Author Topic: [Pool] Prohashing - Professional scrypt mining made simple  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Prohashing

• Prohashing scrypt mining pool
[Pool] Prohashing - Professional scrypt mining made simple
« on: August 08, 2015, 08:01:14 AM »

Prohashing is the most advanced coin-switching scrypt mining pool on the market, mining and paying out in over 120 coins including Litecoin.  Every aspect of our scrypt pool is custom designed to provide you with the most profitable, easiest to use, and most reliable experience possible.

Why choose Prohashing?

Make the most money possible

Prohashing is based upon a custom mining server that not only merge-mines coins but also distributes pool hashrate across multiple coin networks to prevent any coin from crashing in price or soaring in difficulty.  We are a pay-per-share pool, offering consistent payouts that other proportional pools cannot provide.  With Prohashing you can get paid in any coin we mine plus additional popular coins, or, choose to get paid in combination of coins or even get paid in U.S. dollars through Coinbase.

Optimized for all mining hardware

Whether you're running a KnC Titan, a Zeusminer, a Gridseed Terminator, or any other hardware, Prohashing analyzes your miner's performance characteristics and optimizes the work we send you so that you achieve the highest payout for your hardware.  For example, the KnC Titan traditionally suffers in coin-switching pools or even pools that merge mine coins because Titans require multiple seconds to refresh work after a new block, wasting mining time.  With our unique work restart calculation, we determine the optimal coin for your miner and when (or not) to send new work so that you can earn the most money while not wasting hashrate unnecessarily switching coins.

Detailed charts and statistics

Prohashing's website is based on a chart-focused interface providing information at a glance about the status of your miners and the pool.  A unique feature to Prohashing, you can track your electricity usage and costs, allowing you to easily determine the profitability of your own miner.  We also provide block explorers for all supported coins at https://prohashing.com/explorer

Open and transparent

With over a year operating and hundreds of happy customers, Prohashing is here to stay.  Prohashing is a limited liability company (LLC) registered in the state of Pennsylvania.  In a market of pools that try to obfsucate their operations and cheat their customers, we provide full transparency so that you know who we are and how the pool is operating.  We are always available to answer questions in our forums or through email.

Come check us out today at https://prohashing.com

Offline dman99

Re: [Pool] Prohashing - Professional scrypt mining made simple
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
I've been alternating between Prohashing and Nicehash.  This pool works great and the payouts are exactly what they should be with my hashrate.  They also seem to pretty consistently be among the best paying multipools.  I wish they had a moving average for the hashrate and more detailed graphs for payouts and payrates, but other than that no complaints.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:11:57 PM by dman99 »

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 04:04:41 PM »
Giving this pool a whirl! I gotta say, I love all the stats provided and the emphasis on work restart delays per miner tuning. Really nicely done pool. I can say my Titan has NEVER been happier mining on a multi pool, I think this is the first one where its had literally 0 issues.
Will see how profitability pans out and if the pool remains honest or not(I hope so! cuz this freaking rocks)

Offline hagie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 04:20:03 PM »
any recommendations regarding work restart timeout for the titan ?

Regards

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 01:55:17 AM »

Regards

I didnt set that on my titan, I just set the other stuff in the guide on the site. It says, set scantime to 1, use failover-only, set pool URL to this: prohashing.com:3333/#skipcbcheck, specify diff of 8192 in password field w/ d=8192
The pool guide states that its more effecient to let the pool figure out the optimum work restart delay/timeout for ur miner.
Finally, if you havent heard/seen of my custom Titan firmware Ive developed(for reliability & safety), then head over here:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=27635.0

feel free to PM me questions =)

Offline hagie

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 06:49:09 AM »

Regards

I didnt set that on my titan, I just set the other stuff in the guide on the site. It says, set scantime to 1, use failover-only, set pool URL to this: prohashing.com:3333/#skipcbcheck, specify diff of 8192 in password field w/ d=8192
The pool guide states that its more effecient to let the pool figure out the optimum work restart delay/timeout for ur miner.
Finally, if you havent heard/seen of my custom Titan firmware Ive developed(for reliability & safety), then head over here:

Check the other Threads - I already bought your firmware - I even plan to enhance it further :-)

