Author Topic: AlcheMiner Scrypt-II Project  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Tom Soong

AlcheMiner Scrypt-II Project
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:03:32 AM »
Launched last year, our Alchemist successfully won 20% of the entire LTC mining shares.
Thank you all for your support of AlcheMiner.
Now to your delight, we are thrilled to initiate a new Scrypt project.
The AlchemistII will bring you a whole new level of mining experience!

About our team
Mr. Tom Soong, CEO of AlcheMiner, has accumulated abundant RTL development experience in Digital TV and Digital Media Player chips when he served Realtek Semiconductor Corp. He also supervised world’s first 28nm Bitcoin miner IC development project. Our engineering team comes from Mediatek and Realtek and boasts decades of system-level and IC design experience. AlcheMiner’s core team graduated from U. C. Berkeley, National Taiwan University, National Tsing Hua University, and National Chiao Tung University. With a solid technical backgound, AlcheMiner launched its 1st generation 40nm scrypt miner last year which relentlessly beat our competitor’s 28nm miners.

The brief spec is as below.
Scrypt 2 chip:
*Hash rate: 2Mash/s
*Power consumption on the wall: 3~4J(1.5J~2J/MHash)
*TSMC 28HPC tech node
*Full custom design
*The value may change in the real product

Miner:
AlchemistII-128
*Hash rate: 128Mash/s
*Power consumption: 280W(on the wall)
*2 hash boards
*Built in control board
*Plug n play
*Support BFGMINER update
*Traget reseller price: $1299
*6 month warranty

AlchemistII-512
*Hash rate: 512Mash/s
*Power consumption: 1150W(on the wall)
*8 hash boards
*Built in control board
*Plug n play
*Support BFGMINER update
*Traget reseller price: $4950
*6 month warranty

We plan to gather $5 million to $7 million for the AlchemistII project.
As for the project fundraising, we are looking for potential investors to join us in the grand mining project.

Investment options
Option A:
Amount of investment: $50,000
Return: Receive the first batch miners worth $50,000 (with 15% discounted price)

Option B:
Amount of investment: $500,000
Return:
a. Receive the first batch miners worth $500,000 (with a decent discounted price)
b. Reseller right

Option C:
Amount of investment: $1 million
Return:
a. Receive the first batch miners worth $1 million (with a decent discounted price)
b. Regional exclusive right

Option D:
Amount of investment: $1 million
Return:
a. Receive the first batch miners worth $1 million (with a decent discounted price)
b. Mask share

It will take about five to six months for the first batch to be launched in the market after the fundraising goal is met. We look forward to having all the ambitious miners to join us in this grand project.

For detailed information of the options, please contact us.
Mail: [email protected]
Wechat ID: tomsoong2
Skype ID: tomsoong2

Tom Soong, CEO of AlcheMiner.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:36:01 AM by Tom Soong »

Offline Searing

• Clueless
Re: AlcheMiner Scrypt-II Project
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:15:57 AM »
Well unless you can get them out n the next month imho the price is too high. I can get Titans now for 3K on ebay and this www.litecointalk.org site. So if those prices are for 6 months from now imho you maybe out of luck on these home miners.

Others can chime on here...but hell I had the chance to get a 350mh Titan 3 weeks ago for 2k and passed listed here on www.litecointalk.org ...the boat don't float at least for 'home miners' ...maybe data hall use in CHINA at 2c kwh elec or some such thou ..or your OWN internal use in a data hall (like the plug for IPO $$ by the way heh rich newbies heh)

So we need some more 'clarity' and a way, way more realistic price :)

I'd also go for a 1 year warranty ...folk MIGHT be more likely to get these units on such...but with asic mnfg launches of the past with both btc and ltc being like 'dogs' the first 2 months on the firmware (including your previous product..hey I know you did your best but still) ...it is another reason to pass

I'll let others chime in here but the above is my view (at this time) feel free to change my mind if you can :)

(then again the china data hall market maybe you would be fine on this ...but home mining ...er not so much I would not count on it)

dit: re-read the above ..you expect these prices and those speeds to HOLD six months from now? Sure hope LTC booms in price and you are correct
       but again imho for home miners this is way, way too long to ship a product at those speeds and those prices imho.

Again others can chime on here

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 01:16:06 PM »
Why did you not use a similar account to last time? Wasn't it "Sophia"? Is this a scam account?

This should be in pre-orders/investing as your Gen 2 is not readily available today and Alcheminer had previously stated they would not create a Gen 2 nor second batch.

