Author Topic: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC  (Read 17531 times)

Offline GenTarkin

Re: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2016, 07:00:34 PM »
Small update here on firmware progress....

I rewrote the "Energy Saver" controls to be simpler and more intuitive. Primarily because trying to compensate for nearly every situation a user could want became too great of a task w/ endless options and potential bugs.

There is still a freaking anomaly bug happening when user has dies set to odd configurations (off / outside the voltage parameters of "energy saver") ... Im still trying to track down why stuff aint working correctly in these more rare situations. Once I have that ironed out ... should be real damn close to release! .... crosses fingers!

You should put a checkbox next to each die which would allow users to manually bypass health checking/energy saving for that die.

I just thought of something.... one way to skip Tuning on dies is set their voltage out of range of being eligible for tuning =P .... -0.0293 would do the trick but dont run that voltage at 325mhz something will most likely burn.

I wouldn't want to run dies at that voltage.  I like to undervolt.  Auto-Tuning actually causes problems with some of my dies, but not with others.  That's why it would be nice to be able to use a checkbox to bypass certain dies for tuning.

Well, another option is turning OFF those dies prior to tuning, then reenabling once tuning is done.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »

Well, another option is turning OFF those dies prior to tuning, then reenabling once tuning is done.

I didn't realize that was an option.  I thought tuning was an ongoing process that didn't stop.  Also, how would I know when it's done?

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2016, 09:02:01 PM »

I didn't realize that was an option.  I thought tuning was an ongoing process that didn't stop.  Also, how would I know when it's done?

There will be a nice FAQ / HELP page in the webgui to address everyones main questions regarding "Energy Saver".
But basically, the redesigned user controls are this:

START | STOP | YES | NO

Start - Starts the tuning
Stop - Stops tuning if its running - restores pre tuned settings if changed since tuning started.

When tuning is finished those 2 buttons turn into:
Yes - Accept tuned results
No - Revert to pre tuned settings

While tuning is "in progress" it will show "in progress" in status area of ADVANCED page, furthermore there will be a blue ribbon at the top of all main webgui pages stating that "Per die autotuning is in progress"

There will be a couple different ways to tell when tuning has finished:
1. The status on advanced page will say "Finished! Accept results?" ( this is when yes / no buttons show)
2. The ribbon on all main webgui pages will change to green and state that Tuning is done, instructing user to select YES or NO on ADVANCED page.

User settable voltages & clocks will not be available while tuning is taking place or pending user input(YES or NO).
After YES or NO is selected, tuning will stop and voltage / clocks will be once again user settable (so thats when u could reenable the dies u dont want tuned).

Offline r00tdude

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2016, 10:58:36 PM »

There will be a nice FAQ / HELP page in the webgui to address everyones main questions regarding "Energy Saver".

START | STOP | YES | NO

Stop - Stops tuning if its running - restores pre tuned settings if changed since tuning started.

While tuning is "in progress" it will show "in progress" in status area of ADVANCED page, furthermore there will be a blue ribbon at the top of all main webgui pages stating that "Per die autotuning is in progress"

1. The status on advanced page will say "Finished! Accept results?" ( this is when yes / no buttons show)
2. The ribbon on all main webgui pages will change to green and state that Tuning is done, instructing user to select YES or NO on ADVANCED page.

User settable voltages & clocks will not be available while tuning is taking place or pending user input(YES or NO).
After YES or NO is selected, tuning will stop and voltage / clocks will be once again user settable (so thats when u could reenable the dies u dont want tuned).

When are you gonna drop this GenTarkin?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2016, 11:08:08 PM »

START | STOP | YES | NO

When are you gonna drop this GenTarkin?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Soon as I deem it suitable for mass release.
There are a couple things I still have to implement that came to my mind yesterday. Im hoping to get them in and tested, fingers crossed bug free , then it will be ready for release, so Im hoping worse case within 2 weeks.

Offline r00tdude

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »
within 2 weeks.

ROFLMAO - so it's to be vaporware?  ;)

Given how many times we all in the crypto community have heard "two weeks" maybe you could just say 10 days and we'd feel much better about it.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2016, 02:45:44 PM »
within 2 weeks.

Given how many times we all in the crypto community have heard "two weeks" maybe you could just say 10 days and we'd feel much better about it.

GenTarkin delivers.  He actually opened the safe AND posted pics.   :)

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2016, 04:59:57 PM »
within 2 weeks.

Maybe for just u it will be vaporware =P HAHAHA JK .... naw man... its not vaporware ... I think vegasguy's unauthorized selling of my very beta testcode is evidence enough of it not being vaporware =)

Its just that when I have more people testing the firmware, I see more different behaviours / bugs pop up that I didnt even think of before , so then I realize I have to code to take into account that situation as well.
Some of them I consider features and plan on implementing after next release. I gotta choose between what actually effects functionality negatively vs whats "added functionality"(a feature). Cuz, I got stuff to code piling up and gotta choose whats most important so I can get this beauty released =)

Offline mindtrip

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2016, 01:59:54 AM »
trust me GenTarkins software is worth buying and worth waiting for the latest version  :-X

Offline r00tdude

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2016, 04:47:20 PM »
It was a joke guys. I know he's solid... just could have chosen a timeframe other than 2 weeks (like BFL and GAW were always telling us) - this is crypto after-all  ;D

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2016, 01:55:29 AM »
It was a joke guys. I know he's solid... just could have chosen a timeframe other than 2 weeks (like BFL and GAW were always telling us) - this is crypto after-all  ;D

13.999999999 days =P

Offline mindtrip

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2016, 03:58:38 AM »
we already all have the hardware making money for us this will just help us increase our profitability slightly and improve our stability and long term run time of these machines

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:13 AM »
Since Im inching closer to release every day and hopefully its right around the corner. Figured I would post a preview picture of the ADVANCED page. Shows the updated "Energy Saver" options, also note the blue progress banner at the top ... this banner will be on every major webgui page while "Energy Saver" is in progress. That banner will turn green when tuning is complete and awaiting user input (Selecting to keep the tuned settings or revert to pretuned settings" ... once selected it will do what the user selects then "Energy Saver" will be turned off and user selection applied.
The HELP page which you can see linked there, will provided a form of Q&A for users regarding "Energy Saver" and how it works.

Offline r00tdude

« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2016, 12:25:08 AM »
Since Im inching closer to release every day and hopefully its right around the corner. Figured I would post a preview picture of the ADVANCED page. Shows the updated "Energy Saver" options, also note the blue progress banner at the top ... this banner will be on every major webgui page while "Energy Saver" is in progress. That banner will turn green when tuning is complete and awaiting user input (Selecting to keep the tuned settings or revert to pretuned settings" ... once selected it will do what the user selects then "Energy Saver" will be turned off and user selection applied.
The HELP page which you can see linked there, will provided a form of Q&A for users regarding "Energy Saver" and how it works.

My itchy fingers.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2016, 01:06:53 AM »
ah... so close...
heres a pic to show progress..... build autotune51(now 52 as of today) LOL!!!! never thought would be this many! Cant wait till that reads V1.0.0 or w/e version I go with.... =)