address in the USA, but I have a "non-USA" phone number.  Would that be a problem if I want to deposit in a USA account?

Any input anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
Re: Exchanging BTC/LTC for fiat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:52:16 AM »
I am new to crypto, but I want to get my ducks all lined up so I might as well start now.

I presently am living in Taiwan but thinking about moving to the Philippines in the near future where I have relatives.

As I accumulate BTC/LTC, there will be a time when I will want to convert that to USD and have it deposited directly into my checking account in the United States.  When I need money from that account, I will use Xoom to transfer it to wherever I am.

Can anyone recommend reliable exchanges where I can do this?  I am using my son's address in the USA, but I have a "non-USA" phone number.  Would that be a problem if I want to deposit in a USA account?

Any input anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Given your international status, im not sure if it would work (I dont know off the top of my head what country's they operate in), but you could try coinbase. However they only deal in BTC.

Offline levi8457

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
Thanks.  I will check them out.  Someone else sent me an email saying to contact coin.ph which I have done.

Offline wiggl3r

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »
I use Circle and Coinbase.

Easiest way is to just exchange LTC to BTC, then transfer the BTC to Coinbase or Circle then have it deposited into your US bank account.

I am not 100% sure if having a non US phone number will be a bad thing for these services.

When I was alot more active in the BTC/LTC scene, I would deposit BTC into Circle on Monday, and on Thursday the $$$ would be in my bank account.

Offline Zaykov

• LTC BEAST
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 08:57:18 PM »
You need only coinbase account and shapeshift, that's how I do it - LTC to BTC with shapeshift and as output address I give my BTC address in Coinbase on my EUR/USD wallet. They automatically convert it, I just press withdraw and voala! 2 days later I have the fiat

Offline Xardas

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 09:05:31 PM »
Coins.ph is what you are looking for in the phils.