Electrum-grs is a lightweight "thin client" groestlcoin wallet Windows, MacOS and Linux based on a client-server protocol. Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include support for multi-signature wallets and not requiring the download of the entire block chain.
If you are an ordinary user of Groestlcoin and simply want the convenience of a web wallet with the security of a real application and support for multi-signature, then Elecrum-GRS is the right choice for you.
• Encrypted wallet - the file that contains your groestlcoins is protected with a password. You are protected from thieves.
• Deterministic key generation - If you lose your wallet, you can recover it from its seed. You are protected from your own mistakes.
• Instant on - the client does not download the blockchain, it requests that information from a server. No delays, always up-to-date.
• Freedom and Privacy - The server does not store user accounts. You are not tied to a particular server, and the server does not need to know you.
• No scripts - Electrum does not download any script. A compromised server cannot send you arbitrary code and steal your groestlcoins.
• No single point of failure - The server code is open source, anyone can run a server.
• Transactions are signed locally - Your private keys are not shared with the server. You do not have to trust the server with your money.
• Firewall friendly - The client does not need to open a port, it simply polls the server for updates.
• Free software - Gnu GPL v3. Anyone can audit the code.
• Written in Python - The code is short, and easy to review.
• User Friendly - Support for Groestlcoin URIs, signed URIs and Groestlcoin aliases
• No Lock-In - You can export your private keys and use them in other groestlcoin clients.
• No Downtimes - Electrum servers are decentralized and redundant. Your wallet is never down.
• Proof Checking - Electrum Wallet verifies all the transactions in your history using SPV.
• Cold Storage - Keep your private keys offline, and go online with a watching-only wallet. Sign transactions from a computer taht is always offline. Broadcast them from a machine that does not have your keys.
• Multisign - Split the permission to spend your coins between several wallets using parallel BIP32 derivations and P2SH addresses ("2 of 2", "2 of 3"). Compact serialization format for unsigned or partially signed transactions, that includes the BIP32 master public key and derivation needed to sign inputs. Serialized transactions can be sent to cosigners or to cold storage using QR codes
• Cosigner Pool plugin - encrypted communication channel for multisign wallets, to send and receive partially signed transactions.
• Get noticed - Run a public Electrum server, publish your message and reach thousands of Groestlcoin users
It is appreciated if feedback of the following is provided:
1. Can you receive coins? (small amounts to avoid losing them)
2. Can you send coins?
3. Can you scan a QR code from another phone.
4. Does the cosigner pool work when using a multi-signature wallet?
5. Does the virtual keyboard work when it asks to enter your wallet password?
6. Does it automatically detect electrum1.groestlcoin.org and electrum2.groestlcoin.org under Tools - Network?
7. Are you able to sweep private keys?
This application is licensed under the GPL version 3. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
The application may have unfound bugs and problems. To leave feedback:
1. PM me
2. Email: [email protected]
3. Post reports of erros in this topic.
Store your secret phrase somewhere safe!
The multi-signature addresses starts with a "3" and not with a "F".
Electrum-GRS creates an encrypted filename default_wallet instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin Core)
• Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-grs\wallets (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\Electryum-grs\wallets) and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
• Location Mac: Navigate to ~/Libarary/Application Support/Electrum-grs/wallets and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
You can download it using the links below and be up and running with Groestlcoin in 5 minutes.
Download the OSX DMG Wallet here: https://github.com/GroestlCoin/electrum-grs/releases/download/v2.0.3/Electrum-grs-2.0.3.dmg
Download Windows Wallet here: https://github.com/GroestlCoin/electrum-grs/releases/download/v2.0.3/Electrum-grs-2.0.3-setup.exeNote: The QR code scanner is not supported in Windows and OSX binaries
GitHub Source server: https://github.com/GroestlCoin/electrum-server
Github Source client: https://github.com/GroestlCoin/electrum