Offline sophia

• AlcheMiner - Your Alchemist
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »
Hi. The account is Tom's definitely.
He wants to use his own name.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 06:29:04 AM »
Hi. The account is Tom's definitely.
He wants to use his own name.

Even if this is legit.....the prices for the speed they are saying for a home miner at least is just plain 'undo able' imho on a 6 month timeline.....now as a way to get big buck newbie IPO money to develop this for your OWN alcheminer data hall project...with the side miners as a way to 'promote' well ..not sure that could work...(we have seen it before with BFL, KNC and the rest)

to tell the truth again imho looking at the above you'd have a hard time on those prices and speeds if you could get them out by jan 1st 2016...again imho

well anyway more 'drama' to watch I guess...real or not :)

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 11:54:12 PM »
Why did you not use a similar account to last time? Wasn't it "Sophia"? Is this a scam account?

This should be in pre-orders/investing as your Gen 2 is not readily available today and Alcheminer had previously stated they would not create a Gen 2 nor second batch.

I can confirm this is Tom and its a legit project and not a scam.

Offline redpepper

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »
Does "Plug n play" mean that it comes with a power supply?

Offline Tom Soong

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:57:52 AM »
Does "Plug n play" mean that it comes with a power supply?

Sorry. Power supplu is excluded.

Offline scrpgh

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 06:12:05 PM »

Are you involved in any way? I see Tom mentioned bfgminer.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 08:33:46 AM »

Yes I will be involved.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 06:36:37 AM »

Yes I will be involved.

Heh...good to know. As a 'lurker here' (2 KNC Titan Units) I sure hope their plan for these Alcheminer II miners in 6 months (and the hope of ROI) is really 'viable'...just for me and my Titan(s) as an example.

At 512mh for $4950 usd and 1150 watts say.....getting ROI ..or making some kinda senses ...SIX MONTHS FROM NOW ..hell I may even buy one just in 'gratitude' (no really) :)

Because if those puppies manage to fly in again ..6 months when the hit the world...well as an example 1 of my 2 Titans would be 350mh at 1250 watts as a comparison with already ROI'd (no cost to me) ...well I could easily run in your 'pack' so to speak and still look respectable (esp with no $$$ outlay anymore)

So hope they are correct and their balloon 'floats' in what they see in the future for making these machines....I'd still be golden should such a future come about :)

(back to lurking mode)

Offline baldpope

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »
Lurker here.  The specs are impressive, but ROI on this is next to impossible (some one, please check my math...)

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/calculator

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
Lurker here.  The specs are impressive, but ROI on this is next to impossible (some one, please check my math...)

Yup. Manufacturers don't care about ROI of end users. They need people to buy them, for every one sold, they can produce two for free in their data halls.

Coupled with pre-order fiascos the manufacturer risks nothing.

Buying ASICs you are literally throwing money away and shooting yourself in the foot at the same time.

Sad state of affairs.

Offline jstefanop

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 02:46:34 AM »

Yup. Manufacturers don't care about ROI of end users. They need people to buy them, for every one sold, they can produce two for free in their data halls.

Buying ASICs you are literally throwing money away and shooting yourself in the foot at the same time.

Sad state of affairs.

The manufactures are not really making that much money especially for scrypt chips. Pretty much everyone is at the mercy of what the foundries/chip design houses are charging for these chips. You have to front millions to get a chip produced, and they have to ROI those millions somehow. With the current state of LTC price it does not make sense for manufactures or end buyers unfortunately.  I think wed have to see a 6+ LTC price before these new scrypt chips have a chance of becoming reality.

Offline Sukarti

• Hardcore Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »

Sad state of affairs.

The manufactures are not really making that much money especially for scrypt chips. Pretty much everyone is at the mercy of what the foundries/chip design houses are charging for these chips. You have to front millions to get a chip produced, and they have to ROI those millions somehow. With the current state of LTC price it does not make sense for manufactures or end buyers unfortunately.  I think wed have to see a 6+ LTC price before these new scrypt chips have a chance of becoming reality.

I understand the costs implied, I did a bit of research myself having a few opportunities at VC in prior ventures.

The fact is manufacturers are standing up data halls left/right. And currently a vast majority of it is done on the backs of their "customers".

The business model of most ASIC manufacturers is so horribly broken it's not even funny at this point.

Anyway I'll lay off the topic. These posts aren't specific to Alcheminer so much as the industry as a whole.