Author Topic: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC  (Read 15834 times)

Offline mindtrip

• Litecoin Association Member
Re: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC
« Reply #150 on: February 29, 2016, 03:49:25 AM »
A lot of hard work is going into this build. It might be the most substantial upgrade to date it's worth the 2 week wait  ;D

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #151 on: February 29, 2016, 08:07:20 AM »
A lot of hard work is going into this build. It might be the most substantial upgrade to date it's worth the 2 week wait  ;D

yeah my ugly way too hot way too  abused 325 setting on dies that work 15 months of this (hey knc said to do this back in the day...now told I should have burnt house down long ago) :)

anyway...will be interesting to see how gen tarkin's auto feature (when it comes out) tries to tell my miners the 'correct' speed etc to run at

hell ....the firmware will probably come back with 'we recommend doing nothing on  this  system will brick itself in the next 10 min anyway..this horse is dead" error message on the attempt!

but seriously .....I may be looking at 25% reduction in hash for 'safer' 'cooler' 'less abused' titans....probably MORE come summer....hmmm......wonder what I will do in such a case :) ...balls to the wall yet .......bingo bang...or be 'prudent' and let it chug safer..not sure I'm kinda 'greedy' :)

never a dull moment with these 'evil' asic machines don't ya know :)

Offline mindtrip

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #152 on: February 29, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »

yeah my ugly way too hot way too  abused 325 setting on dies that work 15 months of this (hey knc said to do this back in the day...now told I should have burnt house down long ago) :)

anyway...will be interesting to see how gen tarkin's auto feature (when it comes out) tries to tell my miners the 'correct' speed etc to run at

hell ....the firmware will probably come back with 'we recommend doing nothing on  this  system will brick itself in the next 10 min anyway..this horse is dead" error message on the attempt!

but seriously .....I may be looking at 25% reduction in hash for 'safer' 'cooler' 'less abused' titans....probably MORE come summer....hmmm......wonder what I will do in such a case :) ...balls to the wall yet .......bingo bang...or be 'prudent' and let it chug safer..not sure I'm kinda 'greedy' :)

The Main thing here is you can expect lower power draw per cube even if your clocked at 325. This will help reduce the load on the DC/DC Chip as well as prevent excess burning/ wear of the PCI-E Power Ports. If you decide in the summer to down clock back to 300MHZ then you can run the tune all over again and see potentially even lower voltage settings per die that will run stable at that lower clock. Overal Id say you can expect about 10% power savings in some cases more some cases less. It depends how good of shape your cubes are in. I personally had a titan melt a few PCI-E Cables after 6+ months of 100% Load with 4 dies set to 325MHZ thankfully I didnt fry anything but the wire

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2016, 07:25:34 AM »
Delete this
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:35:33 AM by Searing »

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2016, 07:32:37 AM »
delete this

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2016, 07:33:56 AM »

The Main thing here is you can expect lower power draw per cube even if your clocked at 325. This will help reduce the load on the DC/DC Chip as well as prevent excess burning/ wear of the PCI-E Power Ports. If you decide in the summer to down clock back to 300MHZ then you can run the tune all over again and see potentially even lower voltage settings per die that will run stable at that lower clock. Overal Id say you can expect about 10% power savings in some cases more some cases less. It depends how good of shape your cubes are in. I personally had a titan melt a few PCI-E Cables after 6+ months of 100% Load with 4 dies set to 325MHZ thankfully I didnt fry anything but the wire

yeah I agree ..probably will tone it back some...but for over 1 year I bought that the Titans could run at 90-95c w/o issue....at least what KNC techs and support told me..
Full out baby .....balls to the wall every die (except the 2 that never worked from nov 2014) 325 setting...and 15 months later and have 1 cube with 2 dies set down to
200 and 225 now and had no burnt connectors of any type (but did replace 4 for seeming to get hotter with the extra new 4 knc sent me 3 months late)

(side note: we probably all should replace the y adapters after 1 year ...just saying)

but again before lightfoot and more details and gen tarkin etc ...I was clueless this first year.....

(yeah I know ...rose colored hash rate)

so hell I just figured they were junk and would blow up at any speed 250mh 300mh or 350mh ....so wtf ran them hard......again .....orig design was 250mh and 90 day warranty

now it seems they MAY last longer then anyone thought...so I maybe should re-think this 'all or nothing' approach in that MAYBE I can mine these at some profit (even if straight elec to ltc) thru next winter......thats the goal and reduced elec rate of 4c kwh...or that is my angle (a guy in Oregon with 3c kwh is roflao in that he will probably be able to mine into 2018) but anyway better then I ever thought with the heat and elec benifits of winter..so oct is my goal baby ) :)

but summer heat is gonna 'suck' and the units will be 18 months 24/7 at whatever speed or 1 1/2 years :) this could all end with me giving donuts to the local fire dept on my step when they all show up and put the fire out ...:) (again the machines are knc thus evil) :)

evil is but evil works it seems...... :)

but they could all blow up tomorrow and truthfully I'd have to just 'shrug' no fricking way should they have even lasted 1 year with the overclocking from 250mh orig design to 350 mh and the y adapters etc....mickey mouse raspberry pi B+ 512mb .....8th grade science project that it is....could be worse ...coulda kept the Neptune and not upgraded to the Titan for an even $$$ swap with KNC ..(shudder...you poor Neptune owners......so tragic..and I mean that without any slam....so screwed with the data hall fill first with knc neptunes with your pre-order money...)

anyway truth be told ..its all cake from now on reality wise..........no matter the speed you run these at ..we are all on 'borrowed time' for sure

anyway my view

edit: by the by how do I delete my 2 previously messed up messages on this thread? Or does the OP have to do so?

