Author Topic: Mobile-friendly Litecoin pool block count needs you!  (Read 753 times)

Offline tracerx

• bitblk.com
Mobile-friendly Litecoin pool block count needs you!
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »
Hello guys!

Long time member here, new alt account to sync with my account on BTCTalk--feel free to ping me there, too.

I've built a little mobile-friendly pool block counter that helps me keep track of daily and weekly blocks found by the mining pools, but we've got so many awesome pools in the LTC space that I could use some help.  Here's the list I have right now (in no order), based on me clicking around on the internet:

LitecoinPool.org
F2Pool
LTC1BTC
CleverMining
GHash.io
8 baochi
WeMineLTC
TBDice.org
Give Me Coins
NiceHash

Some of these larger pools find more than a hundred blocks a day, and while I don't want to exclude them, I do want to include the smaller independent pools that are helping distribute hash.

Please let me know what pools I'm missing, and drop me a line if you are a pool owner and hook me up with your mining address so I can identify your pool on the blockchain.

Finally, I include a list of empty blocks on the BTC side of the tool.  In your opinion, how are empty blocks affecting the LTC network as it operates today?  Should I list that information in the data, or is it overkill?  Let me know, I'm interested to hear.

tldr; Shoot me LTC pool info not on the above list.  Do empty blocks hurt the LTC network?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:53:35 PM by tracerx »

Offline loshia

Re: Mobile-friendly Litecoin pool block count needs you!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:29:49 AM »
Hi,
Nice work  ;)
Here is my pool address for ltc.tbdice.org, so you can add it in the list

LSd8MAk6UVm1rrP3kXQupoXJEhPZRxYaWA

About SPV mining
My opinion is that it is very bad for all coins in general. LTC makes no exception. Unfortunately  the BIGEST pools especially Chinese ones do not care and they do it on purpose most of the times. Sad....
Best
PS: if you can add SPV block count/empty TX blocks next to each pool also it would be great. Having that info available will help folks out there to AVOID SPV pools at any cost if they care about health of the coin they are mining
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:42:48 AM by loshia »

Offline tracerx

• bitblk.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:08:32 PM »
Hi,
Nice work  ;)

About SPV mining
My opinion is that it is very bad for all coins in general. LTC makes no exception. Unfortunately  the BIGEST pools especially Chinese ones do not care and they do it on purpose most of the times. Sad....
Best
PS: if you can add SPV block count/empty TX blocks next to each pool also it would be great. Having that info available will help folks out there to AVOID SPV pools at any cost if they care about health of the coin they are mining

I will do both, thanks for your time!  I've already got the code for SPV blocks, I'll flip the switch today to make them easy to see!

Offline tracerx

• bitblk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 06:11:55 PM »

Added; this will be pushed into production in the next ten minutes!

Offline tracerx

• bitblk.com
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »
About SPV mining
Best

I've pushed the SPV block display up, it's pretty scary looking.  F2Pool obviously doesn't care about the health of the network, although there are many, many empty blocks on other pools.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:13:41 PM by tracerx »

Offline loshia

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »
Grat work!
Thanks. Let us see how TBDice will handle empty blocks stat ;)

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 09:51:23 PM »
Holy crap! This is really, really useful.
Interesting to see empty block from SPV pools.

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 09:56:45 PM »
Just a suggestion: would it be possible to put a percentage of empty blocks per pool.
Also an time tool showing when the page was last updated? (You might have to use the blockr.io last update time if you are completely relying on their live API)

Offline tracerx

• bitblk.com
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 11:12:33 PM »
Just a suggestion: would it be possible to put a percentage of empty blocks per pool.
Also an time tool showing when the page was last updated? (You might have to use the blockr.io last update time if you are completely relying on their live API)

The percentage is next on my todo list!

The date and time that the data was pulled is at the top of every page--I'll change the verbiage to include 'updated' so it's more clear.  Balancing things to run smoothly on a mobile, e.g. limiting copy that would wrap weirdly, is sometime a challenge.

I link to blockr because I think they have a nice product and I'm not trying to build a block explorer.  I actually use an instance of Toshi for the BTC and LTC data!

Thanks for your time and feedback, I appreciate it greatly.