Author Topic: Emma Knapp 7 year old with brain cancer, donate in litecoin or bitcoin  (Read 1909 times)

Offline StephenKnapp

Hello, just wanted to let the Litecoin community know that we are still taking donations for Emma's upcoming trip to John Hopkins for her first round of chemotherapy. All donations will go toward travel expenses. For those who missed the last thread, 7 year old Emma was diagnosed with brain cancer on January 25th of this year, two weeks after her father tragically died in a car accident on Interstate 10 in Florida. Our family has been tapped out financially and insurance does not cover all the extra expenses (food, travel, lodging) as we have to leave state to get Emma the treatment she needs.
We are proud to announce we are accepting bitcoin for transfer to food and gas gift cards for her mother and two brothers, Dominik age 9 and Rhys age 3.
The family goal is $800 which will cover for the one week stay at John Hopkins medical center.

Whoever donates at least $5 in bitcoin will have the option to receive a brain cancer  awareness wristband (please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery) or their name on a "get well" card that will be given to Emma.
All who donate will receive email updates on Emma's progress throughout the coming months.

For more information please contact us at [email protected]

You can send your donation in Bitcoin to:
1C8pjhpyGa9dtCtyQZspUumXtNEbRGvs63

You can send your donation in Litecoin to:
LW1Ru2fCRSESvBUUc12f8jmEwjVL71bWaM

When you donate please post in this thread the TXid and email (optional) for your free gift and/or additional correspondence.

Thank you,
The Knapp Family

Edit: There will not be a GoFundMe page for Emma as the family does not use social media.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:31:33 PM by StephenKnapp »

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
I would normally just tell people to beware of these types of things, however I am in an unusual position where I can verify the OP's claims since im just a hop skip and a jump away from JH.

Stephen, if you would like I can verify your story in order to give you some legitimacy. However I do want to say that John's Hopkin's is several thousands of dollars for a week, not $800. So yea.......

Offline StephenKnapp

I would normally just tell people to beware of these types of things, however I am in an unusual position where I can verify the OP's claims since im just a hop skip and a jump away from JH.

Stephen, if you would like I can verify your story in order to give you some legitimacy. However I do want to say that John's Hopkin's is several thousands of dollars for a week, not $800. So yea.......

Hi Thanks for your reply. Medical insurance covers her stay at Johns Hopkins, what I am collecting is for personal expenses such as gas and food. The Ronald McDonald house will help pay for lodging. We don't need several thousand.

I would like to be verified, how can you help?

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member

Hi Thanks for your reply. Medical insurance covers her stay at Johns Hopkins, what I am collecting is for personal expenses such as gas and food. The Ronald McDonald house will help pay for lodging. We don't need several thousand.

I could actually visit you guys in the hospital :)

Offline StephenKnapp

We could definitely arrange something. Our family welcomes visitors!  Do you happen to know where the  Kimmel Cancer Center is inside the Weinberg Building?
leave your contact info and we will be in touch

Offline losh11

• Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin is Platinum Isotope 190 to Bitcoin's Gold
    • Bitch, here's my site.
:) hope her the best! So sorry for Emma, she doesn't deserve [the cancer].

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member

We could definitely arrange something. Our family welcomes visitors!  Do you happen to know where the  Kimmel Cancer Center is inside the Weinberg Building?
leave your contact info and we will be in touch

Are you currently there?

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
Re: Emma Knapp 7 year old with brain cancer, donate in litecoin or bitcoin
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 02:10:09 AM »
I guess this was yet another scam, OP never got back to me once I said I could verify him.

Offline losh11

• Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
I guess this was yet another scam, OP never got back to me once I said I could verify him.

Hmm, this is one of those things where I feel like this forum needs improvement to its rules. All companies selling items should send the LA its company registration information, and asking for something like this should require the mods to verify that their documents are legitimate for medical stuff.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 07:41:14 AM »
Plus pay a fee for said service so it would actually be worth our time...  8)

Offline losh11

• Bitch, here's my site.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 04:13:56 PM »
For charity's? I don't think we should charge money for charity things.

Offline Sy

• Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 06:23:20 AM »
For charity's? I don't think we should charge money for charity things.

You said companies...

Thread moved to scams.

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:51 AM »
Plus pay a fee for said service so it would actually be worth our time...  8)

Ironic you bring that up. Ive had a lot of people asking the LA to vet these companies, although not knowing that this takes resources.