Author Topic: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC  (Read 16566 times)

Offline Mattzees

Re: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 03:05:46 AM »

Yep no problem! OH and iirc you were one of the paying folks right? If so, have you upgraded to my latest v99c version? (released a couple weeks back)

Yes, I'm one of the paying folks.  I do want you to know that your distribution method caused me to have to upgrade my sync software, which caused me to lose two weeks of work (and almost a password file).  Not your fault by any means, but it might be good to just have a download link to your new releases, or an FTP account or something like that.  Just sayin'.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 03:45:02 AM »

Yep no problem! OH and iirc you were one of the paying folks right? If so, have you upgraded to my latest v99c version? (released a couple weeks back)

Yes, I'm one of the paying folks.  I do want you to know that your distribution method caused me to have to upgrade my sync software, which caused me to lose two weeks of work (and almost a password file).  Not your fault by any means, but it might be good to just have a download link to your new releases, or an FTP account or something like that.  Just sayin'.

Well thats odd, yeah btsync has been nothing but reliable for me.  Also,  I hope you didnt pay for the "pro" version after 30 days, cuz it actually doesnt force you to pay, keep using it as free, u just dont get the pro features(which doesnt affect basic file sharing). btsync is nothing short of amazing for sharing any number / size of files w/ people across the net, not to mention its all encrypted too.
 I use that for privately sending to people that pay in nonstandard methods(pm or something), basically direct from developer -> end user.
The normal methods are A: its sold on ebay B: its sold on the website bitcoinlasvegas ... I have a parter who goes by vegasguy on bitcointalk , he handles the general public sales / marketing etc. He publishes new releases to people who have an account on he bitcoinlasvegas site.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 03:51:04 AM »
I was a btsync beta-tester, and have been using it for a while.  It seems like the 1.4 --> 2.x upgrade borked the file DB and it overwrote my new files with old ones.  Sadly I didn't catch it right away, and by the time I did, the archives were gone.  I was happy with btsync until 2.x.  That's when the "free" version started nagging me to buy pro.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 03:59:05 AM »
I was a btsync beta-tester, and have been using it for a while.  It seems like the 1.4 --> 2.x upgrade borked the file DB and it overwrote my new files with old ones.  Sadly I didn't catch it right away, and by the time I did, the archives were gone.  I was happy with btsync until 2.x.  That's when the "free" version started nagging me to buy pro.

I tested 1.4 as well, didnt have any hard time going to 2.x on my devices. I did have an issue when I wanted to revert to 1.4, I had to figure out how to restore the old db's which was sleek cuz the upgrade process actually saved the legacy db's.
Ive noticed that once the 2.x "all features free" expires... the nagging goes away. LOL!
But if ur talking about the 1.4 nagging to 2.0 ... that was annoying as hell, I remember I would tell it to stop and it kept nagging me anyways.... some coding error there somewhere =P

Im just happy they left a free version available. Its quite amazing being able to set up ur own private cloud solution and not have to trust ur data to 3rd parties. Heck, I use it to back up my smartphone ROFL!

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 04:15:23 AM »
Yes, the link you sent me wasn't recognized by 1.4, and that's why I upgraded to 2.x.  I would have kept 1.4 otherwise.  It worked fine.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »
I did not manually set them to off, and it does not appear as though your firmware sets them to off once it determines them bad.  I realize though, it is still good to check every now and then in case there is a false positive for a bad die or some other extenuating circumstance.  Not sure if there is need for action here on your part based on that tidbit which I really should of assessed prior as a matter of practicality.

M.Thanks

yeah i got 2 dies set to off 1 each on 2 cubes....i try to get them up once in awhile but with no real luck (frigging knc raspberry pi 8th grade science project)

also keep in mind the original warranty on these units was 90 days...the only reason that it is 12 months now for Titans is they did not change the warranty info from that
of the Neptunes on the www page for more then a bit (I want to guess two weeks) so they were stuck (not that they did any real support anyway)

but my point is it is a 'frigging' miracle that my 2 November 2013 titan(s) work in any manner in that it has been 10 months as of 1st of oct more or less :)

by the by keep in mind that as the 'weather' gets colder ...if you are like me and the units are in the basement i have 2 other dies 1 set at 275 and 1 set to 300 mh I MAY be able to get back up to 325mh in that I had to set them down over the summer ....both dies run hot....by about 7c vs other dies....but they work (knock wood) so keep that in mind if you have the option of your titan space heating your basement (no a/c for me used airflow see link below)

lostgonzo.imgur.com

used a push fan 24/7 with all windows open in summer got to 90F in basement and a shutter exhaust fan over the titans outside ...so slid by ..couple of nervous days but simply left it alone and all was well..just saying :) If anything like last year I'll knock 35 bucks (or more with 2 titans) off my furnace gas bill :)

anyway all that comes to mind ....I suppose if you are brave (I don't have the balls) when the tech video comes out from vegas and glen you could be creative ..myself....I know my Titan(s) hate me and are trying to go to 'doorstop status' at the first opportunity ..so I leave them alone and when in basement try not to make direct 'eye contact' less I piss them off to brick themselves :)

