Author Topic: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC  (Read 17271 times)

Offline Mattzees

Re: NEW KNC TITAN FIRMWARE - 'GenTarkin's Mod' OFFICIAL TOPIC
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
Well, hopefully the newer versions of the firmware will only be available on the gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com official website, and then the scammer site will be forgotten about soon after.

Offline Searing

• Clueless
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2016, 08:43:24 AM »
Well, hopefully the newer versions of the firmware will only be available on the gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com official website, and then the scammer site will be forgotten about soon after.

Does the NEW site above still work for us old timers (grandfathered in) getting upgrades as they arrive...or do I have to re-make an account I wonder....

I suppose I could just wander over and see :)

So was there some kinda 'falling out' with vegas and his site? ie is the old site no longer legit? just looking for a bit of clarity :)

Nope ...won't let me in with the old name and password from the vegas site.....just hope he can resolve this..in that I'm grandfathered in on my purchase of 2 titans from
back in the day

I'll let this sit...see how it resolves..they may have not xfered the user base yet..or likely Glenn will inform us here to re-sign up

mine should be easy to prove in that I got it thru the Ebay/Paypal option :) (got to save them btc don't ya know) :)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:50:15 AM by Searing »

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2016, 09:47:25 AM »

So was there some kinda 'falling out' with vegas and his site? ie is the old site no longer legit? just looking for a bit of clarity :)

A cursory bit of research about the individual in question will make things obvious. You won't have to dig much.  It's very obvious.

Offline hagie

« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2016, 10:54:43 AM »
btw ....

anyone knows how this is accomplished :

Guys I am able to fix most of the Kncminer Titan Issues including .8v idle dies, high heat VRMS, burned PCI-E connectors. You will have to ship your cube to me.

High heat and connector shouldn't be a big problem but I still don't have an idea about the 0.8V. KNC told me it can't be fixed because it's a failure in the chip and can't be fixed.

Regards

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »
Ok, guys Ill explain whats going on at this point in time.
I think Ive given vegasguy plenty of time to get back to me, its been 4 days .. Ive pm'ed him on bitcointalk, tried reaching him via chat, there are now 2 reports of orders made via his site (bitcoinlasvegas) which have received no product nor response from vegasguy nor refund, which Ive made up for by delivering the firmware via my site (gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com).
I have no idea whats going on, perhaps he will resurface or maybe he just dropped the entire project and now is stealing from me by accepting orders via his site and not delivering ... which really sucks. I feared this sorta shit was gonna happen if I trusted someone else... ugh....

Anywho, newer versions of the firmware WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE VIA MY SITE(gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com)
People with accounts on vegasguy's site ... well unfortunately I have no access to account information at this time ... so you will all have to create new accounts on new site. (I will make this news in my github readme and on various forums). Once you create an account make an order for the full copy then send me an email via the contact page, I can then complete the order which will unlock the downloads. Please use same email as one used on bitcoinlasvegas's site.

My site is fairly new, experiencing some quircks with it w/ new orders(which doesnt concern most of you) basically the bitcoin payment handling for some reason stopped seeing when tx's confirm on the network so for now Im manually completing all orders. Meaning processing time can be longer since Im not on the site 24x7, in such even feel free to send me an email via the contact page =)

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone =(  Hopefully we can get everyone over w/o to much issues =)

Maybe vegasguy will return at some point and actually explain everything... I have no idea.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2016, 10:55:33 PM »

Maybe vegasguy will return at some point and actually explain everything... I have no idea.

Searching for his recent posts on Bitcointalk will be quite illuminating. 

There is no reason for you not to distribute the software yourself.  It pays you directly and the process can be automated.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2016, 12:55:02 AM »

Searching for his recent posts on Bitcointalk will be quite illuminating. 

There is no reason for you not to distribute the software yourself.  It pays you directly and the process can be automated.

LOL! Theres so many of them =P ... briefly looking at his stuff today back to a couple days, seems hes meddling w/ some new altcoins and was accused of being a scammer? =P that cover it? Can ya link anything specific?

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2016, 01:02:56 AM »

LOL! Theres so many of them =P ... briefly looking at his stuff today back to a couple days, seems hes meddling w/ some new altcoins and was accused of being a scammer? =P that cover it? Can ya link anything specific?

Do I really need to?  It would be better for you to be paid directly for your work.  He adds no value to what you're doing.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »
Well he finally got back to me. Time to try n work stuff out.
For now ... sales made on both sites are valid. With one difference, sales made on my site(gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com) are sent only to myself(the developer).

Will continue updating...

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »
Quick update, the situation is kinda in limbo for now. I have a few things on my plate to figure out then ... yeah, hopefully will get this resolved soon =)
The same sales update from last post still applys.

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2016, 01:19:58 AM »
Update:

Going forward, all sales will be handled exclusively through my website: http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com
I will eventually create a new ebay ad as well, which will link to my site for clarity and customers of sales made on ebay will use my site as a portal for receiving my firmware & future updates.

All proceeds from sales on my site will go to the the developer of the project(myself).

I do not have access to the customer list that vegasguy maintained so  ... I will have to try and figure out my customer base from scratch. Anyone on here this forum that has purchased firmware using vegasguy's site can send me a pm w/ ur email and subsequently create an account using the same email address on the new site.  I will also need to see a copy of the confirmation email received when ordering from either vegasguy's site or a paypal receipt from ebay showing that the firmware was purchased from either source.
**NOTE** For the above ... customer verification only needs to happen when I release a new version of the firmware. So, there is no rush on this.

vegasguy has closed the portion of his site for my firmware permanently, has also removed the ebay ad.   ... or so he says and has done, but may eventually try creating new sites .. etc..

Sorry for the inconvenience, I ask the community for patience as I sort this all out. I do plan on releasing the "energy saver" edition after this gets settled.

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2016, 01:34:12 AM »
Update:

Going forward, all sales will be handled exclusively through my website: http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com
I will eventually create a new ebay ad as well, which will link to my site for clarity and customers of sales made on ebay will use my site as a portal for receiving my firmware & future updates.

All proceeds from sales on my site will go to the the developer of the project(myself).

Glad to hear the "useless third-party guy" is out of the picture.  I'm happy to support the developer.  That's how it should be.

Offline dexubdg

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2016, 10:08:21 AM »
Im send PM to You.

Best Regards.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:00:55 PM by dexubdg »

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »
Clarification update!!! PLEASE READ!!!!

I have NOT POSTED a new ebay ad yet. The one currently on ebay is not the official source of the firmware. Currently the only official source is my website: gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com or myself directly.
I will announce when & if this changes.
I will announce when & if I post a new ebay ad.

Until then, any purchase made from sources other than listed above will be NOT BE ELIGIBLE for free updates to the firmware!

Offline Mattzees

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2016, 03:24:24 AM »
Just to clarify what has been said over at BitcoinTalk,  NEVER buy the firmware from any website except the official one, which is...

http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/

If you buy from any other website, throwing away $50 because you will not get updates.