Regards
Stefan

Offline loshia

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PM »

Regards

Excuse me Sir,
But as a pool op I can say that there is no such thing like optimal work restart /delay timout or whatever that means. The good pool is obliged to send you stratum job restart ASAP/IMMEDIALTELY AFTER BLOCK CHANGE. And good pool does it within milliseconds delay ;) Otherwise you are mining on stale work and if you happen to solve block it will be trashed immediately without any rewards. The real issue comes when pool MM mines let us say 10 coins for example. Then it may turn out that work restart is sent too often (every couple of secs for instance which is effectively killing asic miner performance) because of the above reasons. And then pool op have to decide which of the many mm coins to sacrifice ;) And at the end it may turn out that it is better to mine mm just one alt coin and send work restarts on time.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:59:04 PM by loshia »

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »

Regards

Excuse me Sir,
But as a pool op I can say that there is no such thing like optimal work restart /delay timout or whatever that means. The good pool is obliged to send you stratum job restart ASAP AFTER BLOCK CHANGE. And good pool does it within milliseconds delay ;) Otherwise you are mining on stale work and if you happen to solve block it will be trashed immediately without any rewards. The real issue comes when pool MM mines let us say 10 coins for example. Then it may turn out that work restart is sent too often (every couple of secs for instance which is effectively killing asic miner performance) because of the above reasons. And then pool op have to decide which of the many mm coins to sacrifice ;) And at the end it may turn out that it is better to mine mm just one alt coin and send work restarts on time.

Thanks for enlightening me =) ... I guess I meant the pool determines which coins it tells ur miner to mine based on ur miners specific work delay. Read the web page guide, it states something similar to that =)

Offline loshia

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »
There  is no way for ANY POOL to know your miner work delay precisely in order to make such fancy decisions. And they are not necessary....
I am old school boy what I would like of such pool is to mine most profitable coins (not all because of frequent job restarts Or all but send me job restarts for some of them ) based on their price only without doing black magic and calculating "delays" and pay me ASAP in just a single coin of my choice. But that is only me probably...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:01:10 PM by loshia »

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 05:08:54 PM »
There  is no way for ANY POOL to know your miner work delay precisely in order to make such fancy decisions. And they are not necessary....
I am old school boy what I would like of such pool is to mine most profitable coins (not all because of frequent job restarts Or all but send me job restarts for some of them ) based on their price only without doing black magic and calculating "delays" and pay me ASAP in just a single coin of my choice. But that is only me probably...

So, ur saying "Work restart optimization

Prohashing's system considers network latency and "spin up" time in computing the optimal coin for your miners to mine. Some ASICs incur a significant delay after a block is found, during which they perform no mining. This delay can make mining coins with short block times unprofitable for such miners. Prohashing tests your miner and determines the most profitable coin for your specific hardware. Prohashing also automatically determines how many coins to merge mine so that work restarts don't cause losses in primary coin profitability."

Is a bunch of BS and this pool is lieing?

Offline loshia

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 05:33:34 PM »
Not REALY .
Just too much marketing in the part of job restarts. that is all.

It is just not simple and there are to many factors involved. If they do something it can be like this. Send you fake job a couple of times knowing how long it takes for a miner to return a winning nonce at particular dificulty. Then send it again and again and measure the results. So imagine there are network issues and delays beyound pool and you as a miner and they get numbers with big variation. What will they do take avarage or what? Let us make things simple they get  constant number x which equals to your delay for that particular job without any network issues during test. Then what follows next?
They decide that your miner is ok and can take restarts every second. They can not know how does your miner pic implementation handles real world mining and job restarts. How are internal buffers implemented and so on. And if they know it so what?
They will send you a milsecond job restart to Mine each and every coin on world ;)
The most important for any pool is to send you job restart on time. Let me talk about doge. From my experience doge job restarts due to new blocks happenned at about 20-40 seconds. Let us imagine that X pool sends you job restart about 3-5 seconds late not more. Because poor doged connectivity, no external hooks bad pool software network issues or whatever. I am not referring this particular pool. I have not tested and I do not know if they send you restart on time or not. It is very easy to test and you can do it also. So you are loosing about 10% of your potential income just because of that?
Then what the f...ck does it mater how long will it take for your miner to cope with job restart. Any decent miner can take job restart quite fast.
Of course the truth is that real world job restart is a random number. But if it is constant it is beter to mine on long bloks compared to short ones
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:40:09 PM by loshia »

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 05:40:02 PM »
Not REALY .
Just too much marketing in the part of job restarts. that is all.