good luck

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 02:40:26 PM »
BTW in regards to kilroy and not setting dies off, the most recent v99c (if u are a paid user will have access to it) ... will properly eventually flag those dies that cause issues (including ones which should normally be set off) for monitoring bypass. If a certain die cause soft / hard resets for a certain number of times within a 2 hour timeframe they will be permanently added to the list to no longer be monitored. The advanced page will show which dies are on this list and the list can be cleared via a button that will show next to that list(helpful if switching cubes on controller ports etc...)
Its best to still set those dies to OFF as thats how its designed. But at least w/ the autobypass ... unattended problematic dies wont cause constant mining restarts =)

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 02:46:22 PM »

The advanced page will show which dies are on this list and the list can be cleared via a button that will show next to that list(helpful if switching cubes on controller ports etc...)

I don't see any list on the advanced page.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 03:04:52 PM »

The advanced page will show which dies are on this list and the list can be cleared via a button that will show next to that list(helpful if switching cubes on controller ports etc...)

It will only show up if dies actually make it onto that list. If you dont see a list in top center, then no dies are currently being bypassed.
The overall procedure for a die to make it onto that list will most likely require several bfgminer restarts(auto soft/ hard reset) spanning over an hours length of time. Then that die will make it onto the list.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 03:07:23 PM »

It will only show up if dies actually make it onto that list. If you dont see a list in top center, then no dies are currently being bypassed.
The overall procedure for a die to make it onto that list will most likely require several bfgminer restarts(auto soft/ hard reset) spanning over an hours length of time. Then that die will make it onto the list.

So basically if I just stop f**king with it, the software will handle everything.  Gotcha.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »

So basically if I just stop f**king with it, the software will handle everything.  Gotcha.
Pretty much =) . If you wanted, you could test it out by actually turning on a die(setting a clock speed) which normally be set to OFF ... then after a couple hours go back to the advanced page and see if that die is on the list in the top center =)
Also, this functionality was only coded into my latest release v99c ... the autobypass wasnt coded into older releases.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2015, 03:53:48 PM »
NOTE TO ALL!!!!! DO NOT USE the upgrade button status page. Its going to be removed from the next release.

Reason: Because the repo is now private, I made the public repo host just the details of the project and release history. So no actual files will be downloaded .. hopefully the upgrade button will just error out when trying to be used =)

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2015, 07:17:54 PM »
ANNOUNCING new release v.99d!!!!

Changes:

Code: [Select]
Added features:
 1. Option in MINING tab to enable / disable API read only access from ALL ip addresses
 (Requires apply & bfgminer restart after changing).

Fixes:
 1. Changed HTML page titles for all webgui pages. Debranded them.
 2. Removed "UPGRADE" button from status page ... no longer used due to making repo private( no longer free )

This release will be available to paid users shortly via your login here:
http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/kncminer-titan-custom-firmware-mod-paid-membership-page/

Free/donation only users: this, and future, releases are not available to you unless you purchase the firmware.

Looking down the road, perhaps next release, will include language selection option starting w/ english & chinese for entire webgui.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2015, 02:05:16 AM »

Changes:

Added features:
 1. Option in MINING tab to enable / disable API read only access from ALL ip addresses

Fixes:
 2. Removed "UPGRADE" button from status page ... no longer used due to making repo private( no longer free )

http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/kncminer-titan-custom-firmware-mod-paid-membership-page/

Free/donation only users: this, and future, releases are not available to you unless you purchase the firmware.

Looking down the road, perhaps next release, will include language selection option starting w/ english & chinese for entire webgui.

by all IP addresses I assume you mean just the 192.xxx.xxx. addresses on my INTERNAL network and I am not opening up access via password to the world?

Just asking ...us clueless people have to do that occasionally (at one time i bought the bfl koolaid..got a refund 1yr and 20 days later but still the stigma remains) :)

by the way it says I"m not a paid member (again) thought this was resolved...I sent vegas an email just saying ....so have not tried it out yet fyi.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:21:46 AM by Searing »

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 02:56:28 AM »

Changes:

Added features:

Fixes:

by all IP addresses I assume you mean just the 192.xxx.xxx. addresses on my INTERNAL network and I am not opening up access via password to the world?

Just asking ...us clueless people have to do that occasionally (at one time i bought the bfl koolaid..got a refund 1yr and 20 days later but still the stigma remains) :)

by the way it says I"m not a paid member (again) thought this was resolved...I sent vegas an email just saying ....so have not tried it out yet fyi.

Its read only by ALL IP's including ANY ip's you port forward through your firewall to the pi
There is no EASY way w/ 100% certainty figure out everyones subnet. So thats why I opted the ALL or NONE route =)

Im not sure about the membership issues, vegasguy handles all that. He seems busy today, havent heard much from him.
If you dont get it resolved soon, I can issue you a link to the btsync share which has the builds in it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:01:59 AM by GenTarkin »