Author Topic: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC  (Read 15835 times)

Offline Searing

• Clueless
Re: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2016, 09:31:47 AM »
Clarification update!!! PLEASE READ!!!!

I have NOT POSTED a new ebay ad yet. The one currently on ebay is not the official source of the firmware. Currently the only official source is my website: gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com or myself directly.
I will announce when & if this changes.
I will announce when & if I post a new ebay ad.

Until then, any purchase made from sources other than listed above will be NOT BE ELIGIBLE for free updates to the firmware!

Just saying Vegas may just be letting those auctions die unil confirmed and you will get your cut ........well hopefully that is why they are up :)

(got to think there is some good in this group of folk) :)

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »

Just saying Vegas may just be letting those auctions die unil confirmed and you will get your cut ........well hopefully that is why they are up :)

That is not the case.  You could just make note of when the auctions start from this day forward.  This morning he just put up an auction that lasts for a whole month.

There are some good folks out there, but he is not one of them.  A simple search of his posts on Bitcointalk will be very informative.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2016, 08:53:56 AM »

That is not the case.  You could just make note of when the auctions start from this day forward.  This morning he just put up an auction that lasts for a whole month.

There are some good folks out there, but he is not one of them.  A simple search of his posts on Bitcointalk will be very informative.

Damn! too bad...it is this kinda crap that makes 'collaborations' on projects with back and forth trust almost impossible

If I was glen I'd contact ebay .he can prove he is the github owner etc and get vegas's ebay account/sales banned/deleted...should be fairly easy to prove he is the author
with ebay....they frown on that crap ...

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2016, 01:48:25 AM »
Latest update of my firmware currently still in development & testing:

Recently added new feature. Internet outage / no working pool handling.
When either of those situations is present the monitoring script will sleep on a 30 second timer rechecking every 30 seconds. This way the miner isnt issued constant hard / soft resets while the inet or pools are down.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2016, 03:33:28 AM »
Another major feature I added in test build today:

Translation of the firmware webgui to 80+ different languages!

Little preview ---->

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2016, 06:08:55 AM »
Quick PSA:

Vegasguy has re-opened his site and updated his ebay ad.
I want to make PERFECTLY CLEAR ... the version he is selling is fake and unfinished, it is from my test builds. In the terms of version It is NOT the official v1.0 in fact, its my very unfinished and buggy code of the "Energy Saver" edition.  Several bugs Ive discovered since then can be detrimental to the Titan.
If you purchase from him, you will receive no support from myself(the creator of the current release v.99e).

Id like to remind everyone once again MY website & the official way to obtain the firmware is http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com

If any of you are upset about this as I am, I encourage spreading the word to let others know.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2016, 10:11:49 PM »
EXCITING NEWS!!!!:

Just finished up my first RC build of "Energy Saver" ... will be tested soon. Its almost ready for release woohooo!    ~ granted there arent any major bugs that creep up beyond this point ha! =P

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2016, 06:23:22 AM »
Small update here on firmware progress....

I rewrote the "Energy Saver" controls to be simpler and more intuitive. Primarily because trying to compensate for nearly every situation a user could want became too great of a task w/ endless options and potential bugs.

There is still a freaking anomaly bug happening when user has dies set to odd configurations (off / outside the voltage parameters of "energy saver") ... Im still trying to track down why stuff aint working correctly in these more rare situations. Once I have that ironed out ... should be real damn close to release! .... crosses fingers!

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:34 PM »

I rewrote the "Energy Saver" controls to be simpler and more intuitive. Primarily because trying to compensate for nearly every situation a user could want became too great of a task w/ endless options and potential bugs.

There is still a freaking anomaly bug happening when user has dies set to odd configurations (off / outside the voltage parameters of "energy saver") ... Im still trying to track down why stuff aint working correctly in these more rare situations. Once I have that ironed out ... should be real damn close to release! .... crosses fingers!

You should put a checkbox next to each die which would allow users to manually bypass health checking/energy saving for that die.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2016, 04:57:43 PM »

You should put a checkbox next to each die which would allow users to manually bypass health checking/energy saving for that die.

This *may* make it into a future version but not next release. At this point Im not looking to add more features unless necessary. I need to focus on making the upcoming release stable and easily useable and predictable and actually released soon =)

Offline r00tdude

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »
Here's hoping you make it to a reliable build soon-ish.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2016, 10:59:42 PM »
Here's hoping you make it to a reliable build soon-ish.

Thanks dude! I feel like Im getting closer w/ every test release. The rework of the "Energy Saver" settings has definitely made a lot of stuff easier.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2016, 01:36:15 AM »

This *may* make it into a future version but not next release. At this point Im not looking to add more features unless necessary. I need to focus on making the upcoming release stable and easily useable and predictable and actually released soon =)

yeah I'm kinda in that boat...my machines seem to 'like' it hot (or did last year..they may puke at such this year) 85 to 90 is the range..and when they do hit that range
they mine better...much better on some dies. My whole system is weird. I have 1 cube I swear with a 'mod' could be set from 325 to 350 (stock cube) in adv page and
it would work...runs at 90 to 95 now ...and the whole cube has the lowest temps of all of my cubes...then again have other cubes at the other end of this

prob need to play tweak and poke...but getting 640 (from my high of 650.1 last year on up tick for both titans) that is with 2 dead dies (orig titan week 1) and 2 dies
at 225 and250 respectively. All other dies full out at 325 adv page settings. I mean 'really' should I mess with this a 10mh loss after 11.5 months at this rate with both
titans? Again they are 'evil' knc machines......prob best just to let them run and not make 'direct eye contact' with them when in the basement. (shudder)

so hell that imho is a frigging miracle after 15 months or so now ...both the orig and the unit I got in march 2015 are Nov 2014 units

on a side note. Had a corsair 1200i psu 'fade' on me ...may have stayed working just dandy on a regular computer but would dump 1x a week ...self test showed ok..

replaced it (left old cables in too much a pain) the new unit works just fine no issues...contacted corsair on warranty ..even told them the truth ....24/7 titan scrypt

miner etc etc ...figured they would blow me off that 24/7 14 months was normal wear and tear due to heat etc

nope...they said just send the unit back with the new cables if I don't want to hack them out and they will send me a 'refurb'd unit complete for the
cost of the shipping to them ..they pay for the cost back from what i understand

so got the RMA info label etc ..its like Xmas!

just throwing it out there for any with these psu's or need one....but hey honestly if it fades with 2 cubes it sure an't up for 24/7 and 365 days a year that is for sure

just surprised they did not take the 'easy out' and say heat and normal wear and tear.....kinda impressed actually :) (then again I did tell them I replaced it with
one of their new 1200i units with orig cables and all was well that had to help)

anyway on that aside later

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:41:41 AM by Searing »

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2016, 01:53:29 AM »

I just thought of something.... one way to skip Tuning on dies is set their voltage out of range of being eligible for tuning =P .... -0.0293 would do the trick but dont run that voltage at 325mhz something will most likely burn.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »

I just thought of something.... one way to skip Tuning on dies is set their voltage out of range of being eligible for tuning =P .... -0.0293 would do the trick but dont run that voltage at 325mhz something will most likely burn.

I wouldn't want to run dies at that voltage.  I like to undervolt.  Auto-Tuning actually causes problems with some of my dies, but not with others.  That's why it would be nice to be able to use a checkbox to bypass certain dies for tuning.