Author Topic: I found a nice private torrent site  (Read 845 times)

Offline Xardas

• Elite Member
I found a nice private torrent site
« on: September 18, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »
I've been in torrenting for about a decade and belong to all the most highly prized sites, but I found a new site a few days ago people should give a try.

Most private sites are run by a bunch of elitist snobs acting like little Hitlers and try to control your access to FREE files. They implement wait times, strict ratio requirements, and are generally not open to any discussion about how they run things. Even sending one of them a PM without permission will likely get you banned. It is ridiculous. https://www.twilightsdreams.com/ is VERY different. It is run by people that were sysops/admins of the elitist type sites for many years and got fed up with the BS.

Things work very different at twilightsdreams, even though they DO have a ratio requirement. BUT keeping a good ratio is insanely easy because of "Karma" points. You earn Karma points in a number of different ways, such as idling in chat, uploading(after you get uploader status which is easy. All you have to do is ask), or seeding. You start off with a hefty ratio buffer too. You can trade in your Karma points for several different perks, but upload credits is the first you should consider. Twilightsdreams is connected to scene groups and files are uploaded from the scene by bots using seedboxes. There isn't even a Hit-N-Run script. Just fast free files without all the snobs and dictator attitudes BS. It also has sister sites, run by the same folks, for things like pr0n only, ebooks only, or music only.

I've thought long and hard about whether to post this next bit of stuff, but since so many people are sick of the elitist BS and just want to grab free files without the dangers of a public tracker..........here goes.

Get signed up at twilightsdreams.
Set up a second torrent client you will only use for twilightsdreams and have it put your downloads into a single folder that you will likely never even look inside.
On twilightsdreams browse torrents>in the dropdown select free instead of "active"(to the right of all the category icons)
Sort them by size, smallest first
Download 50 of the small few kb torrents and start seeding them. You get 1 Karma point per HOUR! for each torrent you are seeding.
Trade in the Karma points for upload credit until you are satisfied with your ratio buffer.
Now you can close/uninstall the second torrent client you set up earlier, and even delete the folder with all the tiny files in it.(these will mostly be fonts)

You now have a massive ratio and can download whatever you want for months/years without getting into ratio problems. Don't forget to talk to the owners/mods etc. They are all very helpful and nice people. In fact they are the nicest people I've met in torrenting. After you get to know the people and the site, you will find yourself WANTING to share files with them.

BTW, right now the entire site is freeleech, so if you have the bandwidth and space, you can download wtf ever you want and seed that back, instead of the small files ;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:20:37 AM by Xardas »

Offline cokirix

Re: I found a nice private torrent site
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:39:21 AM »
looks decent.

Offline LiteCornHolio

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:35:39 PM »
out of curiosity what is your oppinion of iptorrents.ru ? :) Been using that myself for quite some time, just as a normal user

Offline Xardas

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 05:55:53 PM »
I'm not a member at IPT. I use TL for my zero day stuff, BMTV for TV, but I check twilight first for any file I might want. I have TL and BMTV on an RSS feed. Whenever I see something I might want, I go to twilight and normally they have it.

Offline crazik

• Administrator
    • great humour zone
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 06:22:41 PM »
Please do not post links to non legal materials.

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 06:08:45 AM »
If anyone has a invite for btn, pm me plz.