It is just not simple and there are to many factors involved. If they do something it can be like this. Send you fake job a couple of times knowing how long it takes for a miner to return a winning nonce at particular dificulty. Then send it again and again and measure the results. So imagine there are network issues and delays beyound pool and you as a miner and they get numbers with big variation. What will they do take avarage or what? Let us make things simple they get  constant number x which equals to your delay for that particular job without any network issues during test. Then what follows next?
They decide that your miner is ok and can take restarts every second. They can not know how does your miner pic implementation handles real world mining and job restarts. How are internal buffers implemented and so on. And if they know it so what?
They will send you a milsecond job restart to Mine each and every coin on world ;)
The most important for any pool is to send you job restart on time. Let me talk about doge. From my experience doge job restarts due to new blocks happenned at about 20-40 seconds. Let us imagine that X pool sends you job restart about 3-5 seconds late not more. Because poor doged connectivity, no external hooks bad pool software network issues or whatever. I am not referring this particular pool. I have not tested and I do not know if they send you restart on time or not. It is very easy to test and you can do it also. So you are loosing about 10% of your potential income just because of that?
Then what the f...ck does it mater how long will it take for your miner to cope with job restart. Any decent miner can take job restart quite fast.

I guess ur right about how they figure our restart time:
"Prohashing computes the work restart time of miners by assigning very low difficulty shares to them when they first connect. For a period of 15-30s, newly connected miners will be assigned shares with rapidly changing blocks to test the performance of the miners. After this period, the miners begin normal mining. The data obtained during the testing period is stored and used for the remainder of your mining time.

Network latency is also determined in these work restart tests. Latency further affects the optimal coin for mining in addition to the work restart time.

When you first connect your miners, they will appear to thrash with many low-difficulty shares that accomplish little. This behavior is normal and expected. The miners will quickly return to normal operation. The time lost during this initial testing period is later earned back with higher profits within the first ten minutes of mining. A much briefer test is performed periodically to ensure that network conditions have not changed since the initial test."

Offline loshia

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »
Ok dude as you say....
You think it matters. I think it does not. I do respect your opinion for sure and I do not want to argue with you any more
Peace..
The best test you can do is:
Connect two equal miners in terms of speed to two diferent pools. Mine for a month or two non stop. Then compare your real income. That maters ;)

Offline GenTarkin

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 05:56:48 PM »
Ok dude as you say....
You think it matters. I think it does not. I do respect your opinion for sure and I do not want to argue with you any more
Peace..
The best test you can do is:
Connect two equal miners in terms of speed to two diferent pools. Mine for a month or two non stop. Then compare your real income. That maters ;)

You misinterpret my intent, Im not trying to argue, just tryin to become more familiar w/ how it truely works =)
Anywho, thanks for the info =)

Offline loshia

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »
You are welcome dude....
Your miner will act differently to job restarts in diferent situations. That is all. Have you noticed how long it takes for your favorite app to open? Is it always constant? So when talking about pics the variation is even bigger. That is all
The truth is that frequent job restarts are not good for any miner. And there is no magic on earth to decide if it worth it or not. So imagine you are mining the most profitable alt coin for the past hour and just before you to cashe out its price collapses. Is it pool falt? no of course. Is your fault? no.
What I do in my pool is:
For those who want to mm doge they get job restarts
For those who do not want to mm they do not get job restarts on new doge blocks
I am even thinking for folks who mm to be able to decide if they will get restarts or not.
In reality your miner wil update sooner or later with fresh job even if you are not getting restarts on mm coins. And you will solve some blocks anyway. And you can decide if it is worth it to loose some of your mm income but gain some speed for the main coin.and we are talking about less than 0.1%  loss of hash due to doge job restarts here from my observations in my pool.
Titans mining and and only two coins