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2016, 06:25:37 AM »
wait for it.....    Wait for It............  WAIT FOR IT......................

RELEASE of GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan Firmware v1.0.0 IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-myaccount/ to obtain your FREE UPGRADE and license key(s)!!

New / Unverified previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-shop/ to purchase!!

RELEASE NOTES:

Major Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Added the long awaited “Energy Saver” feature – automatically tunes die voltages for highest effeciency while keeping the die stable as possible & hw% low. ~~MORE INFO http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/energy-saver-faq-help/ ~~
DCDC Over-Current protection – any DCDC’s detected above 46A will be issued a die reset, if that fails then die speed is clocked down significantly to prevent DCDC failure.
Long Term Stability checking for all dies – bumps voltage up on a die if it becomes unstable more than 2x in a period of 2 days.
Per RPI Cube Tracking – if cubes are added, removed or moved around their last known clocks and volts on a given pi will be restored.
Internet outtage / dead pool detection to prevent miner from constantly resetting itself.
Slight webgui redesign.
Product license activation.
Full Copyright & end user license information.
Much smaller installation file.

Additional Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Full translation of webgui pages to 80+ different languages.
Logging file output format refined and also includes more timestamps now.
Optimized timing of die / cube soft and hard resets.
Fixed format of advanced.conf file not being updated properly when user changes/removes/adds cubes or manually sets dies OFF.
ADVANCED page now shows which dies(if any) are being throttled because of DCDC over temp threshold.
ADVANCED page now auto refreshes every 5 minutes.
Noticed in rare cases dies are configured with positive voltage – wrote correction code for this.
For “Energy Saver” implemented cross reboots internal data array tracking capability.
Ability for user to save Log Files to a file to be posted or emailed for diagnostic purposes. (This is part of the Energy Saver options).
Added BALANCE strategy to MINER page – this may work better than LOAD-BALANCE for some users.
Removal of BFGminer version option – in testing 5.1.0 works best with Titans – can re-add later on as an optional installation file if demand is high enough.
More fixes to KNC’s shoddy code.
And many more small fixes / improvements too numerous to list.

All the previous firmware features and improvements are included!

Now … you’re probably asking yourself “yeah yeah, but how much do all these wonderful new features cost?” Simple: $75 first full copy, $35 for additional licenses.

Verified Previous Customers: The upgrade to this firmware is completely FREE for the number of Titans the previous version was purchased. Additional Titans require additional license purchase. If you created an account here previously then you will find license keys issued to your account. **NOTE** If you have not created an account on this site and verified your previous purchases, please contact me - http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-contact/
--
New Customers: Prices as detailed above.

***IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTICE*** – Upon upgrading to and activation of this firmware, its EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to keep track of which license was used on your KNC Titan(s). An easy way to do this is create backups of your Titan(s) after activating, then keep record of which backup went to which Titan.

***PRODUCT NOTICE*** – upon purchasing / obtaining this software, the end user agrees to the license terms set forth here(this file is also contained in my firmware): gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/gentarkin_mod/LICENSE

FOLLOWUP REMINDER .... gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com is currently the ONLY VALID SOURCE of my firmware.

All others are fake clones based on outdated and extremely buggy code.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:45:52 AM by GenTarkin »

Offline dexubdg

« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2016, 09:09:44 AM »
Cheers GenTarkin! :)

Got it! And now Energy Saver doing its magic :)

Thank You.

Offline lenart_o

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2016, 09:10:21 AM »
Hi GenTarkin,
I'm one of early donors and I never use your website to download software
should I create account with the same login and e-mail like here?
and then contact you to get your new firmware??
thanks for reply
L.R.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2016, 10:13:46 PM »
ANNOUNCING VOLUME DISCOUNTS!!!
Priced as follows:
1-9 licenses - STANDARD PRICING

10-30 license pack - 5% discount - coupon code: volume10-5-350
31-50 license pack - 10% discount - coupon code: volume31-10-1085
51+ license pack - 15% discount - coupon code: volume51-15-1785
To qualify, all licenses must be purchased in 1 purchase!

note: past purchases do not apply towards volume discounts.

For other possible discounts contact me directly: http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-contact/

Offline andonevris

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2016, 10:28:48 PM »
You know it might be an idea to accept LTC to purchase this

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2016, 01:13:47 AM »
You know it might be an idea to accept LTC to purchase this

At this time, theres no easy way to implement LTC payments w/ the setup I have.
There are some methods but they require use of 3rd party gateway payment services which I avoid.

Offline dexubdg

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
Much more rejected shares on bfgminer version 5.1.0
Where is newer bfgminer ?

Do downgrade at this version to 0.99e is possible ?

Best Regards, M.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:02:36 PM by dexubdg »

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2016, 06:42:10 PM »

Best Regards, M.

Run the energy saver it all evens out for me. More stable less watts less heat etc etc or so my hashing chart shows on litecoinpool charts all balances out imho

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:58 PM »

Best Regards, M.

The release notes mention that the option was removed. It was found that bfgminer 5.1.0  works much better w/ the Titan due to the Titan driver being more mature in 5.1.0 than in later "vanilla" bfgminer releases.
Yes you can always downgrade back to v99e, this is untested tho, not sure ultimately what the results will be.
If you are mining on prohashing, Ive noticed increased rejected shares recently. This has nothing to do with my firmware.